Monster Energy - Sponsorship

ThinkAboutYou

We all have seen the Monster logo's the last 2 years so what's the level of involvement with Monster?

At one stage they had a photo of 5 signed Monster guitars, they have picks with the logo, DJ sometimes wears Monster T shirt's

So what have you guy's seen at the shows?

Guest Broskirose
Dj needs to milk the GNR name to get some extra $. No surprise.

DJ had a very successful career before joining GNR. He's the only member of the band (besides maybe Axl) that could easily leave GNR behind and still find mainstream success elsewhere.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. He wants cash. :shrugs:

After they bring out the piano for November Rain, Tom Mayhue places a can of Monster on top of Axl's piano, looks at it, and fixes it to make sure the Monster logo is facing the crowd. I thought that was kinda dumb lol.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

There was a time when a band taking on a corporate sponsor for a tour was considered taboo. However these days the cost of running an arena or stadium tour is staggering. Ticket prices are already way too high. So if having sponsors keeps ticket prices from going up more and helps the band keep the bells and whistles like pyro & lighting, it's worth it. Changed my mind on this topic after hearing Paul McCartney talk about it years ago.

Guest Broskirose

DJ had a very successful career before joining GNR. He's the only member of the band (besides maybe Axl) that could easily leave GNR behind and still find mainstream success elsewhere.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. He wants cash. :shrugs:

You said, "Dj needs to milk the GNR name to get some extra $."

But the truth is that he can easily get some extra money WITHOUT the GNR name *at all*, let alone without "milking" it.

So no, he doesn't need to milk the GNR name to get some extra $.

Everything you're saying is irrelevant. I know he can make money without using the GNR name. So can everyone in the band. But the fact is that he does use it. Simple as that really. I'm not sure what your point is.

Edited by Broskirose

Wait, you're willing to say that DJ Ashba has had a successful career but Slash hasn't?

Tee Jay -

I have stated MANY times that Slash has had a level of success many would be jealous of, but nowhere near Axl's level of success, and therefore, there would be no reason for Axl to be jealous.

In recent years, even without GNR, DJ has had more success than Slash.

People need to stop blindly defending whoever they like. Facts are facts. I enjoy the music of all the people we are discussing. All of them are successful. Some more than others.

Can you explain your reasoning for that statement?

Guest Broskirose

Broski -

If you know DJ doesn't need to milk the GNR name to make extra money, then why did you say that DJ needs to milk the GNR name to make extra money? Is it really necessary to lie about him? We understand that you miss Robin Finck. A lot of us miss Robin Finck. It's okay. Life goes on.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I'm not saying he financially needs to do it because he won't be able to support himself otherwise. I mean that he needs to because he's...well, he's Dj. He'll do anything for a quick buck.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Broskirose

The sponsorship seems to be for the band not just Ashba

Yeah but he is by far the most prominent and I believe he has his own seperate sponsorship for himself.

Broski -

So basically you're admitting that due to your irrational hatred of DJ, you've arbitrarily decided that DJ will do anything for a quick buck, even though you've offered nothing to support your premise.

Yes.

Because it's quite obvious Ashba just likes fashion designing and charging top notch for his shitty ass clothing, and he only wears Monster energy drinks because he's only an avid fan. :rolleyes:

Arnold -

What reason do you have to believe that Ashba *doesn't* like fashion designing? There are countless ways to make money in the world. What evidence do you have that Ashba is not interested in fashion and chose to work in fashion for no reason other than making a "quick buck"?

Furthermore, what evidence do you have that Ashba Swag was a quickly profitable venture?

As for the pricing, a pair of shorts on Ashba Swag is $44.95, 25% less than what I typically spend on shorts. What led you to believe Ashba Swag was charging top dollar?

How many items have you ordered from Ashba Swag? If you haven't ordered from Ashba Swag, how can you comment on the quality of the clothing?

Also, what information do you have about Ashba's financial arrangement with Monster Energy? Also, do you happen to know if Monster Energy is a beverage Ashba previously enjoyed? How would you know if he was a fan of the drink or not?

I don't care.

Really of all the things to complain about with DJ, monster energy isn't one of them. A brand sponsoring a tour is hardly unheard of, for all we know he really enjoys it. And as far as the clothing thing, my gripe isn't the fact he does it, but personally it's really ugly clothing I'd never wear. Add that on top of the obnoxious prices (sorry msl, not all of us drop $60 for a pair of shorts though congrats on having that luxury) I'm turned off by the clothing line itself.

But hell, if a product you enjoy wants to sponsor you what's better? It's an energy drink version of sponsoring Ernie ball strings.

Guest Broskirose

Broski -

So basically you're admitting that due to your irrational hatred of DJ, you've arbitrarily decided that DJ will do anything for a quick buck, even though you've offered nothing to support your premise.

Bro, are you kidding me?

Arnold -

If you don't care, you should find things to do with your life other than lying about a band you used to like.

well said msl"..........well said. I think arnold and broski need to have a bad guy or a villian to hate. The tour went really good with no riots or cancellations or anything that ex fans like these crave. So when everything is going pretty well for gnr, they need to create drama somehow and posters like these two have decided that one the best ways to piss off gnr fans is to bash Dj Ashba for everything. Sorry guys you know its true.

Tee Jay -

I agree that complaining about an energy drink sponsorship is pretty silly.

If you think the clothing is ugly, I don't blame ya. Not my thing either. But whether someone like the clothing or not, I assume you would agree that it's pretty silly to say that Ashba's interest in fashion is insincere simply because his tastes differ? So the criticisms for Ashba having a clothing line, to me, are just as goofy as the energy drink complaints.

As for the prices, I'm not saying anyone should spend $45 (or $60) on a pair of shorts. However, certainly you would agree that overpriced or not, $45 is not top dollar for a pair of shorts. Obviously there are many brands that charge more than that.

Also, I would assume Ashba Swag is made in much smaller quantities than a major brand, which means they're paying more for their materials because they wouldn't have much buying power. In addition, without knowing the quality of the clothing, it's hard for me to say if $45 is obnoxious or not for the shorts.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I just don't like the guys style. However are there not a pair of jeans that cost a couple hundred dollars and t shirts for near 50? Thats a bit much imo