Why there may be a new album,but no talk of it.

ronartest2004

I was thinking about this earlier, and I think it could be a possibility that there is a new album in the works but Axl may have told the guys not to say anything...

The main reason being that if there is in fact a new album in the works or already done, Axl may not be ready to release it and he doesn't want the fans and/or media hounding him about a release date or giving him hell about how long CD took to come out.

So he has the approach of if we have no expectations we will be surprised to see a release.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I think it could be a possibility that there is a new album in the works but Axl may have told the guys not to say anything...

The main reason being that if there is in fact a new album in the works or already done, Axl may not be ready to release it and he doesn't want the fans and/or media hounding him about a release date or giving him hell about how long CD took to come out.

So he has the approach of if we have no expectations we will be surprised to see a release.

Possible, but I don't get the impression he told the band not to say anything, if he has hundreds of takes of one song, bits and pieces within those songs to move things around on his laptop, hundreds of variations of guitar solos, maybe he got too bogged down in it.

And I agree about him not setting a date to keep pressure off.

That's not a reason, that's speculation. Big difference.

I think Richard said tour during may, june, july then finish up the album, tour during the fall. In past 2008 Axl said Robin parts on CD II were done. Bumble said the only music he saw coming was 10 years music done by people 5 years out of the band. I think were closer to it. I understand their silence to control any hype. My bet is that theyre in mixing process. Lets say 6 months now. I read mixer wouldnt continue works if they dont pay all the bills unpaid so far. 2014 maximum delay. Im still enjoying last album, its complex, the kind u must let it grow inside of you. Im positive. Next will be much better cuz itll be all new n surprise without leaks n frustrated release dates. Label knows reunion wont happen. They could have a chance playing with Acls frustration the first 10 years of the making. As soon as Axl drops his whole vision till CD III he wont make peace with himself and say "hey I fucking miss my old fellows!" That could happen with Axl at 60's.

trust me...there isnt

Not to say anything? He must have told them to lie, then, because the band members expliticly say again and again that no new album is finished and ready for release.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Well sorry I dont read all at the forum It was never my intention to copy ok! Anyway, shame we dont run the label!

It's fine! I don't think many were willing to read my theory in its entirety anyway. I agree with you by the way, I personally think Axl has adopted a public line of ambiguity in order to suppress expectations/force the media to focus on objectively considering the tours/preventing any potential leaks.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Not to say anything? He must have told them to lie, then, because the band members expliticly say again and again that no new album is finished and ready for release.

Yes, to deny any situations in which the band have been recording. Or to divert the question, reply with ambiguity, state hopes, or as a last resort, flat out lie. It could be more possible that Axl is intent on the release of CD's sequel and only requires contributions from DJ, and is deliberately keeping the other band members out of the loop.

blah blah blah cupcake blah blah blah hater....

dude, fans are frstrated with the lack of new music. if you are ok with the endless touring and negative opinions hurt your feelings so much, why don't you start posting only in HTGTH? nobody will hurt you there.