Top 25 Guns N' Roses songs of all time

Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate section if you wish.

Just over a year ago I conducted this vote on a non-music forum and was pleasantly surprised by some of the results that the vote yielded. The results of the other vote are in the spoiler below and I'm sure will promote interesting discussion about GNR's catalogue. A total of 47 songs each received at least one nomination, with naturally AFD being the strongest album with 9 songs at least receiving a nomination (and 8 of them being included in the top 25). There were also 7 songs off Chinese Democracy that also were nominated, and 3 making the top 25. Perhaps almost most surprisingly is that This I Love received the same amount of nominations as Sweet Child O' Mine did. GN'Rs supposed best song. Anyway, here is the full top 25 to look through

25. Madagascar

24. Move to the City

23. Get in the Ring

22. Dead Horse

21. There Was A Time

20. Bad Obsession

19. Don't Cry

18. It's So Easy

17. This I Love

16. Pretty Tied Up

15. Locomotive

14. Think About You

13. My Michelle

12. Sweet Child O' Mine

11. November Rain

10. Coma

9. Civil War

8. Welcome to the Jungle

7. Patience

6. Estranged

5. Rocket Queen

4. Paradise City

3. You Could Be Mine

2. Mr Brownstone

1. Nightrain

Anyway, I would like to conduct this vote on here and contrast the results of a GNR forum to a non-music forum. To help compare I will keep the same voting structure as we used on the other forum.

Rules

Vote for your favourite top 8 GNR songs in order (from favourite to least favourite) and each place will be given 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 points respectively. You may select any Guns N' Roses song that has a studio version to its name. That includes all the songs off the albums- Appetite, UYI I and II, Lies, Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy and also the songs Sympathy for the Devil and Oh My God. If you select Don't Cry or You're Crazy can you please state which version as to which you're voting for.

Voting will end midnight Sunday 12th August, GMT.

Questions? :devilshades:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't vote for Silkworms? <_<

Very surprised 3 CD songs made the 25, but not Better. That seems to be the one most casual fans love from CD :shrugs:

Mine:

1. Estranged

2. 14 Years

3. This I Love

4. Think About You

5. Rocket Queen

6. Better

7. Shackler's Revenge

8. Nightrain

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. Sweet Child O' Mine

2. It's So Easy

3. Civil War

4. Mr Brownstone

5. Estranged

6. Bad Obsession

7. Double Talkin' Jive

8. Dust N' Bones

Can't vote for Silkworms? <_<

Very surprised 3 CD songs made the 25, but not Better. That seems to be the one most casual fans love from CD :shrugs:

Although I no longer have the whole list to hand I remember Better, Street of Dreams and Chinese Democracy all just missed out on the top 25 by a few votes. For what it's worth the forum is mostly comprised of men so that might have played a factor in the list.

I'm still surprised Get in the Ring made into the 25. Bit of a strange choice when you consider some of the other songs that missed out.

I'm still surprised Get in the Ring made into the 25. Bit of a strange choice when you consider some of the other songs that missed out.

Yeah, me too. I have a vote going for each album over at my forum, and when it comes to UYI II, Get In The Ring is third last, only ranking higher than Shotgun Blues and My World.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Maybe something like this could be done for each album too:

I think it would be cool. The mods would hopefully let such a topic stay in the GNR section even if it was about a real GNR album. It would be interesting to know the average score each album would get.

No particular order:

You Could Be Mine

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

Estranged

Oh My God

Chinese Democracy

Don't Damn Me

Dead Horse

You're Crazy (Lies)

One In A Million

Patience

Locomotive

14 Years

Shackler's Revenge

Prostitute

Coma

Yesterdays

Get In The Ring

Sympathy For The Devil

Think About You

Better

Shadow Of Your Love

Rocket Queen

Human Being

Bad Obsession

I actually made it to 25.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll rank them.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Civil War

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. You're Crazy (Lies)

5. Oh My God

6. One In A Million

7. Prostitute

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Patience

10. Shackler's Revenge

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Estranged

13. Locomotive

14. Better

15. Coma

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Dead Horse

18. Shadow Of Your Love

19. Yesterdays

20. Think About You

21. Get In The Ring

22. 14 Years

23. Rocket Queen

24. Human Being

25. Bad Obsession

Edited by UcudBmine

Vote for your favourite top 8 GNR songs in order (from favourite to least favourite) and each place will be given 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 points respectively.

Like in Formula 1 :D

1. Estranged

2. Coma

3. Paradise City

4. Breakdown

5. Dust N Bones

6. Civil War

7. Rocket Queen

8. Garden of Eden