What is the most iconic image of Axl on stage from the New GNR era?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ebf6e_1217042.jpg

First thing that came to mind for me as well! :lol:

And, truth be told, I believe this is also the one image that most non-GnR fans around the world have seen. Sadly.

This one will go down in history as one of the most popular...it's quite a good shot actually that shows a "back with a vengeance" attitude. It's a shame though about Axl having pilled up the pounds...he'd look just mean and cool otherwise.

I think kBear's is my favorite recent pic. There's been a bunch of pretty good ones though over the last couple of years. I was pretty ambivalent about the braids in 2006 but I find myself kind of missing them. Don't care if they were fake or not, at least he didn't have a hat on ALL the time.

There are some pictures from Tony Trujillo's zenfolio that captured him with great poses on stage. Can't seem to link the individual pictures here, so....

http://tony-trujillo.com/p381941996

Zenfolio doesn't allow visitors to have access to direct links, but you can the direct link via share photo - get embed code - its faster to find the direct link under the bbcode option. make sure to chance the image size before you copy the direct link or the image will be small

Edited by W.Axl.Rose

ebf6e_1217042.jpg

And, truth be told, I believe this is also the one image that most non-GnR fans around the world have seen. Sadly.

This one will go down in history as one of the most popular...it's quite a good shot actually that shows a "back with a vengeance" attitude. It's a shame though about Axl having pilled up the pounds...he'd look just mean and cool otherwise.

Was the fat one from Montreal 2010? he actually didn't look to bad in other photos from that gig

ebf6e_1217042.jpg

Was the fat one from Montreal 2010? he actually didn't look to bad in other photos from that gig

I thought that picture was from the very start of the tour in Asia in December '09 when he showed up pretty heavy. Could be wrong though...

ebf6e_1217042.jpg

Just wondering how come we get to see only this version of Really Fat Axl (the exact same pose)? I had originally thought it was photoshopped as that was the only version lying around but someone pointed in another thread it wasn't altered.

ebf6e_1217042.jpg

Just wondering how come we get to see only this version of Really Fat Axl (the exact same pose)? I had originally thought it was photoshopped as that was the only version lying around but someone pointed in another thread it wasn't altered.

I originally thought it was photoshopped too.

Probably the 2nd one in Randy's original post. I do like this one for his more "recent" look though:

Axl+Rose+Guns+N+Roses+Sebastian+Bach+Perform+4vADvrahuLIl.jpg

tons of makeup here

That or airbrush. His skin looks far more blemished in recent years. Good photo though.

Yeah. Who knows? Tricks of the trade I guess. I do rate it one of the better shots of Axl in the last several years though...