Axl Las Vegas Monitor Mix

tsunta

This is all it takes for you to call it great? He's out of tune every 5 sec..

It's not his worst version - althought I think TIL is horrible live almost every time - but it's definitely not great imo.

I agree, I wouldn't say it's great but it is average.

So, what do you think now?

What show is this from?

Can't you read the title on the youtube vid? :tongue2:

Reading festival in 2010 had some great proshot footage and although it wasn't Axl's finest night vocally it still beat the crap of almost any '11/'12 performance...

I'm guessing that is soundboard audio that has leaked from the upcoming Vegas 3D-DVD release - no way the guitars would be that prominent in a monitor mix.

I agree it's SBD, but I don't think it's properly mixed yet. Sounds more like the in-hosue feed IMO.

For what it's worth, since everyone is weighing in on when they thought it sounded best live, my personal favorite version out of the 5 shows I've seen was Hamilton 2010.

Now to add some spice to the discussion, I dare to say that Axl's rendition of TIL on the otherwise horrendous, shameful, inconspicuous '11 RIR show was actually a lot better than that Vegas performance... Who disagrees? :awesomeface:

Edited by trqster

2012, and still better

Wow. That was pretty bang on incredible. Even in the first on he really nailed it except for one shaky spot. That 2012 is as good as any i've seen.

Rotterdam was a bang on show! very awesome crowd, I had some fun en talks with some girls who went and kept me company :)

they didn't know the new song or at last most of em and I told em everything they had to know. they looked at me singing all the new song along and didn't understand how that was possible. :P