Do you think Axl should have kept his appearance similar to that of 2006?

Guest NGOG

There are some similarities between Axl's current appearance and back then, in 2006. He maintains a taste for jewellry and fondness of certain branded shoes. However, since 2006 he now has untied hair, a handlebar moustache, glitzy coats, numerous fedora/western hats, baggy t-shirts and an intensified display of jewellry. He also uses make-ups such as eyeliner. I understand Axl is now over 50 but he could also do with a personal trainer to achieve better shape, if not the same physique of '06.

On the then World Tour of 2006, Axl developed a badass cornrow to deal with his assumed hair problems. He had a personal trainer that allowed him to achieve immense shape. He kept a simplistic fashion of well fitted t-shirts and shirts and didn't overdo the jewellry. He had weaker facial hair. He simply danced and looked more like a rockstar.

axl-rose-200.jpg

Naaah... this hair ruins everything XD

The '06 braids were killer, a perfect solution to the rumoured hair problems. The 'natural' hair he has now is lifeless, unnatural almost. But it's the fanbase that are to blame, it cried for waves and bandana when Axl looked his best since Illusions.

the biggest difference between now and '06 is weight. The braids were awful but he looked so much better in '06 cause he looked healthier.

Also not every man over 50 can be expected to look like george clooney. Now what Axl can control is his clothing and facial hair, which is an entirely different story...

the biggest difference between now and '06 is weight. The braids were awful but he looked so much better in '06 cause he looked healthier.

Also not every man over 50 can be expected to look like george clooney. Now what Axl can control is his clothing and facial hair, which is an entirely different story...

George Clooney looks awfully like an old man, I know thousands of 50 year people with better look than him

I think 01 was his best look since the illusions.

The difference between 02 axl and 06 axl was the clotches I think. He wasn't wearing baggy jerseys and gym pants that made him look like a rapper. He was wearing more mature clothes. He also had the goatee which made him look like less of a rapper. There was picture of him somewhere from between 2003-2005 where he had the long braids down and a goatee and he looked fine.

2010 with a bandana. When he brushes it and shit a lot like today it looks all poofy and ridiculous.

That said, 2006 wasnt that bad. He looked overall better. Got a lil crazy with the botox though. Looked gaunt as a muh fukka.

Edited by Eu4ic

He's likely had a transplant job where they extract hair follicles from the back of your head/neck and splice them onto the top/hairline to fill it out a bit, so he has to blow-dry/poof it out to make it look fuller.

I really loved the look of the semi-braided early 2002 weave he wore but it'd be a nightmare to tour in one.

Axl's hair looks just fine when he wears just a bandana. Problem is when he adds the fedoras it gets fucking weird not to mention the biker's stache that looks just gay and ridiculous.

He should just grow a beard or shave clean and get rid of the fedoras! He'd look better and even more important recognisable to the old fans.

Naaah... this hair ruins everything XD

The '06 braids were killer, a perfect solution to the rumoured hair problems. The 'natural' hair he has now is lifeless, unnatural almost. But it's the fanbase that are to blame, it cried for waves and bandana when Axl looked his best since Illusions.

Don't get me wrong, but i think those braids were ugly as fuck :rofl-lol: