The best performance of Welcome To The Jungle ever

ManetsBR

Definitely not the best but it dosen't deserve the crap people give it. I can't even imagine the anxiety of being out of the spotlight for that many years and having a completely new band perform old songs from a band everybody loved. The crowd is into it.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Say what you want, but this is beyond amazing

So fucking hype, i remember the first time watching it, maybe Axl was not great, but the energy of this lineup was amazing, it is the best Axl comeback show ever, i don't give a shit about Rock Am Ring 2006. BTW kick ass guitar solo.

Edited by Black Roses

Totally agree. Energy was crazy. TWENTY SECOND police siren/locust plague/Axl Rose scream.

One of the best screams ever. The running like a banshee. Our boy was back.

You know this was the first big gig back after like 8 years of nothing. The biggest stage. The biggest pressure. The biggest comeback. And he absolutely nailed it. Look at the crowd. They ADORE him.

This was at like 2 in the morning also. Talk about anticipation. I read Axl - while he was supposed to already be on stage - was in a helicopter just taking it all in before he went on. Holy shit... :)

Some people dont like it because they dont appreciate the context/significance of this show. Other people dont like the new band, Axl's high voice or whatever. Fine by me. I know I watch this gig for a good pick-me-up. Still gives me "the shiver." Yes, It's So Easy is amazing also. As is Nightrain, RQ, and Michelle, among others.

Edited by Eu4ic
  • Like 1

Yeah, he was on a hellicopter. He was late for the show because he wanted to see the Oasis opening act on TV and not onstage as planned. As soon as Oasis finished, a hellicopter from Rock in Rio went there to pick him up. As they got the City of Rock area, when Axl saw the crowd, it amazed him. Then he asked the pilot to stop the helli on air so he could stare a little longer to the crowd, because he couldn't believe how many people came to see him after almost a decade of silence.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

If we`re strictly talking about new era then, Rock Am Ring version is the best by far

Agreed, nothing from nuGn'R beats this one - perfect voice & performance from Axl and the band.

The biggest thing about RIR '01 WTTJ the insane crowd reaction and energy. Axl was also very energetic and intense but his 'clean' voice killed the song.

Edited by trqster

Watch Rock AM Ring, shows what Axl is capable of when regularly practicing in the studio. Wow, a studio like performance aside from a few bum notes. And that intro scream, leaves himself without an iota of oxygen, you can see Tommy react like Damn.

If you had a 2010-2012 version of Bumblefoot (who there looks a bit out of place) and Fortus (who found his groove more recently) that was one hell of a line-up.

Just one example of many. The Rock In Rio 2001 WTTJ performance was very poor. It had that awesome intro scream that was cool, but other then that the performance wasn't even that good, let alone the best imo.

Ding ding, we have a winner.