How will CDII MOSTLY sound like?

Cosmo

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why don't we just wait n' see?

what's the problem with discussing the possibilities? it's interesting.

on topic: like others have said, there are extremes like going down and silkworms in the same vault. i really have no idea of what to expect. CD disappointed me in almost every aspect. i want a good surprise when/if a new record gets released.

You know that you don't want any "good surprise" ... you are just waiting for the catastrophe :)

To you, a "good surprise" could only happen with a reunion. :)

Why do you say that? Wait... the right question is: Why don't you shut up? My favorite line-up is the 2001-02 one. If the guys from that period are included in CD2 and Axl doesn't screw their work with his maniac style of producing, there's a chance I'll enjoy it.

You are the one showing little faith speaking about a catastrophe. Don't care too much about a reunion. Not with Axl's current voice.

My guess would be CD material touched up by the new guys/mixed with some brand new songs. As far as the style of the record... who knows! each guitar player has said they want to make a more rocking/raw record so... hopefully some of that will shine through. I'm failing to see the point of the poll, where was the option for "Who knows!?" and "Is the CD II release an actual possibility for the next year"

I only hope a ballad with Bucket on them. I like shredding a bit (when used seldomly but tastefully), but not solos that are just piercing notes (like his solo on the Riad demo)

Edited by Mendez

Why do you say that? Wait... the right question is: Why don't you shut up?

I just love the strange way you love me :lol:

If the guys from that period are included in CD2 and Axl doesn't screw their work with his maniac style of producing, there's a chance I'll enjoy it.

Ok ... that's legit ...

You are the one showing little faith speaking about a catastrophe.

I wonder why :lol:

Don't care too much about a reunion. Not with Axl's current voice.

x2

At least we got something in common ... :shrugs:

Why do you say that? Wait... the right question is: Why don't you shut up?

I just love the strange way you love me :lol:

If the guys from that period are included in CD2 and Axl doesn't screw their work with his maniac style of producing, there's a chance I'll enjoy it.

Ok ... that's legit ...

You are the one showing little faith speaking about a catastrophe.

I wonder why :lol:

Don't care too much about a reunion. Not with Axl's current voice.

x2

At least we got something in common ... :shrugs:

Yay! Keep up the good work, I actually liked your post :)

Shit.

My guess it will be as overproduced as CD, but with the good guitar bits dumbed down for and poorly played by Ashba.

My expectations for an album (lol, like it will ever come out at all) have rarely been lower.

Maybe someday we could even be FB friends or something :lol:

Sure. Why not?

Shit.

My guess it will be as overproduced as CD, but with the good guitar bits dumbed down for and poorly played by Ashba.

My expectations for an album (lol, like it will ever come out at all) have rarely been lower.

I'm afraid you're completely spot on. specially the "lol like it will ever come out" part.

I'm guessing Illusions sounding material with a bit of Bumbles unique sound that sneaks in and surprises you ... or atleast we can hope... I just hope there's none of DJ's gothy, emo, dark, bland and simple influence. PLEASE GOD. :scared:

I'm guessing Illusions sounding material with a bit of Bumbles unique sound that sneaks in and surprises you ... or atleast we can hope... I just hope there's none of DJ's gothy, emo, dark, bland and simple influence. PLEASE GOD. :scared:

I think Ashba can write hard rock riffs like as BC or Sixx AM music, and i hope will see it.

Or good hard rock songs like Saints of Los Angeles, a excellent good hard rock album by Motley Crue which Ashba composed with Nikki Sixx.

When Oh My God originally came out I thought it sucked. Fast forward 15 years and I think it's pretty bad ass. That said, I'm sure I'll like whatever would be on the next record at some point. However, I'm not convinced there will be another record. Everyone is jazzed up now that there have been a few quotes about recording etc....how many quotes were there from '99-'08?

Edited by Trin9498

I think Ashba can write hard rock riffs like as BC or Sixx AM music, and i hope will see it.

Or good hard rock songs like Saints of Los Angeles, a excellent good hard rock album by Motley Crue which Ashba composed with Nikki Sixx.

I'm aware of his other work out of GN'R, I used to listen to BC a lot. Can't stand Sixx AM or Motley Crue. I just think all of that work is a little bland in comparison to GN'R. I just don't believe he has it in him to co write Shackler's II, or anything in the league of Estranged. :shrugs:

I'm aware of his other work out of GN'R, I used to listen to BC a lot. Can't stand Sixx AM or Motley Crue. I just think all of that work is a little bland in comparison to GN'R. I just don't believe he has it in him to co write Shackler's II, or anything in the league of Estranged. :shrugs:

I hate Shacklers Revenge becasuse i hate industrial rock, Estranged is a a masterpiece, Axl can write songs like Estranged but the band has different styles of musicians:

Bumblefoot - Alternative

Fortus - all haha

Stinson - Punk

Ashba - the only hard rock musician

Pitman - Industrial

Ferrer - ?

Thats why i have expectations for Ashba, he likes Hard Rock and i miss this style in GnR music, a new Appetite for Destruction will should be a worldwide superhit, i am sure.

I hate Shacklers Revenge becasuse i hate industrial rock, Estranged is a a masterpiece, Axl can write songs like Estranged but the band has different styles of musicians:

Bumblefoot - Alternative

Fortus - all haha

Stinson - Punk

Pitman - Industrial

Ferrer - ?

Thats why i have expectations for Ashba, he likes Hard Rock and i miss this style in GnR music, a new Appetite for Destruction will should be a worldwide superhit, i am sure.

I used SR as an example of straight up hard rock, it's a brilliant song, one of my favourites on CD. Axl can write these beautiful pieces of music but the band around him also need to chip in, and I just personally don't think DJ has what it takes.

Bumblefoot is definitely not alternative, he's progressive, who can play a wide range of different styles, with little effort.

Fortus has a straight up rock vibe.

Stinson.. you say punk which is correct, but listen to Going Down. Stinson leads that song, no way is that punk.

Ashba....... he can play. But too many fills and showing off with extended solo's and that awful tone!! I mean, he screws up Patience almost every gig. Cant even keep in time with that little medley bit in Civil War.

I'm not trying to bully or degrade Ashba, it's just my opinions.

Appetite has had its time. With the time and effort they have put bringing songs like Estranged, Civil War and Yesterdays back in to the set, I'm imagining they enjoy that vibe.

Bumblefoot - Alternative

Fortus - all haha

Stinson - Punk

Pitman - Industrial

Ferrer - ?

I used SR as an example of straight up hard rock, it's a brilliant song, one of my favourites on CD. Axl can write these beautiful pieces of music but the band around him also need to chip in, and I just personally don't think DJ has what it takes.

Bumblefoot is definitely not alternative, he's progressive, who can play a wide range of different styles, with little effort.

Fortus has a straight up rock vibe.

Stinson.. you say punk which is correct, but listen to Going Down. Stinson leads that song, no way is that punk.

Ashba....... he can play. But too many fills and showing off with extended solo's and that awful tone!! I mean, he screws up Patience almost every gig. Cant even keep in time with that little medley bit in Civil War.

I'm not trying to bully or degrade Ashba, it's just my opinions.

Appetite has had its time. With the time and effort they have put bringing songs like Estranged, Civil War and Yesterdays back in to the set, I'm imagining they enjoy that vibe.

You like SR okay, i respect it ;) but i hear the song and it reminds me year 2000 when industrial was in the mainstream, Axl composed with Pitman some songs like Silkworms, i dont like industrial but okay it was the moment. Today is 2014, industrial isnt in mainstream, but Hard Rock bands play hard rock again, for example Van Halen, Dokken, Aerosmith, Scorpions.... hard rock with actual production, why not Guns N Roses?

I think that Going Down will be a hit single in the mainstream radio, it is melodic, is rocker, is simple.

I dont know who composed the song, Stinson sings, but its typical song of Izzy, Izzy composed with Axl...... but if it was a Stinson song its a very surprise for me, it is the song that i like for a GnR. SOD for example is type NR or Estranged, are cool but i miss songs with killer riffs like as My Michelle, Paradise City, Reckless Life or Dont damm me....

I dont know if Bumble can write gnr old sound songs like it, i hope he will can, but it isnt his style, and i think Ashba can write, BC has good hard rock riffs, with Axl and the band it will be a good GnR songs.

It'll sound 5 years too late for being a meaningful device in the grand scheme of this line up as GNR but it'll suit Axl's legacy just fine.

CD had everything (very grandiose and overkilled) but the riffs, it lacked the riffs and one or two aggressive cuts besides title track, Replace Scraped with a rocker and make IRS with more bite, perfect balance.