Does anyone else think Nevermind was the best album of all time?

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

Saw Iggy live at a festival last summer, had low expectations but he was fucking awesome!

I am a firm believer that attending an Iggy/Stooges gig, if you like rock n roll, it's like the fuckin' sermon at the mount man, Iggy fuckin' converts people!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a firm believer that attending an Iggy/Stooges gig, if you like rock n roll, it's like the fuckin' sermon at the mount man, Iggy fuckin' converts people!

Did I ever happen to mention I was in the middle of this? :lol:

Saw Iggy live at a festival last summer, had low expectations but he was fucking awesome!

Was insane, never seen someone do so much in a 50 minute set by a long way, he was all over the stage, into the crowd, getting people up onstage to sing and dance and I'm not talking about 5/6 people onstage, must have had at least 30 up on stage with him.

I still think one of the greatest things Madonna ever did was having Iggy sing her songs at the Rock Hall. I think they were inducted the next year.

Iggy's too versatile to be "punk rock", most of the most beloved punk rockers aren't. I don't know if there were tours where he was doing more crooning than writhing around.

Guest Len B'stard

Did I ever happen to mention I was in the middle of this? :lol:

No! Fuck man, thats mental, i was watching that on the telly that night. Did i ever happen to mention i was in the middle of this:

The fourth person to go up to Iggy, dressed like something out of the pages of GQ Magazines Autumn Collection is my cousin :lol: This kid came up to me at the gig and went "i know you, you're the bloke off the Sex Pistols DVD" :D

Iggy's too versatile to be "punk rock", most of the most beloved punk rockers aren't. I don't know if there were tours where he was doing more crooning than writhing around.

Around the time The Idiot came out, yeah :) Got a lot of strings to his bow, has ol' Ig'. His last album or last but one was all in french, weren't it? Can't remember the fuckin' name of it now, God, what was it called? Like...Reactionaries in french or something...Reactionaries was it? I really can't remember, i dunno why i said Re, no no, it was Preliminaires or something.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Top 20, no doubt, but it's not close to being the best for me. I think two of Nirvana's albums was better, for example.

So Nirvana have 15% of the top 20 albums of all time? Ah, no. No. Not even close. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is probably only shared by 4-5 people on the planet :thumbsup:

Nirvana is one of my absolute favourite bands. So yes, they do.

GNR has got three albums (if we could Lies as an album) in my top ten. Beatles probably does as well. AC/DC have a few albums in my top 20 as well. That's the beauty of music. It's subjective. :thumbsup:

GNR has got three albums (if we could Lies as an album) in my top ten. Beatles probably does as well. AC/DC have a few albums in my top 20 as well. That's the beauty of music. It's subjective. :thumbsup:

But that's the point, it's your top 20 not THE top 20 as the title says. My point is that nobody's qualified to say what is THE best album of all time whether it's subjective or not. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

But that's the point, it's your top 20 not THE top 20 as the title says. My point is that nobody's qualified to say what is THE best album of all time, unless they're talking about The Stooges Raw Power,whether it's subjective or not. :shrugs:

Agreed!

But that's the point, it's your top 20 not THE top 20 as the title says. My point is that nobody's qualified to say what is THE best album of all time, unless they're talking about The Stooges Raw Power,whether it's subjective or not. :shrugs:

Agreed!

5951461e.jpg

<_<

I swear I prefer Load and ReLoad over Nevermind :lol:

i said lulu was better :scared:

Now you took it too far :lol:

Lulu is as bad as Justin Bieber. Really. Can't get worse than that.

youre quite right i went too far, i take back the lulu > nevermind :takethat:

i will go one step back

st anger > nevermind

Now you might have a point... I do think the title track is better than anything on Nevermind.

Metallica is just overrated they're not bad but massively overrated.

Nevermind is good album with great songs. But the most album of the all time ? Fuck No ! There are even better "grunge" albums as a whole - "Ten", "Dirt", "Superunknown".

It's hard to pick any album as the best of all time, not a big Beatles fan but White Album anyone ? Led Zeppelin II and IV, Exile on Main Street, Blizzard of Ozz, Back In Black, Texas Flood to name a few.

Metallica is just overrated they're not bad but massively overrated.

Nevermind is good album with great songs. But the most album of the all time ? Fuck No ! There are even better "grunge" albums as a whole - "Ten", "Dirt", "Superunknown".

It's hard to pick any album as the best of all time, not a big Beatles fan but White Album anyone ? Led Zeppelin II and IV, Exile on Main Street, Blizzard of Ozz, Back In Black, Texas Flood to name a few.

nirvana has 0 great songs metallica had 4 amazing albums that were monumental and influenced kids starting metal bands for almost 30 years now. who starts a grunge band today?

as for the albums you listed great albums although blizzard of ozz is slightly overrated IMO i has a couple really weak tracks but the great tracks override that for the most part lol

Guest Len B'stard

I could make a good case for The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars at the moment :)

my dad loves that album

You can tell the man from me, he's a fuckin' top lad, God bless him, where the fuck'd you go wrong, eh? :lol: Fuckin' hell, imagine the headstart you get in life having that shit in your own house playing, my parents never even owned a record or tape player or anything, i had to find this shit out for myself!

I could make a good case for The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars at the moment :)

my dad loves that album

You can tell the man from me, he's a fuckin' top lad, God bless him, where the fuck'd you go wrong, eh? :lol: Fuckin' hell, imagine the headstart you get in life having that shit in your own house playing, my parents never even owned a record or tape player or anything, i had to find this shit out for myself!

There's a very good chance that I was watching an impromptu solo set from their bassist a week last Wednesday. :)

Guest Len B'stard

I could make a good case for The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars at the moment

my dad loves that album

You can tell the man from me, he's a fuckin' top lad, God bless him, where the fuck'd you go wrong, eh? Fuckin' hell, imagine the headstart you get in life having that shit in your own house playing, my parents never even owned a record or tape player or anything, i had to find this shit out for myself!

There's a very good chance that I was watching an impromptu solo set from their bassist a week last Wednesday.

What, Bolder, where? And whatcha mean there's a very good chance, were you fuckin' there in spirit or something? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen