I would like to issue a challenge to Axl Rose for the Governors Ball Festival

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Dear Axl,

I see plenty of people singing your praises on this very board about how the Chinese Democracy album is amazing and is the very reason why people still come to your shows.

So, I have a challenge for you.

At the Governors Ball Festival where you will headline on June 9th, I would like you to play Chinese Democracy in its entirety. Yes, nothing else besides that entire album.

No solos. No "Sweet Child O' Mine". No "Paradise City".

Just the album that you're so proud of. In its entirety.

The fans will love it, right?

Toodles!

-Freddie

Why on earth should GN'R play Chinese Democracy in its entirety just become some fans think it is great? You are deluded.

If Beta or Axl answered and said "we'll do it", I'd be booking flights and buying tickets tomorrow.

To see people throw shit at the stage, causing Axl to walk off?

Hipsters would probably rather hear songs they don't know :thumbsup:

Not those songs. And not the way they're performed live these days.

I know and socialize with a number of so-called hipsters. You'd be surprised how many of them like classic GNR. You'd be surprised how many of them have heard CD. You would not be surprised how many of them think it's garbage.

These are people, whatever else you'll say about them, who are knowledgeable about what is happening in music. They know what Axl has become.

I don't know what a hipster is, but I feel this quote is appropriate to this discussion:

"Music journalists love Elvis Costello and hate me because they look like Elvis Costello" - David Lee Roth

If Beta or Axl answered and said "we'll do it", I'd be booking flights and buying tickets tomorrow.

Not those songs. And not the way they're performed live these days.

I know and socialize with a number of so-called hipsters. You'd be surprised how many of them like classic GNR. You'd be surprised how many of them have heard CD. You would not be surprised how many of them think it's garbage.

These are people, whatever else you'll say about them, who are knowledgeable about what is happening in music. They know what Axl has become.

I don't know what a hipster is, but I feel this quote is appropriate to this discussion:

"Music journalists love Elvis Costello and hate me because they look like Elvis Costello" - David Lee Roth

Awesome quote..but i still love Elvis Costello

They can't play Riad, because of that intro thing. Not sure if they would be able to play it without the intro

Wasn't the lawsuit because of that strange ambient noise in the intro? They have played it without it in Osaka (2002) and House of Blues (2001).

First off- someone from Team Brazil should be plastering Brooklyn with Chuck Klosterman's Chinese Democracy review:

http://www.avclub.co...democracy,2539/

Never gonna play Chinese in it's entirety- but it would be cool if they would do something a little different on account of the somewhat "unique" atmosphere expected at Governors Ball. Some ideas:

1. add "CITR" and "ITW (with an extended band jam)" to the set; and/or

2. call that "favor" in with Neil Young and have him join the band for "Don't Let It Bring You Down" and "Patience" or something; and/or

3. my personal fave- roll out Buckethead and Brain for 2 songs and a funky Bucket solo

ALL 3 together would be kick-ass IMHO.

That said- Wasted is probably right:

Probably just shrug it off, run through the hits and take the money and run.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

I went to a show in 2010 where they did a stretch of 8 songs, 7 of which were CD songs and the other was Live and Let Die. The crowd was asleep by the time that little stretch ended.

That was a terrible idea for Axl to punish the crowd like that. His safest bet is to play 1 to 2 CD songs tops, if any at all.

I remember playing Shackler's for my cousin who was actually the one to buy me UYI 1 and 2... pretty decent GNR fan. And he was like.. what the fuck is this shit!? You're kidding right. My other cousin who was a GNR fan that I took to NYC Hammer Shows, I played him TWAT... and even he was like... eh parts are kinda cool, but this shit is all over the place. I just can't get into it.

Edited by jimb0