Axl's mic of Rock in Rio 2011

NachoLZ

That mic is special as the performance of Estranged was a big deal for true GnR fans. Yes yes, it was a bad show (which will be snarkily joked about ad nauseum in this thread as per usual), but for the simple fact that Estranged appeared at that show, the mic is speshul.

It's just one of those situations, first we was shocked how he looked at the start, second pissed off no new songs, third his fuck up of nr/patience. Then everyone makes it like an folkllaw incident, so before you know it was the worst performance of all time. I loved Heaven's Door from this show. Some 2002 performances were much worse than this.

It's just one of those situations, first we was shocked how he looked at the start, second pissed off no new songs, third his fuck up of nr/patience. Then everyone makes it like an folkllaw incident, so before you know it was the worst performance of all time. I loved Heaven's Door from this show. Some 2002 performances were much worse than this.

I think that the majority of 2002 preformances (aside from mtv) were pretty good.

Anyway, overall I think that rio 2011 wasn't that bad, people forget that it was down poring and supposedly axl was sick, not to mention it was the first BIG performance for Bumble, frank, and dj with GnR.

The awful sounds that have gone into that thing..

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!

Do you think this is good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZ6RaSNUOk

I think most fans, even Axl's most vehement supporters, acknowledged it wasn't his best gig. I streamed most of it live, and recall being rather disappointed. It was clear that he wasn't prepared, and probably hadn't done any rehearsals with the band beforehand, and the worst part about it - for both GN'R and the fans - was that it was yet another one of his few big chances to reach a large crowd (YouTube featured it as a live stream at the time, and it was viewed by millions of people, I'm sure), and it just plain sucked. So far, "general" audiences have only been exposed to Axl at the VMAs, Axl at Rock in Rio and Axl doing his Mickey Mouse scream at the VMAs in '06 and promising backstage that the album would come out that year, only for it to be delayed again.

It's just kinda shitty how every time he reaches a wide audience, stuff goes wrong. That's why I'm hoping the Kimmel interview goes well.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!

I think most fans, even Axl's most vehement supporters, acknowledged it wasn't his best gig. I streamed most of it live, and recall being rather disappointed. It was clear that he wasn't prepared, and probably hadn't done any rehearsals with the band beforehand, and the worst part about it - for both GN'R and the fans - was that it was yet another one of his few big chances to reach a large crowd (YouTube featured it as a live stream at the time, and it was viewed by millions of people, I'm sure), and it just plain sucked. So far, "general" audiences have only been exposed to Axl at the VMAs, Axl at Rock in Rio and Axl doing his Mickey Mouse scream at the VMAs in '06 and promising backstage that the album would come out that year, only for it to be delayed again.

It's just kinda shitty how every time he reaches a wide audience, stuff goes wrong. That's why I'm hoping the Kimmel interview goes well.

I actually enjoyed it while watching it, particularly Estranged, but upon rewatching it on YouTube, it really sunk in just how awful it was. Even Estranged wasn't that good in retrospect.

I remember that he said "talking to yourself" and i was trying to remember what song it was and then the text "estranged" appeared and i was like ooommgg im watching it live, historical moment lol

Edited by ignaliza

Eh not especially historic. First time the new band played it, yeah. It's a great tune, but not nearly as good as many of their other songs. Would have felt more historic to me if I wasn't already watching the show like you watch a 10-car pile-up. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't...glad they cleaned it up by the time they got to the states.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TMZ6RaSNUOk

WOW. That was even worse than I remember it...

Was this the first performance they had done together in a long time? I thought it was towards the end of the year in between concerts.

Why on earth won't Axl rehearse with the band, he said in the interview this was good but does he really think so? :nervous:

This is terrible, Ron's mask falling down over his face & Axl not even able to pronounce "jungle" as one word - so glad this performance hasn't been repeated & they keep getting better & better as they tour. :thumbsup:

It was a really bad performance,but just like if you have a favorite sport team that blows a game or series etc,should you keep looking back at it dwelling on that performance or get over it and move on and support what the team has done and will do since then.You can find great shows and bad shows from every era of Gnr.I like to concentrate on the performances that show they were and still are the best band in the world imo,with a few glitches here and there. :thumbsup:

Edited by cbgnr

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!

I agree 1000% with everything you just said.

It was a really bad performance,but just like if you have a favorite sport team that blows a game or series etc,should you keep looking back at it dwelling on that performance or get over it and move on and support what the team has done and will do since then.You can find great shows and bad shows from every era of Gnr.I like to concentrate on the performances that show they were and still are the best band in the world imo,with a few glitches here and there. :thumbsup:

It's like your favorite football team playing great during the regular season, winning every game, and then totally shitting the bed in the Superbowl in front of millions. This show was streamed live all over the world. They play great 99 percent of their shows, but it's sad that this (the show getting streamed) was utterly abysmal. I love Axl, I love this band (and I do mean THIS band, with Ron and Dj etc), but that show was a HUGE opportunity to prove themselves to everyone who just remembers 2002. They - Axl specifically - shat the bed horribly.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!

Agreed. That November Rain performance and the whole Rock in Rio 2011 show were utterly awful. :vomit: :vomit: