Randy Lahey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyonce and Kanye West are superstars.

Gaga isn't imo.

How come?

I see a superstar as someone who has longevity and who is famous because their performance ability etc. which in my opinion, Beyonce and Kanye are. They are guaranteed attention and headlines just for being them.

Gaga is someone who has to try so hard to get any little bit of attention, she was the "Just Dance/Poker Face girl" until she started with the pretentious explanations for everything she did and started dressing like a complete idiot, if it weren't for her attention-seeking antics then she would've faded much sooner. Not to mention the fact that she lost an incredible amount of popularity and relevance after just two years of stardom. She had an extensive promo campaign and even sold "Born This Way" for 99 cents; from that she only managed to sell half of the albums she did in her debut. She's not a superstar, her temporary hype just made it seem that way.

Beyonce and Kanye have been around for more than a decade and can still capture headlines and are the biggest stars at any event, just for being them. They are superstars.

Edited by Deepest Shame

Probably Eminem and Jay-z are both the last superstars. The key is sustainability. Kanye might be the closest, but he'll never touch Em and Jay because he was never as huge as either of them. Kanye has to live with being Jay's little brother, and to quote Jay-z, "Wayne did 'A Milli', 50 did a millie, Ye too But what Em did was silly, the white boy blossomed After Dre endorsed him, his flow on renegade Fucking awesome"

Edit: Just saw Beyonce in this list. Yeah she's definitely a superstar. Jay-z is well known in the U.S., but around the world he's known as Beyonce's husband more than he is for being Jay-z.

Edited by TeeJay410

I'm talking MJ type level. Eminem is the biggest selling artist of the 2000's. I don't think any of the people listed are approaching that level of superstardom. I'll compare it to basketball. From the mid 80's on you have a direct lineage from Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant to LeBron James. Michael Jackson is Jordan, Eminem is Kobe and there is no LeBron yet. Lady Gaga would be a good Dennis Rodman though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm talking MJ type level. Eminem is the biggest selling artist of the 2000's. I don't think any of the people listed are approaching that level of superstardom. I'll compare it to basketball. From the mid 80's on you have a direct lineage from Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant to LeBron James. Michael Jackson is Jordan, Eminem is Kobe and there is no LeBron yet. Lady Gaga would be a good Dennis Rodman though.

In that she broke her dick inside Carmen Elektra?

You are asking the wrong people. Who in the fuck calls eminen feminiem? Or any of this other garbage? Yes, eminen is the most recent superstar. Simple as that and anybody who doesn't spend a shit load of time in one section of a GNR forum would be able to confirm that as a fact.

Leave Slim Anus alone. He doesn't get fucked in his like you do hooray for tolerance!.

Guest Len B'stard

Eminem is the greatest artist of our times out there at the moment making music, full stop. Best fuckin' MC i've ever heard in my life. As far as this superstar thing, i'm suprised no ones mentioned Jay Z, he's gotta be up there, surely. But Eminem weren't real a popstar in the typical sense of the word but fuck me he was selling albums by the truckload around the time of MMLP. But i don't think you could say he was bigger than like, all these popstars runnin' about, it's silly of me really to start citing examples cuz to be honest i don't really know all the in's and outs but, your Gaga's and Justin Beibers and that, they've gotta be outselling him, no? I ain't tellin', i'm askin', aren't they? I know he sells well into the millions, were MMLP like 6 or 8 million albums sold or somethin? But these popstars have gotta be topping that, surely.

Eminem was never as big as Adele in the last two years.

False.

The numbers I saw were Em 3, adele 4m.

I saw My Life and wonder 50 and Em would do a trak with Lord Axl.

Em was still much bigger.

To me. I still dont know who adele is.

You like that one Rick, its your boy!

Eminem is the greatest artist of our times out there at the moment making music, full stop. Best fuckin' MC i've ever heard in my life. As far as this superstar thing, i'm suprised no ones mentioned Jay Z, he's gotta be up there, surely. But Eminem weren't real a popstar in the typical sense of the word but fuck me he was selling albums by the truckload around the time of MMLP. But i don't think you could say he was bigger than like, all these popstars runnin' about, it's silly of me really to start citing examples cuz to be honest i don't really know all the in's and outs but, your Gaga's and Justin Beibers and that, they've gotta be outselling him, no? I ain't tellin', i'm askin', aren't they? I know he sells well into the millions, were MMLP like 6 or 8 million albums sold or somethin? But these popstars have gotta be topping that, surely.

Eminem is/was bigger than all them combined. MMLP and The Eminem Show both sold 10 million each IN THE USA ALONE. Not to mention all the massive singles, 8 Mile, appearances on 2001, The Slim Shady LP and D12

This all plays into my theory that Kurt killed punk and Axl killed rock.

Nobody can be more punk than Kurt.

Nobody can be more rock star than Axl.

Nobody has even tried.

There are plenty more punk and rockstar than Kurt and Axl. Everyone got too soft and stupid, that's why little is being produced.