Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

You're Crazy (w/ izzy)

Welcome To the Jungle (w/ izzy)

It's So Easy (w/ izzy)

Mr. Brownstone (w/ izzy)

Used To Love Her (w/ izzy)

This I Love

14 Years (w/ izzy)

Dead Flowers (w/ izzy)

jam/Rocket Queen

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Street Of Dreams

Sweet Child O' Mine

Don't Cry

Nightrain (w/ izzy)

Patience (w/ Izzy)

Knocking On Heaven's Door (w/ Izzy)

Paradise City (w/ izzy)

END!

11 songs with izzy, with 14 years. Not bad! happy birthday AFD!!

Nah, if he were truly badass and rock n' roll, he'd quit on the spot and refuse the money and release an open letter explaining why. He's bitching online to people who can't help him and can't change anything, and it accomplishes nothing other than upsetting people who don't deserve to be upset. Bitching on Twitter is NOT what I think of when I think of a badass member of Guns N' Roses.

I get he's gotta make a living. But he can't have it both ways. Either make a living and be a gentleman or take a risk, quit, and THEN talk some shit. This is ridiculous and sad.

At which point you'd be on here crying and cursing him out about the fact that it was big bad Bumble's fault that Axl had to cancel the tour. If you want to give Bumble shit for speaking out in public about this shit then what do you think Axl would have done if the tour had to be cancelled?

You don't know me or what I'd say, but nice try. And cancel what tour? There's one date left!

Were you around in 04? There was a lynch mob out for Buckethead since he was to blame for the canceling of ONE show. How bad do you think it would have been if Ron decided to not go on this tour.

I've been around since the AOL message board days in 1996 when I was 12. I took a break between 2000 and 2006 because I thought Oh My God and the 2002 tours were awful, but then the band (and Axl in particular) had one of the most amazing turnarounds I've ever seen. Second to maybe the new Van Halen record and tour. You just proved my point that you don't know me. Ron leaving due to his injuries would be MORE than understandable, we've all known about it, it's common knowledge, and those of us who are reasonable human beings would applaud him for putting his health first. Life isn't always that simple, but this in particular is unacceptable.

Honestly, I had a TON of respect for Ron. I can think of few active musicians who I look up to more as people and as players. When I brought people to the three shows in L.A. this year, I made sure they knew how much pain the dude was in and what a trooper he was. It was really admirable that he gave his best and was so good to his audience when anyone in his position would probably just want to be a bitter asshole.

This is just not cool at all. There's no excuse. I know I'm upset reading it/wish he didn't have to suffer, because I'm sure a lot of this is related to his injuries (if Izzy and the rest of the band aren't doing this...), but I sit here thinking "okay, now I'm upset and I'm sure a lot of other people are, what does this solve other than upsetting people who have no part in this and don't deserve to be upset?"

I don't know the man. But I do care. I hope the best for him. Stuff like this makes it difficult though.

I never claimed to know you, Marla Hooch. Hooch. What a hitter!

He has every right to complain about having zero notice of a show when the man is sacrificing his own health for the sake of the band. That's a shitty way to repay the man. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it. It's quite possible the only reason there even was this tour is because he sacrificed himself for it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Something has clearly set him off and I want to know what it was. At least it's something NEW!

I love how they've played the majority of the show with Izzy yet people are still going :drool:

Axl wants to bury the old band yet the majority of songs are AFD/UYI era band songs with Izzy guesting...I never want to hear the Axl fans brag about Axl's integrity, him not being about the money or this not being a tribute band ever again.........milking that old Guns cow to the last drop..............

Edited by classicrawker

I love how they've played the majority of the show with Izzy yet people are still going :drool:

Axl wants to bury the old band yet the majority of songs are AFD/UYI era band songs with Izzy guesting...I never want to hear the Axl fans brag about Axl's integrity, him not being about the money or this not being a tribute band ever again.........milking that old Guns cow to the last drop..............

it was the 25 year anniversary of AFD kind of a celebration isnt it? bands do it all the time

it was the 25 year anniversary of AFD kind of a celebration isnt it? bands do it all the time

Then why is it such a surprise to the rest of the band? If it was a planned celebration, surely they knew the date of the the 25th anniversary.

Yet Axl claims to want to bury the old bands does not show up to the HoF and does not want any old material released..unless he can make quick $$$ from it.............kind of hypocritical yes?

What the fuck are you talking about? Why can't they have Izzy out for a show once in a while? This is a special, acoustic gig anyway, and is not representative of all shows. Axl wrote most of the lyrics of old Guns songs so he can play them whenever he wants. And I think he wants to promote the new band members, not bury the old bands music.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Guest Gunns

I wonder if Izzy was requested.

and slash too?

Why would they? He's in Axl's ass or something like that.

Russians have a lot of influence

What the fuck are you talking about? Why can't they have Izzy out for a show once in a while? This is a special, acoustic gig anyway, and is not representative of all shows.

How much of each show is the old material, again? Like 80-90%?

Yet Axl claims to want to bury the old bands does not show up to the HoF and does not want any old material released..unless he can make quick $$$ from it.............kind of hypocritical yes?

once again the HOF thing was a personal choice, had nothing to do with music, as for old material what old material is it that he doesnt want released?

Showing up to the HOF would have misled many casual fans into believing the band was reuniting, then they would be pissed at Axl when it didn't happen.

What the fuck are you talking about? Why can't they have Izzy out for a show once in a while? This is a special, acoustic gig anyway, and is not representative of all shows. Axl wrote most of the lyrics of old Guns so he can play them whenever he wants. And I think he wants to bury the image of the old band, not the music.

You think Axl did this for fun? You think Izzy just happned to be in the neighborhood and did this for free? it was for the $$$...Axl wants to bury the old band yet he plays a show which is comprised of mostly AFD and UYI songs with Izzy guesting for which I am sure he was paid handsomly....I just find it a bit hypocritical on Axl's part....

Yet Axl claims to want to bury the old bands does not show up to the HoF and does not want any old material released..unless he can make quick $$ from it.............kind of hypocritical yes?

Showing up to the HOF would have misled many casual fans into believing the band was reuniting, then they would be pissed at Axl when it didn't happen.

Casual fans wouldn't get pissed at anyone. They're casual.