Official Rap/Hip Hop/R&B thread

SunnyDRE

I see there are some K-Dot fans, GKMC is rap album of the year imo. His earlier stuff is dope too, dude is the real deal:

Ooh, that songs was awesome, never heard it!

GKMC was indeed the best rap album of 2012. Section.80 has some real gems on it. Was it only released as a digital download? I'm glad it's on spotify.

Kendrick played at a festival last May in Sweden which I attended, I had heard The Recipe and liked it but didn't bother to go to his concert. Faaaaaaiiiilll.

Seen this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomkul1fFvw

Ooh, that songs was awesome, never heard it!

GKMC was indeed the best rap album of 2012. Section.80 has some real gems on it. Was it only released as a digital download? I'm glad it's on spotify.

Kendrick played at a festival last May in Sweden which I attended, I had heard The Recipe and liked it but didn't bother to go to his concert. Faaaaaaiiiilll.

Seen this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomkul1fFvw

Backseat Freestyle is hard, one of my favorites.

Section.80 has some real gems on it.

Hii Power is great.

Yes it is. Rigamortus too.

Relapse was the last great rap album. Although G unit are reforming.

Ha, cant mess with your g unit. But Relapse is awesome, so much better than Recovery.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Len B'stard

Papoose finally released his long awaited album this year, been listening to it these last coupla days, it was worth the wait. J Coles album is pretty sick too.

BUMP

Kendrick callin' em out. I like it. Kills the end.

Nice. I thought about new music from Kendrick the other day.

ahh, that was just his verse on some other guys song. Am I slow or is he shitting on loads of guys he's rapped with?

Never liked ASAP's "wild for the night" when I first heard it but last friday when I was walking home from the club it was shuffled and now I love it. rest of his Album is kinda meh though.

Edited by CheapJon

BUMP

Kendrick callin' em out. I like it. Kills the end.

Nice. I thought about new music from Kendrick the other day.

ahh, that was just his verse on some other guys song. Am I slow or is he shitting on loads of guys he's rapped with?

Never liked ASAP's "wild for the night" when I first heard it but last friday when I was walking home from the club it was shuffled and now I love it. rest of his Album is kinda meh though.

I think it's less "shitting on them" and more-so "let's be competitive". Either way rap feuds usually produce some good music. Great verse.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Kendricks problem is he ain't got no personality. The Art of Peer Pressure, really?!?! Is this what passes for subject matter these days?

What happened to Andre 3000? Is he done with the rap game?

I hope so cuz he's fuckin' shit. I heard he was gonna play Jimi Hendrix in some biopic.

Kendricks problem is he ain't got no personality. The Art of Peer Pressure, really?!?! Is this what passes for subject matter these days?

Could you elaborate on that? He has more personality than almost every currently popular rapper which doesn't mean much but, to say he has no personality is really something, and I don't understand how The Art of Peer Pressure helps that argument. I once saw you implying that maybe it's a bit too "bitchy" for a rapper to be talking about peer pressure, is that your problem with it?

Guest Len B'stard

What happened to Andre 3000? Is he done with the rap game?

I hope so cuz he's fuckin' shit. I heard he was gonna play Jimi Hendrix in some biopic.

You don't like Outkast?

I don't, no, i find them boring.

Could you elaborate on that? He has more personality than almost every currently popular rapper which doesn't mean much but, to say he has no personality is really something, and I don't understand how The Art of Peer Pressure helps that argument. I once saw you implying that maybe it's a bit too "bitchy" for a rapper to be talking about peer pressure, is that your problem with it?

Yeah, exactly, bitchy and just generally soft. Hip Hop is supposed to be urban fuckin' music and...he just seems like a thoroughly uninteresting person. More personality than almost any current popular rapper? Check out Papoose, i think he's better lyrically, has a less annoying voice, Kendrick Lamarr is indicative of the brats taking over hip hop. His history isn't interesting, his songs aren't interesting, his style ain't interesting. Don't get me wrong, he's OK, lyrically he's pretty good i just don't think he has any idea what to do with it and I also suspect that even if he did have a good idea of what to do with it there ain't enough to his thing for it to go anywhere.

The Art of Peer Pressure is him rapping from the perspective of a 16 year old kid in L.A. Backstyle Freestyle too, they sort of run in to each other. Maybe not your thing but might explain why you felt it was "bratty". He weaves a story throughout that album that I thought was pretty cool.

The Art of Peer Pressure is him rapping from the perspective of a 16 year old kid in L.A. Backstyle Freestyle too, they sort of run in to each other. Maybe not your thing but might explain why you felt it was "bratty". He weaves a story throughout that album that I thought was pretty cool.

Yeah it's hard to go by GKMC, since the whole album is some 16/17 yr old kid perspective. Though, I think his personality really shines on Madd City the song. He digs in deep on that one. Hiii Power, Keisha's Song, Look Out for Detox, I think those bring his personality out more.

But at the same time I can understand. Nas, who I give all the credit in the world to for his lyrics and flow, I've never thought had much personality. He bores me after awhile. So maybe it's just my west coast/Dre bias, I like Kendrick.