So does the Vegas "tour" name rule out the possibility of a new song being played?

Cosmo

When they announced 12 tour dates in Vegas I imagined it hard to believe GnR would actually play the same old setlist over and over again in the same city 12 times in a row but... seeing that the event name is "Appetite For Democracy" and looking at the image they posted on their facebook page, it seems like we might be getting the worst case scenario. What do you guys think? Will we see at least a change in the setlist featuring more of those albums?

its always the same shit. the band finishes a long ass tour, they announce new dates months later and were all like, "itd be so stupid for them to play the same shit." yet here we are

examples are after the UAE show in 2010 leading to the start of Rio, the UCAP tour, and the last Euro tour. idk why this would be different but i hope so.

they may still do something cool though like play all of AFD and CHIDEM with November Rain and YCBM thrown in

It'll be the same setlist with Used To Love Her, My Michelle, You're Crazy, etc. alternated in and out of the rotation so that the shows won't all be exactly the same. But the Vegas tour could've been called the "Come watch GNR play brand new songs tour" and I still wouldn't actually believe it until it happens.

there could be alot of guest stars? Alice coopers tour just ended. hint hint... shit they could have all sorts of guest because of TSI? Robin!? i dont know, and i honestly dont care about your guys downer opinion but im acctully excited to see what comes out of these shows. if they do do 12 of the same shows you can talk shit and call me whatever the hell you want. but until it happens, we have no idea what the fuck is gunna happen.

When they announced 12 tour dates in Vegas I imagined it hard to believe GnR would actually play the same old setlist over and over again in the same city 12 times in a row but... seeing that the event name is "Appetite For Democracy" and looking at the image they posted on their facebook page, it seems like we might be getting the worst case scenario. What do you guys think? Will we see at least a change in the setlist featuring more of those albums?

With new crowds every night they can play the same setlist every night. As long as the crowds are happy the band is doing their job. They certainly shouldn't worry about what a few dozen rabid fans on mygnrforum thinks.

That being said, I believe the probability of a new song being played is about as high as for every other tour they have been doing lately, that is less than 50 %. And as I have said before, I believe they will only play a new song when they are getting ready to release a new album. So it might be years until we hear something new.