Why has Axl become more open to the media?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I know it's only his second TV appearance but bloody hell you'd never have anticipated all this from Axl Rose just a couple of years ago!

What has changed?

Is it money or maybe Axl is becoming more confident, at peace or mellowing out a little? Regardless, good on him is what I say anyway!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I remember Axl saying in an interview. He didn't avoid the media just wasn't a whore for the limelight and didn't talk w/ them unless he had something to promote.

Maybe he has a lot to say or this could be as simple a contractual obligation to hard rock to promote the Vegas shows. Who knows w/ Axl??

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Just the name Guns N' Roses doesn't draw as big crowds any more, so he has to do something else to get people's attention to go on his concerts.

Promoting something he is happy with, and put out right. I,e the london shows, the vegas shows.

I mean, he has to sell out 12 shows in vages, most people will have to travel there as I imagine most of the audience won't be local. So, he's got to get the message out there I guess.

I think people were anticipating more interviews in 2008, and he did give them, they were just in print & online, that's all.

I think post Rock Hall, people are going to stop asking about reunions, it's at the point where people are interviewing him aren't even considering that question anymore.

I mean, if it did come up, Axl can turn it around on Jimmy and ask him why he doesn't give up being a talk host, and spend the rest of his life joined at the hip with Adam Carolla hoisting beers and watching girls on trampolines. (someone asked who Kimmel was, guess they never saw The Man Show).

And the biggest motormouth in rock, David Lee Roth - how many interviews has he done since being back with Van Halen? Axl's not the only one who shuns the media. He's as "reclusive" as Axl.

I think he's been screwed over so many times that he'd rather not give them the time of day. Also, too many lawsuits have kept him out of the limelight.

I wasn't aware that had happened. Can you share a few of those stories with us? (Times where the media has screwed Axl over).

And how does being in a lawsuit prevent you from doing interviews?

Thanks

This is great news for GnR fans though. It is a great first step.

He is grabbing as much cash as possible.

Yes, like reuniting with that old lineup and being on the cover of every magazine.

He would rather sleep homeless than reunite with Slash so taking that away and that is what you get.

He is grabbing as much cash as possible.

Yes, like reuniting with that old lineup and being on the cover of every magazine.

He would rather sleep homeless than reunite with Slash so taking that away and that is what you get.

Yet none of his decisions -- charity concert, refusal to reunite, refusal to do interviews, lack of promotion -- seems to be spurred from greed and not artistic integrity except from perhaps doing the odd private concert. It is hard to find an active artist who on the surface seems less motivated by money than Axl.