MyGNR's 500 *non-Guns* songs you MUST hear before you die List (read OP before posting)

Towelie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are no songs in classical music.

lol, there are plenty of songs in the so called "classical music", which is by the way, the only genuine music. i would need an essay to explain why "classical" music is the only genuine music, but that's how it is.

Exactly.

I'd make the argument for traditional music before classical music.

lol, there are plenty of songs in the so called "classical music", which is by the way, the only genuine music. i would need an essay to explain why "classical" music is the only genuine music, but that's how it is.

Exactly.

A few examples :

008976661-cecilia-bartoli-italian-songs.jpg

MI0000987475.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I don't call that songs, but aria's/ arietta's.

To me 'classical music' is a different world than nowadays music, partly cause of the much higher level. That's why I can't call it 'songs' and better for another list IMO. But that's not really important. Again just how you look at it.

Already happy to see more people loving classical music. :thumbsup:

Edited by MBRose

Seriously, do you listen to anything but metal?

yes i listen to classic rock, hard rock,classical check out some of my other postings

lynyrd skynyrd

thin lizzy

rainbow

still 250+ songs to go

Edited by bran

Exactly.

A few examples :

008976661-cecilia-bartoli-italian-songs.jpg

MI0000987475.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I don't call that songs, but aria's/ arietta's.

To me 'classical music' is a different world than nowadays music, partly cause of the much higher level. That's why I can't call it 'songs' and better for another list IMO. But that's not really important. Again just how you look at it.

Already happy to see more people loving classical music. :thumbsup:

You don't call that songs but Cecilia Bartoli calls them songs... :shrugs:

You're right about making the distinction between songs and arias. But great composers as Mozart composed several songs :

Mozart composed comparatively few songs (as opposed to arias) - about 30. The best-known is 'Das Veilchen' ('The Violet'). Some others are 'Komm, lieber Mai', 'Das Traumbild', 'An Chloe', and 'Der Zauberer'.

Anyway, let's enjoy music. As long as it's good, nothing else really matters. :thumbsup: