Who Do You Think is the Coolest Band Manager?

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

The theory is that there's one behind every great band, Brian Epstein, Andrew Oldham, Kit Lambert & Chris Stamp, Malcolm McLaren, that mental fucker who managed Zep, was it Bryant or something? Or Bernie Rhodes with The Clash...or Leee Childers. Whoose the coolest and why?

Mine, predictably, is Malcolm McLaren, he was smart, he was cheeky, he was intelligent, he was the best mis-manager and shit-stirrer and event creator on earth. I mean seriously, signing outside Buckingham Palace, the boat trip down The Thames during the jubilee, the whole rock n roll swindle notion that he created this band with the express purpose of robbing the establishment blind, it's just such a cheeky little trapdoor "you're a sellout!" "no actually, i'm a charlatan" :lol: The other side of that coin was that it was all that the expense, both financially and in terms of their lives, of the various members of the band. Love him though, he was like a sort of Dickensian villian, a modern day Fagin, love him!

Kit Lambert and Chris Stamp were cool too, this aristocratic Englishman and a cockney spiv, perfect juxtaposition, Chris doing the deals and Kit Lambert advising the band on style and certain artistic elements of the music. It was him that gave Pete the idea to do rock operas.

It appears the age of the maverick manager is gone and it's worth noting that its coincided with a distinct lack of truly important dangerous bands in rock n roll anymore. They all have good business deals set up for them and they make good money but there's no like, grand schemes, no ideas men, no agent provocateurs in the management end anymore.

So yeah, whoose your favorite..and why? Any funny tales to tell, stories of inequity or debauchery.

Edited by sugaraylen

Coolest manager? Why does a manager need to be 'çoolest' in your perception exactly? Is this another topic aiming at Fern ? :D

cheap investigations just cant delicious coolness enuff :D

What is the job of manager according to your expertise and internet perception? :D

Fuck off! <_<

Guest Len B'stard

Coolest manager? Why does a manager need to be 'çoolest' in your perception exactly? Is this another topic aiming at Fern ? :D

What is the job of manager according to your expertise and internet perception? :D

But Johnny dont!!! Oh Johnny, please no! But Johnny NO! I said NO! Please dont! Johnny, please stop, you are hurting me! You brought a lot of drama there yo! I mean I could never top this, even with my name is! LOL Johnny from the Candyshop,listen, stop trying to bootie freestyle my 33 by hitting the disco forum floor with your rocking shakin bootie giving me beats and shit out of the blue, ok? & Fuck your booty drama, Johnny from the world of net trauma (Apologies to any 2Pac & 50c fans, I dont mean to be disrespectful, I am just playing here with Johnny Drama). & I am a girl, wanksta never popped naught so you shut up Sir.

:laugh: When you read back over that, is it as painful for you as it is for me? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Most notorious is Sharon Osbourne's dad.

Malcolm wasn't that great of a manager, more of a self-promoter. It was kind of PT Barnum, but you know that. I think Vivienne Westwood was the breadwinner between the two of them.

Andy Warhol was the manager of the Velvet Underground, so he prob. should get it as far as "cool" goes.

Dylan's manager was good at keeping a lot of Dylan's mystique up, but he wanted to keep him out on the road. Some people think Dylan crashed the bike on purpose for 2 reasons: he wanted to avoid being drafted, and he wanted to get off the road because he was burning out fast.

Peter Grant, Zep's manager, negotiated them to be on Atlantic Records at a time rock bands were on the subsidiary, and venues had to agree to let Led Zep take 90 percent of the profits.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah i forgot all about Warhol, he's definitely up there. He wasn't really a manager even in the haphazard McLaren sense though, was he? They just kinda came out of his Factory scene and he slapped his name on it but i don't think he had any huge involvement although i might be wrong, as much as i love VU i'm not really aware of their 'story' if you like, just of their music.

Peter Grant, thats it, not Bryant, where'd i get Bryant from? He seemed a horrible bastard from the bits i remember of him from The Song Remains the Same.

You really think Dylan crashed his bike on purpose? Could he have even been drafted at that point, that crash was around John Wesley Harding time, was it not?

Edited by sugaraylen

But Johnny dont!!! Oh Johnny, please no! But Johnny NO! I said NO! Please dont! Johnny, please stop, you are hurting me! You brought a lot of drama there yo! I mean I could never top this, even with my name is! LOL Johnny from the Candyshop,listen, stop trying to bootie freestyle my 33 by hitting the disco forum floor with your rocking shakin bootie giving me beats and shit out of the blue, ok? & Fuck your booty drama, Johnny from the world of net trauma (Apologies to any 2Pac & 50c fans, I dont mean to be disrespectful, I am just playing here with Johnny Drama). & I am a girl, wanksta never popped naught so you shut up Sir.

:laugh: When you read back over that, is it as painful for you as it is for me? :lol:

Just so we're clear, I'm a rapist right?

Guest Len B'stard
Just so we're clear, I'm a rapist right?

You're asking me? Clear is the last thing anything in this thread is :lol: Is it just me Johnny, am i the one, or can you not understand a fucking word of what 3stranged is going on about either? When did they start giving fuckin' computers to head-the-balls, eh? :lol: I mean, what is it the fuckin' spaccers day out or what? Or do they send em out to internet forums in the formative stages of their recovery to get a bit of practise? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah i forgot all about Warhol, he's definitely up there. He wasn't really a manager even in the haphazard McLaren sense though, was he? They just kinda came out of his Factory scene and he slapped his name on it but i don't think he had any huge involvement although i might be wrong, as much as i love VU i'm not really aware of their 'story' if you like, just of their music.

Peter Grant, thats it, not Bryant, where'd i get Bryant from? He seemed a horrible bastard from the bits i remember of him from The Song Remains the Same.

You really think Dylan crashed his bike on purpose? Could he have even been drafted at that point, that crash was around John Wesley Harding time, was it not?

Only Bob Dylan knows.

He was mid 20s. I think as a "voice of a generation", he prob. felt a good possibility of being drafted.

Peter Grant was looking out for his guys, and he wasn't above using his size and weight to get his point across. The sad part's that we'd prob. have some really good bootlegs right now, but as it is, there's a lot that were recorded.

Warhol was able to help promote VU, and had them be the music for his light shows and movies.

Now that I am thinking better about it, I wouldn't choose one of the 300 you know. You don't want the rest 299 start complaining and dissing and starting some kind of warzone on the internets :rolleyes:

I would have chosen Achilles as my band manager but he died thousands years ago, and although he is legend and his name will lasted for thousands and thousands of years, and it will continue, I mean imagine being Curt, right? I would personally pierch me through for fucks sake, and anyway , then someone from Hollywood capture a movie etc etc, but I don't think his remains can be found , unlike Jesus, Achilles wasnt that much into metaphorical meaning and euphimism and stuff, and so I don't think I can actually hire him for manager of my band, if I had one Skype Crew: "QUEEN LUCRECIA ALI BABA AND THE SKYPE CREW TERRORISTS FORTY THIEVES!" this statement Charlatan, is way more sirious than the messages Paul Rosenberg (em manager) has on his voicemail I suppose, so you good.

I used to a manager, not a band manager, something similar to it, and every night we drunk a Kool-Aid now? It was the coolest, of all ice cubes machines of the world, and just totally drunk again right now, again, half charlatan half ice cube canibal you know, as I have been contantly on drinkage rumpage but somehow I manage to type, because I dont want to do anything else you see. And this manager I had, but not tour manager, he just couldnt get the fuckin thing. And so, I had this conversation with my father recently and I told him that I would like to have had a band and he said that I cant really do it, because I am not good in history RLMAO

And so ionized rightfully the atmosphere and low wind pressure which gave the undercurrent quite of waves, sporadic here and there, but all in my fuckin face, I mean fuckin really siriously, what was he thinkin? My father has teached me to dance but no, not about bands. I haven't had any fathers like that yet so I cant realy tell you about coolest band manager, sugarhabibi

I am listening to a great song now which originates from Egypt I think, and they got Pyramids there you know. And when someone died they sorda bury them in, right in the fuckin middle and cover them with white linens and shit, and they remain there for thousands and thousands of years! Unlike Achilles and his ptern. He just died in the warzone according to the legend. Poor knife, it must hurt even nowdays. :D

In contrast with Axl's boot which as I have said previously isn't anything unreal been lost in ancient years and stuff like that and so I would teach to anyone mythology you know claiming its history and stuff (just so you get a taste) but not of Axl's boot, no. I think it rightfully belongs to him.

You ever watched read or heard the Snowfuckin white and the 7, where she chokes on the apple and stuff? Well, imagine what would have happened on that beautiful fairy tale if she had a manager and she was in a rock band! Wohaaha! Now imagine if somehow she wasnt really snowfuckincindy rella but lets say Achilles dog who comes from Detroit and serves it to ya in the form of a bite? :D

not very good fairy tale , isnt it?

I would never jump and down pretending I am Achilles 3000 years afterwards by wearing a Snowhite dress with a leash of Odysseas dog singing about Illiad downtown detroit because my manager wants me to, with one or two p in the words rapping, ya know. As if it has one p less or more, you gonna see it in any other different way.

Can I ask? You no like current manager and have ideas, right? N' so U make Q but you never answer, you like my dad :xmasssanta:

What is your insight about managers, please say. Give us an idea, like a slice of it or something, y know. :rofl-lol:

its getting old, man

Now that I am thinking better about it, I wouldn't choose one of the 300 you know. You don't want the rest 299 start complaining and dissing and starting some kind of warzone on the internets :rolleyes:

I would have chosen Achilles as my band manager but he died thousands years ago, and although he is legend and his name will lasted for thousands and thousands of years, and it will continue, I mean imagine being Curt, right? I would personally pierch me through for fucks sake, and anyway , then someone from Hollywood capture a movie etc etc, but I don't think his remains can be found , unlike Jesus, Achilles wasnt that much into metaphorical meaning and euphimism and stuff, and so I don't think I can actually hire him for manager of my band, if I had one Skype Crew: "QUEEN LUCRECIA ALI BABA AND THE SKYPE CREW TERRORISTS FORTY THIEVES!" this statement Charlatan, is way more sirious than the messages Paul Rosenberg (em manager) has on his voicemail I suppose, so you good.

I used to a manager, not a band manager, something similar to it, and every night we drunk a Kool-Aid now? It was the coolest, of all ice cubes machines of the world, and just totally drunk again right now, again, half charlatan half ice cube canibal you know, as I have been contantly on drinkage rumpage but somehow I manage to type, because I dont want to do anything else you see. And this manager I had, but not tour manager, he just couldnt get the fuckin thing. And so, I had this conversation with my father recently and I told him that I would like to have had a band and he said that I cant really do it, because I am not good in history RLMAO

And so ionized rightfully the atmosphere and low wind pressure which gave the undercurrent quite of waves, sporadic here and there, but all in my fuckin face, I mean fuckin really siriously, what was he thinkin? My father has teached me to dance but no, not about bands. I haven't had any fathers like that yet so I cant realy tell you about coolest band manager, sugarhabibi

I am listening to a great song now which originates from Egypt I think, and they got Pyramids there you know. And when someone died they sorda bury them in, right in the fuckin middle and cover them with white linens and shit, and they remain there for thousands and thousands of years! Unlike Achilles and his ptern. He just died in the warzone according to the legend. Poor knife, it must hurt even nowdays. :D

In contrast with Axl's boot which as I have said previously isn't anything unreal been lost in ancient years and stuff like that and so I would teach to anyone mythology you know claiming its history and stuff (just so you get a taste) but not of Axl's boot, no. I think it rightfully belongs to him.

You ever watched read or heard the Snowfuckin white and the 7, where she chokes on the apple and stuff? Well, imagine what would have happened on that beautiful fairy tale if she had a manager and she was in a rock band! Wohaaha! Now imagine if somehow she wasnt really snowfuckincindy rella but lets say Achilles dog who comes from Detroit and serves it to ya in the form of a bite? :D

I would never jump and down pretending I am Achilles 3000 years afterwards by wearing a Snowhite dress with a leash of Odysseas dog singing about Illiad downtown detroit because my manager wants me to, with one or two p in the words rapping, ya know. As if it has one p less or more, you gonna see it in any other different way.

Can I ask? You no like current manager and have ideas, right? N' so U make Q but you never answer, you like my dad :xmasssanta:

What is your insight about managers, please say. Give us an idea, like a slice of it or something, y know. :rofl-lol:

its getting old, man

its beyond getting old

Rod Smallwood.

Nailed it. He is really the 7th member of Maiden.

he is i think martin birch could have been the 8th B)

Caveman is the 9th? And surely Doug Hall is the 10th seeing how dreadful the live sound has been with him gone on this tour... :P

its getting old, man

its beyond getting old

Scientific research has revealed that women need to speak 20,000 words per day and some as many as 30,000, whilst men only speak about 7-10,000 per day, so keep this in mind before being too critical. :lol:

I will listen to rap if I fuckin wanted to. Who the fuck were you, the fuckin' goddamn music police? I accept them the way they are, past or present members because thats who they are. And I might bitch and rant but that has to do being a fan and they are millions out there, go and pick on someone else, online or elsewhere. And so we have to continue live on the same planet! All of us.

I have not being critical. Directly with you. EVER. Unlike you. Not even once, coolest band manager. You might want to take this into your consideration. I didnt have time for your fuckin daily psychodrama causing online turbulence to worry about, so you can create another fuckin buzz and prove what you wanted. Again. Continously for 10 years. You get satisfaction and fullfiment from that kind of shit, to THAT degree? And when I informed, you ignored. OK. And so it turns out that musicians do have a career (and a life) whichever they have chosen this to be. Can I have one too or do you have to run it online first? Again? Is that ok with you? Can we move forward? All that crap doesnt have anything to do with music (or musicians). Thats YOUR fuckin crap and I will GARGLE the fuckin gutter system of Detroit if I fuckin have to, and throw it up in your fuckin face if you continue to pick on me, challenge me and callin me out of whichever the fuckin colour is without really callin me out. You remember my fuckin word, abusive, sadistic, fuckin whore with a soul of a fuckin garbage can! You have destroyed her, stupid ignorant fuckin whore. You throw other emotions there too or.... you choose to be selfish when it only best suits your needs whichever those may have been from time to time? Give me back my 16 fuckin dollars you stupid fuckin bitch and go and say to everyone that my city is whack! (You should kiss Shady Records ass if you wanna know. Literally. I should have let the dmx dogs to bite your ass until its gonna bleed black so you can come back and blame me about it.... ) There is no song or album to explain what you have chosen to be set for me to accomplish and go through so you can achieve your aims and your ill and sick, twisted fucking horseshit out of your fuckin goddamn fuckin skull! And everything was going fine, for you, only, again, up until the point I started to listen to Em. (Hmmmmm, mmmm, yes!) I dont compose or perform music. I cannot speak my mind the way those people can. And so you gonna take this and use it more to your advantage by dissing me, humiliating me and doing bizna. I cant stop you. But remember, that you will never get what you fuckin want no matter what you will fuckin do. I do not advertise cunts, with my pants or my tshirt and there was never a chance that I will join your fuckin crusade online to hurt more fans than you have already been doing and implicate pretty much everything and everyone it could have been implicated, non-stop! And I am not a musician with 30 years knowledge in the music bizna, I am a fuckin fan and so overall, I do think I did really good with whatever has been going on. You were going to ever credit me for that.

I wouldnt expect anything better from '313'. (You were destroying her, stupid fuckin bitch, can you comprehend?) Thats a line you might want to ponder, coolest band manager. You would do anything in your power, to get what you wanted. And you have. You have proven what you wanted, everybody knows from those who needed to know. STOP NOW. STOP!! Turning the whole fuckin online fanbase against me overnight when it was released haha! Feeding from whom...? Hmm... sure. Count me in. CUNT. And the peepees around here, dont get it out of context, we aint talking about somekind of rant posted online, perhaps I could have answered if that was the case. Back then. Not nowdays. Those days are gone. (You gonna sync in ever, cause I was surely out of sync, right? Randomly) What is that you have NOT said about me in those years? What?? Is there anythign you have NOT spewed already? Is there anything left? Continue to reek in your hatred and bitterness, thats what you have been left with.

Manipulate, twist, provoke, invoke and stir up more hatred and enjoy queen marmelade avec portatif for candlelight of my own fuckin shadow to save whatever is that you want to. Thats within your right. Me and all that, are done. Since 2008. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IN ENGLISH? Keep them ghostly, do it with force, you so good you could have been signed to Shady Records, they got some beef there goin on, you know, dead rappers. Stop threating me online with your clever stupid ass comments and topics and bullshit to get what you want, in every single fuckin gnr forum. 5 years afterwards, man whomever believe any of this shit that its really happening!! Fuckin lameness beyond fuckin belief and conception, coolest band manager! Beyond logic, point or any limits, at all whatsoever!! Destroy, manipulate, continue. with force! 10 years constantly, non fuckin stop! I was going to be informed, was I? Do you really fuckin know me cunt? I should have charged you stupid fuckin lame bitch ass, for the fan club service of the choir, do you know that? Who was turning all of those people against everyone and everything, gnr or slash maybe? LOL!!! Are you gonna get a fuckin life motherfucker coolest band manager, fuckin skunk of a clownass? You gonna continue messing with the Em songs online and creating all of those stupid fuckin clips you have been doing legenando? Can you comprehend the extend and degree of your fuckin stupidity and lameness? I havent fuckin seen anything else like this or heard about it before!! I aint going on stage with 500 or 50 000 people performing, I aint a fuckin musician! I am not a fuckin band manager, a reporter or anything like that, I am JUST A FUCKIN FAN!! Unfortunately. What the fuck are you? What are you? Are you fuckin human at all, Chimera?

I was not going to hurt her, stupid hoe. But thats not enough. No matter what I was going to do, it would have NEVER been enough for you to find another fuckin way to do what you always wanted to. Day 1. - What Shady R got locked? Everlasting are YOUR FUCKIN HOLIDAYS in the southern most pleasure Eden of all in your mind as it seems. Let the fans enjoy and start to enjoy it too, coolest band manager - DIE BITCH, IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN DIRT! WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? WOOOHOOOO, THANK U FOR THE GUTTER COMPTON! (I said no more press of that kind or any other, Kim. Stop beefin with me, rock instead. This fuckin decade. DIVORCE. DO YOU EVER GET A FUCKIN DIVORCE IN DETROIT, no?) You got mixed up with the genres there, coolest band manager? You dont know the difference between hip hop and rock? Fanatizing against me online geeks motherfcuker... to that degree. Do you know how much I tried to calm ALL THAT shit down? Do you have any idea what was going on, OVERALL? Do you know what was going to happen if I was all of those things you have been spewing. Stop blaming the fans for your own weakness and retarded fuckin witchcraft of remixed rap rivals bullshit. You are the game. Be that.

Dont forget to quote this post.

(ayyo Compton, leave me alone, please. Please.)

OK seriously Mr. cupcake Fuckass, sir, if you don't put a dick in it real soon, i'll bash your teeth in so hard, your shit will be smiling the next day.

OK seriously Mr. cupcake Fuckass, sir, if you don't put a dick in it real soon, I 'll bash your teeth in so hard, your shit will be smiling the next day.

Do you mean by runnin after me 10 years from now in gnr forums to see if I am posting?

I suggest you put a dick in your own mouth, and bash your own teeth hard and check if your own shit will be smilin the next day, if thats what you wanna do, Johnny Drama.

I like how you go from terrible English combined with shit filled posts straight to concise posts & perfect English.

Clearly not a cupcake...

When I said this:

"Scientific research has revealed that women need to speak 20,000 words per day and some as many as 30,000, whilst men only speak about 7-10,000 per day, so keep this in mind before being too critical."

.......I think I forgot that the scientists were generally referring to harmless banter like: "the neighbours this.....your mother that......I bought this.......then I bought that.........blah, blah, blah". I don't think it was meant to excuse a disgusting, rapacious verbal attack on another forum member who was just expressing their opinion. I think that's kinda against the forum rules. At least what I interpreted of them.