"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

why cant we post links?

i didn't realise this was some communist site,,

its the internets baby! WILD FUCKING WEST!

BAN ME, IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS FORUM FUCKERS.. GOODBYE!

I THINK YOU'LL BE OK BUT OTHERWISE CYA LATERS

FUCK! BUT I THINK I WON'T! I'VE GONE DEAF GUYS! WRITE LOUDER, I CAN'T HEAR YA!

Actually laughed out loud.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really get the point of most music videos these days. I don't watch very much (at all!) of mtv, muchmusic, vh1 etc, but it seems like most of the content on all these channels is the reality tv crap and they seem to play virtually none (and very selective when they do) music videos.

So where exactly would they be abe to release a video that would promote the band?

The video lacks any artistry, merely a bunch of edited clips, maybe those into editing would appreciate it. Nothing that I would want to watch more than once anyway.

Including buckethead's stupid outfit, make it look like a halloween video. maybe that was the plan.

Seems more like a promotional video than an actual full-fledged GnR video. I mean, it's basically just a bunch of concert footage sync'd with the song, with some very cool backstage footage thrown in.

I will say this: Axl needs to hire a better graphic designer.

I worked for a record company and now at a radio station.

Positive comments mean jack shit.

The single flopped - meaning it didn't reach any respectable chart, and didn't increase album sales.

because stations were instructed not to play it. You can't play something unless the man tells you to. if you work at a radio station, you know that, and congratulations, you are also part of the problem. What does your station play? Nickelback? Miley Cyrus? Katy Perry?

Pathetic.

Felt cool to see it but to be honest I didn't think it was very good at all

Yeah as a music video, nothing special, i'm kind of glad it wasn't released like I posted earlier.

BUT I do think it shows a real camaraderie between the band, and to anyone who says they're a bunch of hired players, it's not a real band etc. etc. I think a lot of the video disproves that.

GNR really is rock n roll, probably one of the last real rock bands left, even in this form, and I think this video shows it.

Ok then - please explain the never before seen car footage at the start, backstage videos, the bike, Lars, etc. all with the same consistent quality.

Please don't get lost in thought,u will be a stranger there.

:facepalm: this topic.

How would you have anything to say on this subject? You haven't even seen the video.

I compile facts and reach a conclusion,its not that complicated.I bet you could do the same if you tried really hard. :drool:

Ok then - please explain the never before seen car footage at the start, backstage videos, the bike, Lars, etc. all with the same consistent quality.

How would you have anything to say on this subject? You haven't even seen the video.

I compile facts and reach a conclusion,its not that complicated.I bet you could do the same if you tried really hard. :drool:

stfu, you saw the video.

Felt cool to see it but to be honest I didn't think it was very good at all

Yeah as a music video, nothing special, i'm kind of glad it wasn't released like I posted earlier.

BUT I do think it shows a real camaraderie between the band, and to anyone who says they're a bunch of hired players, it's not a real band etc. etc. I think a lot of the video disproves that.

GNR really is rock n roll, probably one of the last real rock bands left, even in this form, and I think this video shows it.

I agree with everything you said except you're glad it wasn't released. Why? it was right along the lines of the Paradise City, Live And Let Die, Dead Horse videos. It was done in that sort of GNR style. So what was the problem with it? it was very GNR to me without all the high budget bullshit.

stfu, you saw the video.

Nope,did not download nor watch any such video yesterday.

Your psychic powers have failed you grasshopper ;)

No way this is real. There was no slide to cover the techno in 2006 Better solo, and no way Axl uses the footage that way. This is file footage put together by some fan who is laughing his ass off right now.

Axl loves to tell stories in videos, there is no way this was gonna be released. I cant beleive this went 28 pages. Cool stuff to see, but this was not an official video on ant sort. :rofl-lol:

It is possible this footage was leaked, but no way was this a cohesive video, we got duped.

whose-line-i-found-a-fuck-you.gif

Very underwhelming...

Honestly, I think I had always expected to to be some sort of a concept video, not some (poorly) meshed together clips from the 2006 tour. If it was released today I don't think it would make any impact.

EXIT LARS was funny though! Plus we got some backstage footage out of it.

BTW; Who was the guy that hugged Axl? Lars?

Edited by KiraMPD

Very underwhelming...

Honestly, I think I had always expected to to be some sort of a concept video, not some (poorly) meshed together clips from the 2006 tour. If it was released today I don't think it would make any impact.

EXIT LARS was funny though! Plus we got some backstage footage out of it.

As far as concept videos, I think you can forget about that as Axl stated in the 2006 Trunk interview, how corny he felt the old videos of that sort were, etc.

Yeah I remember I think it was The announcement about the better video, that there was a scene where Axl embraces Lars , I may be wrong

stfu, you saw the video.

Nope,did not download nor watch any such video yesterday.

Your psychic powers have failed you grasshopper ;)

Good for you then, because it sucks.

Yeah I remember I think it was The announcement about the better video, that there was a scene where Axl embraces Lars , I may be wrong

I'm talking about the bit where Axl is sitting down and a guy basically glomps him (around 00:04:31). Anyway, just saw it in slow-mo and I'm pretty sure it's Lars now.

As far as concept videos, I think you can forget about that as Axl stated in the 2006 Trunk interview, how corny he felt the old videos of that sort were, etc.

But that doesn't mean that he should lay off of concept videos altogether! Plus, at the live shows I think a couple of songs were accompanied by clips of videos on the screens (I distinctly remember one for SOD featuring a blonde girl standing in the middle of a road). I think some songs off of CD could have some great story-based videos.

Edited by KiraMPD

I agree with original post in this thread.

Video is not a legit video for Better.

May be a video crew that former gnr mgt hired to build video for a future video, and then threw together with no gnr approval.....but video wreaks of poor production and lacks any genuine gnr feel.

The only difference between the full video and the Alternate Version is that the Lars clip is missing from the end of the Alternate Version.

Maybe they were waiting for Lars to sign off on the "Exit Lars" clip, and if he didn't, they were going to release the Alternate Version that didn't include it?

yeah, seems like it.