What's your favourite deodorant?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Obviously stole the idea from the cologne thread.

Here's mine:

200tv6g.jpg

From the left to the right:

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Deo Pour Homme Deo Spray 150ml

David Beckham Signature Deodorant Spray 150ml

Dior Higher Energy Deo Spray 150ml

Yves Rocher Senteur Nature pour Homme Déodorant parfumé 100ml

Björn Borg 6-0 Deodorant Spray 150ml

I use the two to the right in the weekdays and the other three on some more "special" occasions, as they're pretty expensive. The Armani one costs like 35 Dollars, the Beckham one cost like 22 dollars and the Christian Dior one costs like 50 dollars a can. Obviously that's my favourite. The other two are pretty cheap. The Yves Rocher one cost like 11 dollar a can and the Björn Borg one doens't cost more than like 8 dollar.

Guest Len B'stard

Quite frankly i don't really differentiate much, i'll bung any old shit on i mean, it's all deodourant innit, it's designed to smell nice i.e. it's better than BO so y'know, if i'm skint at the time i might just get whatever shit knock off second rate Lynx copy that selling for a pound within arms reach but generally speaking, yeah, just Lynx, don't even really pick a particular one anymore. A long while ago, back when they actually made it i used to use Lynx Inca but since that stopped being about i really don't care, any old Lynx.

I'm not one of those people where, y'know, gimme 4 different scents and ask me to pick one, they usually just all smell nice to me :shrugs:

And i must confess to being one of those people who just sprays a shitload on and i know that irritates some people but fuckin' hell, i'd rather be that cunt with too much deodourant on than that cunt that stinks like a fuckin' goat during mating season....uh, not that i'd know what a goat smells like in mating season...honest :lol:

Well, there was this one once, one summer, over the meadows, Gaby her name was :wub:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

That's the thing though. If you buy an expensive one, you wont sweat for 24 hours and it smells way better than the cheap ones. In my experience some cheap crap like Axe only helps for a few hours unless you take shit loads and if you take shit loads, it's really annoying for others to be around you. I hate people that overdo it with deodorant.

Guest Len B'stard

That's the thing though. If you buy an expensive one, you wont sweat for 24 hours and it smells way better than the cheap ones. In my experience some cheap crap like Axe only helps for a few hours unless you take shit loads and if you take shit loads, it's really annoying for others to be around you. I hate people that overdo it with deodorant.

But thats the beauty of the cheap crap, you spray a fuckin' load on but because it's cheap it strength of it's smell has usually evened out pretty quickly by virtue of it being cheap and hence not doing it's job properly...but because you've sprayed shitloads on you still get a days worth of not smelling like BO out of it :lol:

But actually, you're right because it's a false economy because you spray so much of the shit on you use as much as you would if you just bought the proper one and used it moderately...but a lot of it's to do with money for me.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Well, yeah. I did the same before. Never used shit load, but I used to have a can with me so that I could spray under my arms again mid day. :lol: Thing is that after you've tried a really good one, there's no reason to go back to the cheap crap. It really is worth it to put some extra money to it and get a good result.

I don't mind the cheap stuff like Axe, but in a friggin junior high or high school locker room after gym, it's enough to make you hate it. Every single kid has their own scent of Axe and they're all spraying half the can on at the same time.

I actually don't consider stuff like Axe body spray to be deodorant. I consider deodorant to be more the roll on stuff.

I also don't use spray deodorant.

Also, most of the deodorants give me a rash, so I have to be very picky.

I personally don't get why you would need more than one deodorant. I put Axe stick and it smells ok and keeps me from sweating throughout the whole day, until I take a shower. So I don't get what is the added value of other deodorants except Beckham's name on the label. shrugs.gif

Axe works perfectly for me, and doesn't give me a rash, so I don't see any reason to change.

I have no idea why anyone would waste money on expensive deodorant. Deodorant is there essentially to give you a light smell that really only you should be able to smell. You want others to smell you, you use an eau de parfum/toilette. If you dont wanna get BO or whatever use an anti perspirant/deodorant.

$50 for a fucking can of shit killer? :lol: Fucking hell SS what the fuck? A proper decent anti perspirant is like $5 or something and that's one that will last all day and stop you sweating no bother. Like JD said, if you want to smell like a whore's drawers then you're better off with a cologne of some sort. :shrugs:

$50 for a fucking can of shit killer? :lol: Fucking hell SS what the fuck? A proper decent anti perspirant is like $5 or something and that's one that will last all day and stop you sweating no bother. Like JD said, if you want to smell like a whore's drawers then you're better off with a cologne of some sort. :shrugs:

Fuckin' A bruv! Stinky europeans down now let's go extricate Lenny from your beautiful country! :lol:

Fuckin' A bruv! Stinky europeans down now let's go extricate Lenny from your beautiful country! :lol:

Yeah I didn't know Lynx did a curry flavoured deoderant! :lol:

Is it Lynx for you lot too? All these posh twats on about Axe and what shit and I'm like what you mean Lynx you cocks? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Is it Lynx for you lot too? All these posh twats on about Axe and what shit and I'm like what you mean Lynx you cocks? :lol:

There's Axe over here to but its like a cheap Lynx knock off.

I don't go for fancy deodorant spray. Would rather invest that in a good cologne. I usually just get Old Spice, varying between Pure Sport, Original, Fiji, Swagger, etc. Some of their new scents are nice, and not too overpowering. I don't like antiperspirants -- I feel like our bodies are meant to naturally perspire, and blocking them from doing so seems...unwise?

Lynx Atlantis was my favourite, it was discontinued about 7 years ago. I have one can of it left which I'll probably save until my wedding day or something like that because it smelled fantastic...

Nowadays I tend to use Right Guard.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Because I was in an accident a few years ago and had to stop exercising almost completely after that and ever since I stopped exercising regularly my sweat has smelled awful. It's worth it to buy something that stops it and where the good scent doesn't go away after a few hours.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Because I was in an accident a few years ago and had to stop exercising almost completely after that and ever since that my sweat has smelled awful. It's worth it to buy something that stops it and where the good scent doesn't go away after a few hours.

But wouldn't lack of exercise make you sweat less? :)