I would like to issue a challenge to Axl Rose for the Governors Ball Festival

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Dear Axl,

I see plenty of people singing your praises on this very board about how the Chinese Democracy album is amazing and is the very reason why people still come to your shows.

So, I have a challenge for you.

At the Governors Ball Festival where you will headline on June 9th, I would like you to play Chinese Democracy in its entirety. Yes, nothing else besides that entire album.

No solos. No "Sweet Child O' Mine". No "Paradise City".

Just the album that you're so proud of. In its entirety.

The fans will love it, right?

Toodles!

-Freddie

Dear Axl,

I see plenty of people singing your praises on this very board about how the Chinese Democracy album is amazing and is the very reason why people still come to your shows.

At the Governors Ball Festival where you will headline on June 9th, I would like you to play Chinese Democracy in its entirety. Yes, nothing else besides that entire album.

Toodles!

-Freddie

I'm on the fence about this. I'd love to hear nonstop CD. But, the setlist and shows so far for the last three years have rocked.

This isn't some stand alone burger shack on the side of the road somewhere in South America. This is GNF'N Burger King. Axl's going to deliver the flame broiled chart toppers that people have come to expect when they buy a ticket to see Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Everyone that doesn't want GNR to play would make them hate GNR even further. At least if GNR is gonna play, they'll have no choice but to hear Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise City. You play your whole new album that no one in America bought, you make yourself an even further laughingstock than Axl already is. No one in America thats a casual fan wants to hear GNR's new music.

If Beta or Axl answered and said "we'll do it", I'd be booking flights and buying tickets tomorrow.

To see people throw shit at the stage, causing Axl to walk off?

Hipsters would probably rather hear songs they don't know :thumbsup:

Not those songs. And not the way they're performed live these days.

I know and socialize with a number of so-called hipsters. You'd be surprised how many of them like classic GNR. You'd be surprised how many of them have heard CD. You would not be surprised how many of them think it's garbage.

These are people, whatever else you'll say about them, who are knowledgeable about what is happening in music. They know what Axl has become.

Edited by magisme

Nice contribution to the topic.

Be real cool if that happened, think they only played Appetite in full only a few times. Maybe only once?

If Beta or Axl answered and said "we'll do it", I'd be booking flights and buying tickets tomorrow.

To see people throw shit at the stage, causing Axl to walk off?

Dear Axl,

Toodles!

-Freddie

While the band playing Chinese Democracy in its entirety would be fine by me - and I'm sure many other actual fans - you're obviously being sarcastic with your request and know damn well that it isn't realistic. Here's a real quick thought: how bout finding something that you actually like and are interested in and follow and/or type about that. I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain by these smart ass, childish posts aside from a few e-high fives from those who are every bit as ignorant as yourself. I'd like to think that your life isn't so empty that you need something like that to fill the void, but if you do, do those of us a favor who actually like and want to discuss the current band like educated adults and go pollute somewhere else with your failed attempts at being funny. It would be more appreciated than you know.

While the band playing Chinese Democracy in its entirety would be fine by me - and I'm sure many other actual fans - you're obviously being sarcastic with your request and know damn well that it isn't realistic. Here's a real quick thought: how bout finding something that you actually like and are interested in and follow and/or type about that. I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain by these smart ass, childish posts aside from a few e-high fives from those who are every bit as ignorant as yourself. I'd like to think that your life isn't so empty that you need something like that to fill the void, but if you do, do those of us a favor who actually like and want to discuss the current band like educated adults and go pollute somewhere else with your failed attempts at being funny. It would be more appreciated than you know.

If you just copied and pasted the same post every time you felt like going at someone, it would save everyone some time.

This isn't some stand alone burger shack on the side of the road somewhere in South America. This is GNF'N Burger King. Axl's going to deliver the flame broiled chart toppers that people have come to expect when they buy a ticket to see Guns N' Roses.

But they're playing to a bunch of fucking vegan hipsters.