What do you honestly think would happen if....

OJones90

......Axl and Slash actually met? LIke, accidentally. I'm sure it's come close to happening a lot of times over the years, one that comes to mind is last year or the year before at some German rock festival? Where Slash played the day after GNR if I remember correctly.

I've just been thinking about it after watching some of the London 2010 vids, since Axl supposedly bumped into Duff by accident. Not spoken for 18+ years or something wild like that, then they meet and become friends again with no hard feelings between the two, even getting Duff onstage with them.

Do you think there's a possibility the same thing could happen if Axl was to accidentally bump into Slash somewhere? Or would you expect them to argue, or simply stay out of each other's way?

Personally, despite the lawsuits, silly insults over the years and whatnot, I actually think it would be better than people think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most festivals are pretty big and spread out, and Axl's management prob. made sure they wouldn't run into each other in the hotel or backstage. Axl doesn't seem to hang around other bands, and by the time GNR's on, they're the last show of the night, any band hanging around backstage is prob. drunk off their asses chatting it up with groupies or doing backstage jams, if they're not actually watching the show.

They have nothing to argue about. If they happened to be in the same place and saw each other, I think they'd be polite to each other and talk for a bit, but I think it would be very strained politeness. I mean, it's possible they could be out with friends and go to the same concert, but Slash is usually too busy to go out and see shows on his free time.

No hard feelings? I don't think that's true, but they were able to put their differences behind them.

LA's not a big place, but it's also the type of place where you don't even know who's living next door to you.

I don't think it would erupt into a shouting match or anything, even with the feelings Axl still carries. I'm with dalsh - it'd probably be a friendly handshake or even a hug, with some "forced" politeness but nothing more. Just a "Hey, how are you?" and then moving on.

Duff played with gnr onstage and found a good ending for his (great) book but that was it. He didn't even call axl for HOF did he? These guys are still passive/mildly aggressive and axl still has no desire to work with them i think. The most would be slash coming to a show and him and axl speaking again. Axl still has hard feelings toward slash and i think slash doesn't respect axl so it's not gonna work. That lineup is dead.

I would be surprised if they haven't bumped into each other over the last 2 decades. I might be wrong but LA doesn't seem like the biggest of places especially when you have a certain lifestyle and a lot of mutual acquaintances. I'm sure MSL has suggested that stuff has occurred that we have not been privy to so I think it is certainly realistic that they have met again...and still don't like each other!

Axl is all talk and no action. He'd back down like a puppy. Slash isn't exactly the confrontational type and I think he'd have a bit more respect for himself these days to get involved in some kind of ugly public argument. He has no real reason to either.

Anyway I think it would all depend on the actions of Beta more than anything.

Axl is all talk and no action. He'd back down like a puppy. Slash isn't exactly the confrontational type and I think he'd have a bit more respect for himself these days to get involved in some kind of ugly public argument. He has no real reason to either.

are you kidding? Axl could start a fight in an empty room!

Guest bellastar2355

He has said in an interview that if they see each other, it's not gonna be pretty or something like that and that one of them would die before there is a reunion. I don't think he ever said that about Duff. He really hates Slash ad Beta seems to be a bit of an instigator. So if they do bump into each other, I really doubt it would be nice. Maybe they won't cause a scene, but there will be tension.

Also, he says he feels the meeting with Duff was no coincidence. Who knows.

are you kidding? Axl could start a fight in an empty room!

Depends on what you mean by a fight? I don't consider him squaring up to Tommy Hilfiger or bitchslapping a paparazzi as anything other than laughable.

What other incidents are there hmmmm biting a security guards ankle in Sweden. Is that a UFC move?

Punching a promoter in Ireland? Guy punched Axl back and made him go onstage.

Yeah that showed those people what a hard man he is :lol:

So no scene means axl's a pussy and slash is not the confrontational type that respects himself ? Did you read this before posting?

Edited by useyorappetite

Axl has all these minions, all these dicksuckers like fernado, del and beta, which would shield him from such an event.

Exactly.

It has long been in team Brazil's financial interests to make sure Axl/Slash never got anywhere near eachother or ever reconciled, because a re-united GNR wouldn't have the housekeeper and her spawn managing the band.

The more isolated and paranoid they have made him over the years, the more beneficial it has been financially to the Lebis bottom line. They have been wildly successful at leveraging their personal relationship with him into a financial windfall for the family, and they aren't about to ever let that be put in jeopardy by Axl coming out of the dark ages they put him in.