Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

"Man up, you only have a broken back". Vintage Soul Monster.

Heh, nope, I don't consider a broken back to be a trifling matter at all. Here's what I am saying: "man up, it was your decision to go on tour while injured". If he had thrown in the towel before the tour because of his injuries he would have had all the sympathy and support from me. I wouldn't even have minded him letting the world know he suffers right now. He could have been cool about it: "Fuck this is hard, I made a bad decision but show will go on", or even "sorry guys, I made a wrong decision and now I have to stop touring." But to just complain and signal that he detests the tour and considers the remaining show nothing but a bore, is just unprofessional and bad form towards his band mates, his audience and his fans.

You do realise that Axl just goes ahead and books tours without consulting them right? I even saw BBF say this year I think it was, words to the effect of: "You guys know more than me, I find out about tours when I get the plane tickets in the mail". So, knowing this, BBF does not get to say "Hey I'm injured I can't do this tour", because they are booked without his knowledge. He could only tell Axl after they have been booked and cause Axl to be litigated into the next solar system. As someone else said, he did man up and fill his obligations and get on with the job. The only thing I will say is that, yes in some sense airing the band's dirty laundry is not the best idea as it dampens the excitement, since people know BBF doesn't want to be there. I think it is pretty clear though he is completely fed up with the situation and is pretty much on his way out. He already is mentally, so may as well get out physically also. Good for him for calling out Axl on working the crew to a dangerous level. This is a serious business. these guys are doing serious work, if something fails due to silly mistakes through fatigue, people can die.

You need to realise that BBF does not get a choice or say whether GNR does X, Y and Z tour or show. He simply finds out about it and has to deal with it. The beginning of the end for him was when Axl selfishly booked a tour soon after his accident. He was by no means ready to tour, yet Axl didn't care.

Now Axl can go get yet another guitar player for his pathetic group.

I think this situation, like GNR as a whole, is just very sad. I'm not a fan of Ron, but I think he should move on with his life. GNR has been turned into a complete joke. To call GNR a "band" is just insulting. Ron (and the other guys) are just being completely disrespected and treated like shit. Everything is now in the open, as if it wasn't before, but we all know Ron is miserable in GNR. It's safe to say why he plays Glad to be here now. Although, I'm sure it will still be disputed by the resident loons of this site.

If Ron leaves, that will be the final nail in the coffin for this band. The revolving door 'band' that is GNR, will go into hibernation whilst Axl finds his next emo guitar prodigy, who is more interested in uploading pics of himself trout pouting, then practising his parts. Another album? Forget it. 2020 at best.

For Ron's sake, I hope he does leave. He doesn't need this shit anymore. Good for him calling Axl on his shit. At least someone has the balls to do it in Camp "Yes".

This group is a joke, I cannot bring myself to call it a band. Following it nowadays is just sheer curiosity to see how bad things will get.

This finnal leg of the tour has been about cash grab, and I'm guessing an attempt on Axl's part to prove he can show up and get on with it, wihtout the toys out of pram routine, as maybe he would like a future record deal. As for Ron, wasn't he beiong paid far less than DJ Ash ? which seems out taking into account how average DJ Ash is. Without doubt this lastest line up has been the worst. Atleast when Buckethead was hired i'd bother to check out the YouTube videos.

Everything after they toured the release of CD has been cash grab touring. I wouldn't be surprised if DJ was getting more $$$ as it's clear his Axl's little lap dog, and Ron has been known to speak up about start times etc. From their interaction live, you can tell they don't like each other. This lineup has been the worst, and I'll guarantee, working off DJ as a guide, any lineup after this will only get even worse.

Edited by Peter Shneck

I remember when Axl called out metallica (on their home turf :rofl-lol: ) for apparently treating their crew like shit, hope he ain't doing the same and they all got a good payday for performing great music! RHCP were hired for some oil baron's party a while ago too.

Guns N' Roses will perform for a russian wedding tonight. Bryan Adams will be there.

Cost for this show : 1 000 000$

Vodka, Guitars and Cocaine in the hall.

Source : trust me.

454940AXL5.jpg

SETLIST :

You're Crazy (w/ izzy)

Welcome To the Jungle (w/ izzy)

It's So Easy (w/ izzy)

Mr. Brownstone (w/ izzy)

Used To Love Her (w/ izzy)

This I Love

14 Years (w/ izzy)

Dead Flowers (w/ izzy)

jam/Rocket Queen

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Street Of Dreams

Sweet Child O' Mine

Don't Cry

Nightrain (w/ izzy)

Patience (w/ Izzy)

Knocking On Heaven's Door (w/ Izzy)

Paradise City (w/ izzy)

Only two Chinese Democracy songs? Axl must have been fuming inside about not being able to play what he wanted to play. :D

He did man up. He showed up for work. He's in incredible pain, still showed up, and vented, for only a couple of moments. Big deal.

Why can't Ron speak his own mind? You can he can't?

to be fair... Ron started this w/ his first tweet regarding "nails in the coffin" (prior to knowing about the private gig) this is not the first time at the end of a tour he has tweeted cryptic messages. He knows tweeting shit like that will get fans all fired up. Then starts tweeting about integrity and BS like that. Honestly I have an issue with comments like that, if you have an issue with management be a pro and talk to them about it. Talk to Axl about it, dont air your dirty laundry. If your neck hurts, say your neck hurts and you need treatment, not shit like "too many nails in the coffin" too much can be read into a comment like that

He did man up. He showed up for work. He's in incredible pain, still showed up, and vented, for only a couple of moments. Big deal.

Why can't Ron speak his own mind? You can he can't?

to be fair... Ron started this w/ his first tweet regarding "nails in the coffin" (prior to knowing about the private gig) this is not the first time at the end of a tour he has tweeted cryptic messages. He knows tweeting shit like that will get fans all fired up. Then starts tweeting about integrity and BS like that. Honestly I have an issue with comments like that, if you have an issue with management be a pro and talk to them about it. Talk to Axl about it, dont air your dirty laundry. If your neck hurts, say your neck hurts and you need treatment, not shit like "too many nails in the coffin" too much can be read into a comment like that

Talk to Axl about it? lollll.

Here's how Axl's response would go:

2:50

Edited by Peter Shneck

Where has Axl said he wants to bury the old bands music?

"I just want to bury Appetite, it's like I like the album but I'm sick of it. I don't want to live my life through that one album, have to bury it. That's the goal, bury Appetite."

1:30

Humm the wedding host must have had a lot of money!

"I just want to bury Appetite, it's like I like the album but I'm sick of it. I don't want to live my life through that one album, have to bury it. That's the goal, bury Appetite."

This comment is always misunderstood. What he meant at the time is he wanted to do something different in the studio.

People are surprised gnr did this?

They played over in Russia back in '10 at someones bday.

What surprised me the most is that Izzy performed with the band. Did he flew over from the States especially for this? I hope that he finally can put his problems with Axl aside and start writing songs with him.

What surprised me the most is that Izzy performed with the band. Did he flew over from the States especially for this? I hope that he finally can put his problems with Axl aside and start writing songs with him.

Izzy toured with the band in 2006 and in this year in London. He isn't flying around the world to join his mate on stage, there is obviously a cash incentive for him as the guest. I thin Axl and Izzy have always remained friends, however he is NOT apart of the band and won't be involved in any writing.

You do realise that Axl just goes ahead and books tours without consulting them right?

Only people with reading and/or thinking incapabilities would be unsure of whether I am aware of this. Bumblefoot has been in the band for 6 years now and surely knows this, too, he's an intelligent guy. During these 6 years he has had ample opportunities to quit the band if he came to a point where he couldn't stand the way the band is run. No one would blame him. I certainly would never accept not being informed of short and long term plans well in advance and would never have joined the band in the first place.

LOL, this was back when all of or almost all of the old band was still together. My comment was in response to someone saying he wants to bury the old band, but that he is a hypocrite for playing the old bands songs.

Izzy toured with the band in 2006 and in this year in London. He isn't flying around the world to join his mate on stage, there is obviously a cash incentive for him as the guest. I thin Axl and Izzy have always remained friends, however he is NOT apart of the band and won't be involved in any writing.

Not that I disagree with but how do you know so much?