The Axl Rose Asshole/egomaniac Myth debunked

truadmirer

again with this bipolar shit? Axl took the time to explain that shit to us in 2008, why do we keep to discussing that shit? We don't believe in the guy who actually it's the only one who can tell us the truth on that kind of info?

Axl ADMITTED he was diagnosed Bipolar/Manic depressive in earlier interviews. But of course you can't stand for the truth to come out so you can keep pointing fingers at Axl for his bipolar symptoms. Blame the disease, not the person.

The truth? If Axl doesn't know the truth then you lost me right there. We have to search the chats from 2008 to shut you fingers? Really?

again with this bipolar shit? Axl took the time to explain that shit to us in 2008, why do we keep to discussing that shit? We don't believe in the guy who actually it's the only one who can tell us the truth on that kind of info?

Axl ADMITTED he was diagnosed Bipolar/Manic depressive in earlier interviews. But of course you can't stand for the truth to come out so you can keep pointing fingers at Axl for his bipolar symptoms. Blame the disease, not the person.

The truth? If Axl doesn't know the truth then you lost me right there. We have to search the chats from 2008 to shut you fingers? Really?

I already looked that up. (Previous page or so...) :shrugs:

Edited by Lio

I don't know Axl personally so I don't feel qualified to make any judgements regarding his character and/or presence (or lack thereof) of mental issues. I do know, from personal experience, that bipolar disorders and mania are frequently misdiagnosed. I was told I was bipolar depressive (as opposed to manic) many years ago. The symptoms emerged after several years of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse. I was medicated for several years, each medication eventually causing worse symptoms than I originally presented with. After several years, many medications, and repeated moments of emotional meltdown, I said "fuck it" and stopped taking anything. It's been almost 8 years since I touched medication and I'm far better than I ever was. I had a temporary, stress related depression that doctors misdiagnosed and fed me meds which made me worse. It was only after someone, a holistic provider, looked at all the facts and said "you know....I think you are depressed BECAUSE of the medication" that we figured out that was the problem. Do I have bad days? Sure, everyone does. But since being OFF medication, I haven't felt the need to swan dive off an overpass like I did WHILE medicated. Sometimes, doctors really are pushing meds to get a bonus. Not saying this is the case with Axl but - it looks really fishy to me that he had the same therapist for so many years, I'm sure making BIG money for her sessions with him, AND she was even featured in the Don't Cry video. Looks to me like someone was using Axl's "bipolar" issues as a cash cow. Now, I'm sure he does have issues but I think if he had real care, he would flourish. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

You sure it's not Warchild?

Can we trade this new alt-account for Volcano?

Mods - Traud has insulted several people in this topic, and is obviously an alt-account who is just trying to piss people off and start arguments. These are the types of posters who need to be banned. People who can't have a reasonable discussion without resorting to name-calling, lies and weirdly twisting the truth around in some creepy obsession with bashing a guitar player who hasn't been in GnR in almost 20 years. Posters like this will run people off.

Edited by Groghan

Perhaps you should PM a mod since you feel so passionately about it.

On topic:

Axl's not an egomaniac. Sure he has a sizable ego, but he can't hold a candle to certain other rockstars (I'm not talking about any ex-GnR member, fyi). Axl is more of an eccentric, mercurial, strong-willed, very particular type of person. The outward result may seem similar to certain egomaniacal things, but it's really just Axl being the fiery ginger that he is. ; )

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Axl's work, but COME ON! It takes listening to only a few of his interviews to see a pattern of general fuck headedness in him. I'm sure he has a real sweet side, but in general, the guy has a while lot of dick coming out of his mouth.

That being said, he wouldn't be nearly as interesting nor would he be half the artist if he wasn't how he is.

Mods - Traud has insulted several people in this topic, and is obviously an alt-account who is just trying to piss people off and start arguments. These are the types of posters who need to be banned. People who can't have a reasonable discussion without resorting to name-calling, lies and weirdly twisting the truth around in some creepy obsession with bashing a guitar player who hasn't been in GnR in almost 20 years. Posters like this will run people off.

Actually, I haven't seen truadmirer calling people any names - I've only seen posts from other people suggesting she undergo psychiatric evaluation, amongst other things. Should I be banning those people for their insults too?

This is her topic, and you don't have to click on it if you don't want to read what's in it. She is making points, posting links and backing up what she has to say. If you disagree with her, debate with her instead of simply saying she is crazy or wrong.

You might not agree with her points, but it is not your role to constantly call people out in topics in this fashion, Groghan. We have discussed it more times than I can count. I really hope this is the last time I have to address this with you - take your own advice and ignore the people you do not wish to engage with.

• Like 3

Just curious, has anyone been swayed by any of the arguments truadmire has made so far?

The only thing I've learned so far is that some women deserve a beating, Axl can't be violent towards women because he can write a killer ballad, and that you can become way too obsessed with someone in a very short period of time.

Anyone else?

• Like 4

It always seems to come down to the same thing.

GNR was a group of young imperfect people, with a lot of responsibility, many decisions to make and got some of them right and some of them wrong.

Actually, I haven't seen truadmirer calling people any names - I've only seen posts from other people suggesting she undergo psychiatric evaluation, amongst other things. Should I be banning those people for their insults too?

This is her topic, and you don't have to click on it if you don't want to read what's in it. She is making points, posting links and backing up what she has to say. If you disagree with her, debate with her instead of simply saying she is crazy or wrong.

You might not agree with her points, but it is not your role to constantly call people out in topics in this fashion, Groghan. We have discussed it more times than I can count. I really hope this is the last time I have to address this with you - take your own advice and ignore the people you do not wish to engage with.

Yeah, something to consider there, Groghan. A hell of lot of your time around here seems to be talking about other posters.

Television Without Pity has a rule. "Don't talk about the boards on the boards." The rationale is that the posters at large are not terribly interested in your personal grudge match.

Not trying to be a dick, just being honest. If the first thing you do each day when you log on is to seek out the posts of the 5 or so people you can't stand, all to resume the argument from the day before and the day before that...you've rather lost your way.

• Like 3

Why do so many fans overanalyze every situation and rumor they hear about the band? I guess the mystique of not really having exact details of why they broke up..

But yeah, Axl's alright. He's human just like us. Not every action he made was perfect and he seemed to give in to stress a good bit of the time but that's life. Everyone has their issues.

WHat we have here is...an emerging Axl nutter... a true defender of the faith..a person who recognizes that Axl is the messiah and will lead the faithful masses back to the promised land. Woe unto you who proclaim to know what Axl himself has openly discussed and addressed.. for you will be severely mistaken in your opinion. let us Pray:

Oh father who art on Stage hollowed by thy scream.. thy deeds be done so we can have fun .. in both realitys and illusionsthat thou has layed out before me. Give us the stregnth to refrain from seeing you as HUMAN and let us not discuss the truths that you so desperately need us to deny. Let us be quick to rip the faces off of those that would detract from your awesomeness even if we have to beg cheat steal and lie. Let us take up your holy cause and banish all things Slash and the past so we MAY find favor in your anger and fury. Let us not whine let us not be disappointed that you no longer speak to us.. no longer write and record music that fills our dismal souls with soothing and provacative purpose. Please oh lord Axl.. let the masses hear your thunderous melody give unto us.. a sign that your still alive. Amen

*this blasphemy was sponsored by End the Spin productions.

axlgod_zps60249d40.jpg

Couldn't resist and have been waiting for the perfect time to use this picture. Thanks!

That's a great photoshopped pic!

OT: Axl is most likely not bi-polar. His early behavior was clearly influenced by substances.

He has a bad past like most people who got out of control in the 80's but he also has a great past.

Happy people focus on the positive aspect of others!