The best performance of Welcome To The Jungle ever

ManetsBR

The cut version of You're gonna diie he currently uses is so disappointing wheen you remember examples like Rock AM Ring. That said it's either cut version and consistent show or killer version and potentially compromised vocals. He should cut the set to like 12 songs.

Nightrain

Chinese

Shacklers

Brownstone

Sorry

The Blues

Catcher

November Rain

Civil War

Rocket Queen

Paradise City

Encore

Jungle

Estranged

SCOM

Edited by NGOG

I always found '06 a bit boring and when it started going downhill. It was starting to become nostalgia act than artistic endeavor. BH was gone. Brain was bored. Robin trying to be a lead player, looking like Slash/Dimebag even though you know he doesnt like their music. I dunno. Whatever, I'd trade '06 for '11-'12 anyway.

I love '01'-'02 and '10 (yes it was nostalgic then too but Axl ditched the 'rows and had a chip on his shoulder)

Also, geez are people ever going to realize that "technically flawless" does NOT equal "best?"

Edited by Eu4ic

If your answer to this thread is anything but 1988 MTV VMA's, you're wrong.

Gotta agree. That intro with Axl's wind tunnel roar (one of my biggest disappointments with current live Jungle's is that he simply can't do that anymore), and how his spins with the mic stand as the song breaks. Fucking classic.

Welcome To The Jungle from Rock In Rio 2001 is indeed one of my favourite performances of the song ever, the energy is amazing. I always thought that it sounded like that one of the band members was tuned to standard, instead of the usual half a step down (which GN'R use on WTTJ). I think I heard someone else say something along those lines a few years ago, and it really does sound like it, especially after the intro scream when the riff kicks in, sounds like the music is in standard tuning.

Great show, and it's most definitely my favourite GN'R show ever. rock3

Gotta agree. That intro with Axl's wind tunnel roar (one of my biggest disappointments with current live Jungle's is that he simply can't do that anymore), and how his spins with the mic stand as the song breaks. Fucking classic.

He did it at Rose Bar 2010

Welcome To The Jungle from Rock In Rio 2001 is indeed one of my favourite performances of the song ever, the energy is amazing. I always thought that it sounded like that one of the band members was tuned to standard, instead of the usual half a step down (which GN'R use on WTTJ). I think I heard someone else say something along those lines a few years ago, and it really does sound like it, especially after the intro scream when the riff kicks in, sounds like the music is in standard tuning.

Great show, and it's most definitely my favourite GN'R show ever. rock3

My favorite GNR show ever as well.

I was there Rock In Rio 2001

I can t describe in words how special the show was how Intense Jugle was...still the best show i EVER saw in person in my life.

It was a magical night something i would tell to my grandsons one day really.

People can get an ideia from the videos but the VIBE from that night only who was there know .

Edit 1: Remember looking at BucketHead and thinking '' how come AXL goes to Slash to this retard freack show''

3 songs in the set i was like '' He is a retard but he plays like a Motherfucker lol''

Edited by KIKOZ3

Yeah, Rose Bar 2010 is pretty fucking amazing:

Thanks! I didn't remember that intro. Love it when he does that.

Edited by magisme