12/9/2012 - Mumbai, India @ MMRDA Grounds / Updates

Silent Jay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another positive review -

Bombay concert is for Freddie: Guns N' Roses

MUMBAI: Over 20,000 Mumbaikars fulfilled their dreams of seeing one of the greatest bands ever in rock music as the iconic Guns N’ Roses led by often troubled frontman Axl Rose gave a high-octane performance at the MMRDA Grounds on Sunday (9 December). The band covered all their hits from their classic albums from ‘Appetite for Destruction’ (1987) to ‘Chinese Democracy’ (2008).

The band opened the show with the title track from ‘Chinese Democracy’ immediately followed by ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ to a roar of approval from the packed venue. The show then set off at a blistering pace to ‘Mr Brownstone’, ‘Estranged’ and ‘Live & Let Die’. They slowed down a bit for the piano and guitar solos that were all performed with aplomb and finesse.

Armed with four guitarists including the bass, keyboardist, percussion and keyboards, and drums, the band had more than adequate firepower to the demands of the songs and expectations of the fans.

The man of the night was Axl Rose, the last remaining member from the original G N’ R- wearing ten gallon hat, Stetsons and bandana in turns with shades- showed why he is considered one of the best singers in the industry by flawlessly delivering his trademark high notes and holding them for as long as it took.

The band’s professionalism showed in the ease that they switched gears- from guitars - and parts in between songs. They posed, strutted and jumped around but never lost their footing.

The crew too seamlessly slid in grand pianos in and out of the stage without ever letting the pace slacken or interrupting the flow.

The highlight of the three-hour show came in the middle when the band belted out ‘You Could Be Mine’, ‘Sweet Child of Mine’ and ‘November Rain’ in quick succession.

Dedicating ‘Knockin on Heaven’s Door’ to the city and late Freddie Mercury (of British rock band Queen) Rose said, “I dedicate the song to India, Mumbai, Bombay and Freddie Mercury. We have been trying to get here for the last 27 years.”

After a brief lull with ‘Patience’ the finished the show with ‘Night Train’, ‘Nice Boys Don’t Play Rock n’ Roll’ and another favourite ‘Paradise City’ which left the audience out of breath and very satisfied.

Edited by The Archer

Estranged.

Ouch. It's really annoying when he does that "silly" voice, especially on November Rain. Here's hoping a break from touring will get his voice back. Good to see everyone having a great time, though, it's a shame India misses out on a lot of these big concerts.

Estranged.

Ouch. It's really annoying when he does that "silly" voice, especially on November Rain. Here's hoping a break from touring will get his voice back. Good to see everyone having a great time, though, it's a shame India misses out on a lot of these big concerts.

yes it is. i hope they tour India again...

07911409342970095967.jpg

afterparty Mumbai Dec 9th

if i am not mistaken she is the famous movie star kangna ranawat. is it me or does it look like Axl is flirting? not that it matters but it just seems that way to me.

God, he isn't looking very healthy. It looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Yep...it seems that Axl is a great fan of Tommy's burgers (see Jimmy Kimmel interview reference) among other disgusting junk food. That and lots of sodas & alcohol and the result is a fat (for his natural slim constitution) unhealthy looking middle-aged man. He could do so much better and look great like Bon Jovi, Eddie Vedder, Sebastian Bach & lots of other rockers of his generation...but at the end of the day it's his own choice.

I'm getting used to Axl looking like this at 50 but like everyone else has been saying he doesn't have to look like warmed over (crap).

Axl should go vegan for 6 months. Work-out. Repeat.

He never had to work on being fit in his heydey. The lifestyle kept him in fighting shape. His lifestlye nowdays seems like it consists of gluttony and overconsumption.

I'm getting used to Axl looking like this at 50 but like everyone else has been saying he doesn't have to look like warmed over (crap).

Axl should go vegan for 6 months. Work-out. Repeat.

He never had to work on being fit in his heydey. The lifestyle kept him in fighting shape. His lifestlye nowdays seems like it consists of gluttony and overconsumption.

The fat comments from rio 2001 made him gain abs by the end of the year. In 2006 he was sporting some ab definition and even took his shirt off. Of course he's gonna age, I think he's just having a lot of fun partying.