"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

Ok then - please explain the never before seen car footage at the start, backstage videos, the bike, Lars, etc. all with the same consistent quality.

Please don't get lost in thought,u will be a stranger there.

:facepalm: this topic.

How would you have anything to say on this subject? You haven't even seen the video.

Edited by Projected

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be pretty stupid if you watched it asked who's in GNR since all the names were in the video.

that would be ......dizzy reed,chris pitman,robin finck, tommy stinson, richard fortus, bumblefoot, brian manita, frank ferrer, & buckethead.

you will note that ashba is not there, who is in the band and finck, brain and bucket are there who are no longer in the band thats 4 out of 8, half the band.

Ashba had nothing to do with Better and this I'm pretty sure was finished in 2008

Nothing get's by you!

The Original website removed the GNR content, what I saved is:

011509 -

01_brain_cutout_001

02_buckethead_002

03_bumblefoot_001

04_chris_stills_001_v4 - file damaged and not playable

05_frank_001

06_richard_001 - file damaged and not playable

07_robin_tommy_003 - file damaged and not playable

011709 -

brain_cutout_painting_001

brain_cutout_painting_002

121308 -

bandintros001_121308web - file damaged and only partial playable

121408 -

better_online_121408web - file damaged and only partial playable

121508 -

better_online_121508_web - file damaged and only partial playable

Izzy_clips_121508_web

Lars_clips_121508_web

shoulderbaby001_121508web

121608 -

better_000_054_121608web - file damaged and only partial playable

better_105_109_121608web

better_201_209_121608web

better_409_425_121608web - file damaged and only partial playable

better_516_532_121608web - file damaged and only partial playable

better_hula_121608web

better_logo_121608web

new_bumble_graphicweb

sebastian_121608web

suicide_girls_121608web

121708 -

better_000_053_121708web

better_current_121708web - file damaged and only partial playable

better_current_alt_121708web

121808 -

nothing in this folder

121908 -

better_current_121908_web

for_michael -

baby_base_v09.ZTL

baby_rig_current.ma

if somebody could send me the damaged files, that would be great

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

I see no reason to get excited about this leak - the song has been released 4 years ago - 50 % of the members that are shown in there are long gone.

I guess GnR wanted to satisfy the hardcore fans by leaking something "new" - this just shows you that we are nowhere close to getting new songs soon as they would have leaked at least some bits of them instead to create much more excitement.

I can't imagine this video going over well at any point in time. They introduced two keyboard players, two drummers, four guitarists, and a bassist. Plus Axl that's 10 god damn people playing in the band in that video. There is no way that the public is going to accept that.

Why? There's a shitload of violinists and other harpers in an orchestra, but people accept it.

In regard to the original question, I don't think it would've made any difference.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

why cant we post links?

i didn't realise this was some communist site,,

its the internets baby! WILD FUCKING WEST!

BAN ME, IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS FORUM FUCKERS.. GOODBYE!

I THINK YOU'LL BE OK BUT OTHERWISE CYA LATERS

why cant we post links?

i didn't realise this was some communist site,,

its the internets baby! WILD FUCKING WEST!

BAN ME, IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS FORUM FUCKERS.. GOODBYE!

I THINK YOU'LL BE OK BUT OTHERWISE CYA LATERS

FUCK! BUT I THINK I WON'T! I'VE GONE DEAF GUYS! WRITE LOUDER, I CAN'T HEAR YA! Edited by Scumcat Esq.

As I said in the other thread:

I have an instant problem with the Better video, from a marketing point of view.

I essentially think it's a really cool video and you can see it's aimed as an introduction of the "new" Guns n' Roses. I like that idea and I always like video's with live elements like this. It really shows how big this band is and makes them look larger than life. Which is what rockstars are supposed to look like. It's a great way to promote and reestablish yourself.

Which brings me to the problem. It doesn't promote what Guns n' Roses is now. It promotes what Guns n' Roses has been between 2001 and 2010. Which is kind of all over the place. I get that Axl wants to give credit where credit is due (Bucket, Robin, Brain). But as a promoter I'd have a very hard time dealing with this because it showcases something very different from the product (the band) that you're trying to re-establish.

I can see people in suits and offices not wanting to get behind this video.

I think it might have helped CD as well as the band. But it would be very confusing to new fans in the form it's in now.

Think you are right, good post.

I always love live elements in video's as well. It could have been better, but I liked it.

Think it would have helped a little, just because people got to see Axl again and in those days he looked great. But overall not that much.

It probably would have made the song more popular.

I don't think so. If it failed when it hit radio, a video ain't gonna help it.

Didn't fail on radio at all. All I heard in Philly were positive comments from listeners and DJs. Fact is it didn't get the proper push behind it, whether that was due to Azoff, etc., whatever. people liked the song. Stop pushing your agenda and try some truth.

It probably would have made the song more popular.

I don't think so. If it failed when it hit radio, a video ain't gonna help it.

Videos do help, a lot of people discover new songs via youtube etc. In fact, videos killed the radio star.

Radio is dead, but not because of MTV. A lot of times, we don't even see half the videos the artists make. 20 years ago, it was a bigger deal to try to get played on MTV. Now it's a video that has to go viral and get hits, and now you have artists that put out "official lyric videos", if anything, fans are stepping up and making better videos than some bands are doing.

They can help,but most songs we hear on the radio, we usually have to look up whether or not a video's out. People do award shows, concert festivals, and TV appearances when a new album's coming out, and debut a new song from it. And there's nothing new about that when people would tune in to watch Ed Sullivan or any other variety show at the time. Bands don't drop in on MTV because it's a lifestyle network, but some of their other channels air videos, and their website carries videos. People just sign up to their favorite band's official page, Facebook, and Twitter if they want to know when the band's coming out with something, but it's good for established bands more than new ones.