Dizzy/BBF hot sauce discussion thread

Randy Lahey

I think Axl should wait until the rest of the guys who want to put out hot sauce have a chance to put theirs out first. That way he can get a good lay of the land before his hot sauce erupts like a burst appendix.

Edited by Randy Lahey

This thread is so much more interesting than a thread with the old manager who had a huge role in the band coming up talking in detail about the first 5 years of the band. A discussion on hot sauces gets privilege. This forum is just the best!

Exactly.

You guys not happy? You know what to do.

You know what to do too, but I don't see you posting a lot on HTGTH.

This thread is so much more interesting than a thread with the old manager who had a huge role in the band coming up talking in detail about the first 5 years of the band. A discussion on hot sauces gets privilege. This forum is just the best!

Exactly.

It got moved to the classic GnR section. I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Seems a bit melodramatic to me.

Would it make you guys feel better if they relabled this section "nuGuns discussion"?

No, I think we just should combine the sections. It makes no sense that a topic like Niven's interview, with loads of new insights we had no knowledge to prior, or any topic regarding the people who established the name with Axl and breathe life into the careers of the nu guys, gets the shit end of the stick and sent to the basement of the forum where nobody visits. And here we are. The main discussion of the board, talking about hot sauce endorsements and the housekeeper's birthday, but God forbid we talk talk about the people these guys are riding, which is really their sole purpose nowadays.. The nu band just doesn't do anything really worth discussing in their own separate board anymore. They are not Van Hagar, and they never will be. Other sites do it, and it really doesn't add anymore fighting than it does having them separated. Nearly every thread turns into that anyways. Even MSL doesn't separate discussion.

It also hurts the "GNR" is the same "band" it's always been arguments, when you create a dividing line separating old and nu. It's just asinine at this point. I think the only thing we should keep in separate sections are their side/solo projects. (VR, Sixx: AM, Loaded, Bumble's shit, etc.)

Edited by Bobbo

If I bought a bottle I'd probably buy 2 and save one for absolutely no reason at all. So I'm thinking Bumblefoot has the coolest ones but I'm not quite sure what the other's look like. Do you think Tommy has his own Hot Sauce but is not releasing it for some reason? Do you think it will ever come out?

All band members really need to get together as a group, in the kitchen, and bring their own individual talents to the pot to come up with a truly killer, Hall of Fame level hot sauce.

Problem is, Axl won't allow it because he feels his is far superior. But at the same time he's too insecure to let anyone taste it.

So basically, you're still disgruntled about the name? Axl's gonna keep using it, you know that right?

I say relabel this section the nuGuns section, to distinguish it clearly. Even though that's what it is, you guys seem emotionally traumatized about it being called Guns n Roses Discussion.

I think the real reason Randy is so disgruntled is because he knows his thread won't be as popular in the original Guns section. And why is that? It seems to me that should be the hottest section of the site.

If the admins combine the Guns sections into one, I'll be fine with that. But until then, I fully support them enforcing the rules on the books. There's a classic Guns section for a reason, and that reason is to discuss classic Guns. It's not some oppressive unfair moderating that his thread got moved. It's the mods trying to prevent their section titles from becoming meaningless.

But of course the right way to go about it would be to start polls, put something in your sig like "combine all gnr sections!", and spread the word. No, instead people want to pretend they're fighting for some noble cause by purposely eschewing the sections of the site. If Randy doesn't like the organizational structure, he can go back to gnfnr, where he belongs anyway.

Edited by metaforcesaber

All band members really need to get together as a group, in the kitchen, and bring their own individual talents to the pot to come up with a truly killer, Hall of Fame level hot sauce.

Problem is, Axl won't allow it because he feels his is far superior. But at the same time he's too insecure to let anyone taste it.

Actually Slash tried it when he went to Axl's house that night. He tried Beta's hot sauce as well.

It's not so much about being butthurt about the name, as it is about it being asinine for us to still be pretending the naked emperor still has clothes. I think we're well past that point now. The main section of the site, and we can't talk about a hard hitting interview. Naw, hot sauces and the housekeeper's birthday is where it's at. As for why people don't post there as much; only so much you can talk about when it comes to ancient history I guess. :shrugs:

Again, it also affects what Axl's doing with the name (which is continuing "GNR" as one entity) by creating a dividing line between old and nu, and creates even more hostility.

There is absolutely no reason for that thread, to be moved away from this board. End of story. As certain people never tire of repeating, it's all "Guns n' Roses", right? If you have a problem with that, take it up with Axl.

Edited by axlsalinger