The Axl Rose Asshole/egomaniac Myth debunked

truadmirer

Nobody is suggesting that Axl is perfect, and hasn't made any mistakes. That's simply impossible.

Perfection has nothing to do with being good, good people make mistakes too. How a person responds to their mistakes is whats important. Are they honest? Are they trying to improve? That's what makes one good. It's more about the person's intent.

Axl has admitted any mistakes he's made, and has made real efforts to grow out of it and better himself when he does. Axl's intents are good. That's why so many have described him as having a good heart.

You are completely right that AXL suffered SEVERE abuse growing up. That's where Axl developed his Depressive mood disorder from, and that's something that too many people are much too quick to forget. Axls moodswings are a direct result of his Depressive Disorder. So by labeling Axl an 'Ass' for his mood swings is to attack him for a disorder he can't help. The people that judge him by his mood swings are the REAL a##holes!! Picking on a abuse-derived disability is completely DISGRACEFUL!

Axl's childhood abuse even caused him to stop maturing emotionally at the age of two,

"My growth was stopped at two years old. And when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they're right. There's a screaming two-year-old who's real pissed off and hides and won't show himself that often, even to me. Because I couldn't protect him. And the world didn't protect him. And women didn't protect him and basically thought he should be put out of existence."

All the abuse also caused some issues for Axl, of course since he isn't made of stone, and has in fact even been described as naturally very sensitive, but notice how Axl handles it,

Look at these statements from Axl that TOTALLY CONTRADICT what has been wrongly spread against Axl's character'

How do you stop the cycle?

"I don't know. It's finding some way to break the chain. I'm trying to fix myself and turn around and help others. You can't really save anyone. You can support them, but they have to save themselves. You know, you can live your life the way you have and just accept it, or you can try to change it. My life still has its extremes and ups and downs, but it is a lot better because of this work. I'm very interested in getting involved with child-abuse organizations. There's different methods of working with children, and I want to support the ones that I believe in."

Now that's truly GOOD AT HEART.

tl;dr

Axl is shit and batshit crazy.

I've not seen BBA on here in a while so I'm guessing this is a cupcake thread. If not then .................. I just have no words..............................

This woman is a notorious cupcake. She got deleted on many different forums. Including YouTube. Total nutcase. piep.gif

Oh..and I was thinking it was someone from Team Brazil.....

Crazy fans are worse than haters. Even celebrities hate them.

I don't think axl's egotistical more like selfcenterd. He seems to have some self hatred going on. I remember reading in an interview that he used to cut but then decided it's healthier to smash stuff instead. That's what i call progress.

And if it wasn't for the domestic abuse case i'd probably be a total axl fan. But that's just unforgivable. :no:

I still am an axl fan basically because he's the most interesting character in GNR and probably rock n roll and i like his music alot.

What's the story about kitty litter? :suspicious:

Edited by useyorappetite

Guest bellastar2355

I think with the Kitty Litter, it wasn't a sexual thing. I read that he was drunk and mad, and she needed to go to the bathroom but he made her go in the kitty litter cause he was pissed.

And you're right, he should have never put his hands on a woman, but he's changed. That doesn't excuse what he did but we all do things we regret. He seems like a better person now.

I think with the Kitty Litter, it wasn't a sexual thing. I read that he was drunk and mad, and she needed to go to the bathroom but he made her go in the kitty litter cause he was pissed.

And you're right, he should have never put his hands on a woman, but he's changed. That doesn't excuse what he did but we all do things we regret. He seems like a better person now.

She is stephanie?

are you sure that's a true story?

http://www.ugo.com/m...sic-scandals-42

I was reading about Judas Priest and while going through the list I found that lol

It seems pretty accurate, but he does write that it was from an unconfirmed source

It says they broke up in 2003 instead of 93 so i say bullshit

but it's axl so you never know....

poor guy we can accuse him of anything cause he's nuts....

Edited by useyorappetite
  • Like 1

http://www.ugo.com/m...sic-scandals-42

I was reading about Judas Priest and while going through the list I found that lol

It seems pretty accurate, but he does write that it was from an unconfirmed source

I'm still kind of undecided whether that happened or not, but it's a fun little story nonetheless. Seems to me it'd be more believable during the Erin years. How pissed off do you have to be at someone to make them pee in a cat box?

Fun little story? It's fucking disgusting. And it's things like this that made alot of ppl back then hate the guy. Coming up, my dad hated when I dressed in anyway that resembled axl because of the way he reportedly treated women. Maybe it's not all true. Surely sum of it is tho

• 1 year later...

Most of the stuff said about Axl are lies. There was only one violent relationship. Erin, she was witnessed to be the aggressor in her and Axl's relationship. She has since been arrested for domestic violence, domestic abuse, providing further proof of this. She gave it better than she took it,.

And Stephanie is a liar. She's admitted in interviews that she and Axl never had any physical violence in their relationship, and then went on to say that they never even verbally argued. By all accounts their relationship was non-violent. In the end, when they had a fight, witnesses saw Stephanie initiate the assault by assaulting Axl with a table, and then kicking him in the balls. Axl has maintained he fought in self defense, being he was a rather small guy and not the size of average man, and smaller than Seymour. Real skinny,very feminine looking.

Axl has had many relationships, most w/o violence. And in fact he seemed to have gotten along very well with most of the women, unless the women themselves were violent and otherwise of provocative and of undesirable character.Those 2 women never filed criminal charges on him.

Edited by sl4axl
  • Like 2

I've only been an Axl/GNR fan now for about a year and a half.

I totally came to love and respect everyone in the band, especially Axl. But over time, I have read some comments that has baffled me. I was absolutely flabergasted, Axl's good heart is very easy to see. He is also humble.

I just couldn't see why some negative comments on Axl were being made.

It really doesnt take much to see below the surface to what a really good guy he is.

From the beginning there was a lot of Jealousy against Axl primarily in both the media, and rock industry. Axl has often complained about this. As soon as they saw how successful Axl was with people, and that he had so much power with people, they went on the attack! People would literally riot on a whim over Axl!

He has also said that the more successful he got, the worse it became.

I looked, and tried to see where all of this negativity started :question:!

Would you believe, as hard as it is to believe, that THIS is the very incident where they first labeled the band dangerous, and especially Axl! They even blamed Axl, when he is clearly doing everything he can to help, the very opposite of what was reported in media! :anger:

But why are some people in the public so easily brainwashed?

Axl has made some mistakes, like everyone has, but He is truly a good man deep down that doesn't deserve the negative things said of him.

Why yes, this proves everything. How can we all have been so wrong for so many years,.

Are you trolling or just daft?

I hope the former and fear the latter.

The cupcakes aren't even worth response. Real Brainwork is beyond the cupcake Mental midgets :D .

Any how, for all others, what I'm saying has been brought up by many, including People who actually KNOW Axl. THEY ALL, even including SLASH, Describe Axl as a SWEETHEART, GOOD-HEARTED MAN. Occasional fits and tantrums are not what Axl's like most of the time, they DO NOT DEFINE HIS PERSONALITY.

And, just a reminder, Axl DOES suffer from A Major DEPRESSIVE Disorder, so fits and tantrums are to be expected at times.

Consider this clip from several people who KNOW Axl.

Some People should not allow themselves to be so easily brainwashed and mislead.

Shouting will definitely help your point. Because you're right and everybody else is wrong so your posts simply deserve being larger than everybody else's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Nobody is suggesting that Axl is perfect, and hasn't made any mistakes. That's simply impossible.

Perfection has nothing to do with being good, good people make mistakes too. How a person responds to their mistakes is whats important. Are they honest? Are they trying to improve? That's what makes one good. It's more about the person's intent.

Axl has admitted any mistakes he's made, and has made real efforts to grow out of it and better himself when he does. Axl's intents are good. That's why so many have described him as having a good heart.

You are completely right that AXL suffered SEVERE abuse growing up. That's where Axl developed his Depressive mood disorder from, and that's something that too many people are much too quick to forget. Axls moodswings are a direct result of his Depressive Disorder. So by labeling Axl an 'Ass' for his mood swings is to attack him for a disorder he can't help. The people that judge him by his mood swings are the REAL a##holes!! Picking on a abuse-derived disability is completely DISGRACEFUL!

Axl's childhood abuse even caused him to stop maturing emotionally at the age of two,

"My growth was stopped at two years old. And when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they're right. There's a screaming two-year-old who's real pissed off and hides and won't show himself that often, even to me. Because I couldn't protect him. And the world didn't protect him. And women didn't protect him and basically thought he should be put out of existence."

All the abuse also caused some issues for Axl, of course since he isn't made of stone, and has in fact even been described as naturally very sensitive, but notice how Axl handles it,

Look at these statements from Axl that TOTALLY CONTRADICT what has been wrongly spread against Axl's character'

How do you stop the cycle?

"I don't know. It's finding some way to break the chain. I'm trying to fix myself and turn around and help others. You can't really save anyone. You can support them, but they have to save themselves. You know, you can live your life the way you have and just accept it, or you can try to change it. My life still has its extremes and ups and downs, but it is a lot better because of this work. I'm very interested in getting involved with child-abuse organizations. There's different methods of working with children, and I want to support the ones that I believe in."

Now that's truly GOOD AT HEART.

You post like a 12 year old. Do yourself a favour and stop.

Edited by username

I've only been an Axl/GNR fan now for about a year and a half.

I totally came to love and respect everyone in the band, especially Axl. But over time, I have read some comments that has baffled me. I was absolutely flabergasted, Axl's good heart is very easy to see. He is also humble.

I just couldn't see why some negative comments on Axl were being made.

It really doesnt take much to see below the surface to what a really good guy he is.

From the beginning there was a lot of Jealousy against Axl primarily in both the media, and rock industry. Axl has often complained about this. As soon as they saw how successful Axl was with people, and that he had so much power with people, they went on the attack! People would literally riot on a whim over Axl!

He has also said that the more successful he got, the worse it became.

I looked, and tried to see where all of this negativity started :question:!

Would you believe, as hard as it is to believe, that THIS is the very incident where they first labeled the band dangerous, and especially Axl! They even blamed Axl, when he is clearly doing everything he can to help, the very opposite of what was reported in media! :anger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M125PLevphk

But why are some people in the public so easily brainwashed?

Axl has made some mistakes, like everyone has, but He is truly a good man deep down that doesn't deserve the negative things said of him.

I read about it last Friday.

We all think Axl is a little special. :lol:

Yeah, but he's the smartest tard on the short bus that has been GN'R. :shrugs:

Yeah, I'd say he's probably the smartest in terms of IQ and whatnot, but he's also got a lot of other baggage some of the other guys don't that prevents that from really meaning anything, at least for the last couple decades.

We all think Axl is a little special. :lol:

Yeah, but he's the smartest tard on the short bus that has been GN'R. :shrugs:

Yeah, I'd say he's probably the smartest in terms of IQ and whatnot, but he's also got a lot of other baggage some of the other guys don't that prevents that from really meaning anything, at least for the last couple decades.

Actually, Ron's IQ is a probably a good bit higher than anyone that has ever been in the band, including Axl. Classic lineup Axl wins easily. I don't personally know Axl well enough to comment on his personal baggage or how it effects his daily life. :shrugs:

I wasn't even thinking of the new band. BBF is probably right.

Re: baggage, I'm just looking at what we all know Axl wanted to accomplish, and how far from that accomplishment he landed, and how deluded he must have been to think that he could conduct himself the way he did and still reach his goals. Slash, on the other hand - and I'm really not trying to start a war here because, admittedly, Slash's goals were much more modest - but Slash was able to do whatever the fuck he has done to carve out a nice little niche for himself in contemporary rock, regardless of what we may think of the music he's producing. So that's the kind of stuff I think about when I'm thinking that Axl is probably smarter than Slash. He probably is, and we have to thank that some for what it did in the late 80s and early 90s, but since then? Yuck.

What the fuck are we talking about? Didn't I just make a joke about Axl being special? :lol:

• Like 1

I wasn't even thinking of the new band. BBF is probably right.

Re: baggage, I'm just looking at what we all know Axl wanted to accomplish, and how far from that accomplishment he landed, and how deluded he must have been to think that he could conduct himself the way he did and still reach his goals. Slash, on the other hand - and I'm really not trying to start a war here because, admittedly, Slash's goals were much more modest - but Slash was able to do whatever the fuck he has done to carve out a nice little niche for himself in contemporary rock, regardless of what we may think of the music he's producing. So that's the kind of stuff I think about when I'm thinking that Axl is probably smarter than Slash. He probably is, and we have to thank that some for what it did in the late 80s and early 90s, but since then? Yuck.

What the fuck are we talking about? Didn't I just make a joke about Axl being special? :lol:

I don't thin Slash's goal was to halve his audience in a 2 year period between solo albums, or play small crowds for $15-$20 a ticket, but he is doing what he does; so I wish him all the happiness in the world with it. Axl has only done CD and a bit of pointless touring, so it's kind of hard to judge the whole shitload of nothing he's done otherwise. Maybe he's happy at home with his nannymommy and her truly special children. Who's to say?