How will CDII MOSTLY sound like?

Cosmo

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully, it will sound like Chinese Democracy scale wise, only with maybe more rockers and a darker tone.

I would be satisfied with that as long as it will mostly feature Bucket, Robin, and Brain.

Edited by Rovim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I personaly hope that CD II will have;

-More rockers % of the album

-More instrumental songs % of the album

-More guitar solos (both shredding like in Riad and classic style like in Maddie) % of the album

What I've heard so far in interviews and rumours, it sounds promising.

Edited by Fin

I'm very curious about the unreleased songs Beltrami worked on, those with orchestral backing (TWAT, Prostitute) that hopefully will have equally impressive solos. Instrumental songs are not for me, though I imagine there will be tracks with an instrumental intro. I personally would love to see more songs in the style of "Oh My God", something with a bit more punch than was on CD.

• Like 1

Not just more rockers, but better quality rockers. While the likes of Scraped and Riad have grown on me, there were times when i ranked them as some of the worst shit GNR have ever recorded. Classic guns were known for their memorable riffs but really great riffs are sorely lacking on CD overall. Buckethead is an absolute riff machine, and in that respect he was sorely underutilised in the making of CD.

I hope that CD II will sound Hard Rock, modern or old, but Hard Rock, i dont like Finck, i dont like Buckethead, i only want simply rocker riffs.

Im sure that CD II has more ballads, ballads is the only songs which i like in CD.

I personaly hope that CD II will have;

-More rockers % of the album

-More instrumental songs % of the album

-More guitar solos (both shredding like in Riad and classic style like in Maddie) % of the album

What I've heard so far in interviews and rumours, it sounds promising.

there are solos in each song of CD !

we are authorized to dream in this topic so I would say :

stuff like CD and SR on one half

songs like ITW, IRS remixed with Star chasing of buckethead, Scraped remixed with Dark paradise of Lana Del Rey

(those remixes were avalaible in a thread a few months ago)

and maybe with lyrics less personal.

Unused Finck/Bucket riffs and solos, with DJ trying to shove his input into every track. I'm not expecting to hear much, if anything from Bumble on the final album. Might still be drum parts from Brain floating around too.

Hoping it's more experimental than CD was, a generic hard rock album would just be a dud in the end. It's definitely time for Axl to let his industrial/nu metal cravings shine, and bring back the ideas he used for tracks like Oh My God.

Edited by Gackt

Songs like Appetite for Destruction with actual production, Goinf Down for example should be a good song.

Fortus, Stinson and Ashba can writte new good rockers songs, and Axl can compose ballads and lyrics.

BBF can write fast solos and heavy guitar parts.

I hope Izzy can helps to compose with the band with some songs and Pitman out of sessions haha.

:axl92::4tus::dj::tommy::bbf:

If we ever get a CDII, tt'll probably be a mix of many of those options, but what do YOU think CDII will MOSTLY sound like, if we ever hear it?

First of all: NOBODY KNOWS what percentage of Finck/Bucket material exists... the main songwriters are not even the guitarist on this band since Axl started the CD saga...

I strongly think a lot of Caram Constanzo/Axl material is on the way... and maybe some more Pitman stuff, THEN Bucket and Finck material

Edited by Crash Diet

Didn't Axl say it was darker and heavier than CD? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought he said this at some point, though who knows if that's what it sounds like these days, or if it even exists for that matter.

I imagine it will contain a mix of rockers/borderline metal tunes and ballads, just like CD. The quality I can't comment on because most likely we will never hear these songs.