March 20th, 2013 - Brisbane, Australia

highvoltage

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's a bit out of focus guys, I just discovered my camera's exposure settings were a bit fucked last night. That didn't mix well with the lighting.

You'll see what I mean by Angry throwing Axl off a bit at the start, but it gets a lot better pretty quickly!

Watch it in HD, sounds a lot better. Will upload Paradise City later... it's a bit big, but it looks a lot better at least. :)

Probably the worst version I've heard of this song. Compare this with Tokyo 2009 (where his voice wasn't good also) and it's almost funny to see how bad he is nowadays.

So this is the worst version, 2009 he couldn't sing it either. Yet he's walking away with millions of dollars and millions of people who want to meet him while you're..........well busking this song in the street & sounding fantastic. Right?

How old are you ? Seriously. I've been to this tour twice. I think I've earned the right to talk my piece. It's nowhere as good as 2009, and he wasn't in top form. Just listen to this:

Look. This is a matter of opinion. I listened to the Brisbane version and thought it sounded great and I was happy for a moment that Axl seem to get better this year compared to last year. Then you and a couple of others just spill a lot of negative crap over it.

This is a fan forum and when you are about to say something like that just think twice before posting. You're ruining it for the rest of us. I'm an Axl fan more than anything and that's why I care about this band even though he is the only member left. If you think it's funny that some of us think Axl still does some (not always) awesome performances and if you have a problem with that, I think you should leave us alone.

Thank you.

Try harder. I can speak my two cents whenever I want. If you gotta a problem with my opinions, you're the one who should leave. I'm not the one bashing. I'm not the one talking shit about his family. I'm just giving my honest opinion about what I see/hear.

Sorry it's a bit out of focus guys, I just discovered my camera's exposure settings were a bit fucked last night. That didn't mix well with the lighting.

You'll see what I mean by Angry throwing Axl off a bit at the start, but it gets a lot better pretty quickly!

Watch it in HD, sounds a lot better. Will upload Paradise City later... it's a bit big, but it looks a lot better at least. :)

Probably the worst version I've heard of this song. Compare this with Tokyo 2009 (where his voice wasn't good also) and it's almost funny to see how bad he is nowadays.

So this is the worst version, 2009 he couldn't sing it either. Yet he's walking away with millions of dollars and millions of people who want to meet him while you're..........well busking this song in the street & sounding fantastic. Right?

How old are you ? Seriously. I've been to this tour twice. I think I've earned the right to talk my piece. It's nowhere as good as 2009, and he wasn't in top form. Just listen to this:

Look. This is a matter of opinion. I listened to the Brisbane version and thought it sounded great and I was happy for a moment that Axl seem to get better this year compared to last year. Then you and a couple of others just spill a lot of negative crap over it.

This is a fan forum and when you are about to say something like that just think twice before posting. You're ruining it for the rest of us. I'm an Axl fan more than anything and that's why I care about this band even though he is the only member left. If you think it's funny that some of us think Axl still does some (not always) awesome performances and if you have a problem with that, I think you should leave us alone.

Thank you.

Try harder. I can speak my two cents whenever I want. If you gotta a problem with my opinions, you're the one who should leave. I'm not the one bashing. I'm not the one talking shit about his family. I'm just giving my honest opinion about what I see/hear.

Haha, ok. What a loser. I truly feel sorry for you. You must be a very sad person.

Thank you.

Haha, ok. What a loser. I truly feel sorry for you. You must be a very sad person.

Yeah. I'm so freaking sad that my day is lost when someone attacks my idol. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Guest Gunns

I was talking to Jarmo about this in Melbourne, you really can't compare the sound of Axl's voice from youtube clips. I know the shoestring argument is 'well look at 2010 on youtube' yes his voice is different from 2010, but two things are worth noting. He CAN still do rasp when he wants to (just doesn't do it as much as 2010) and there is still a lot of strength to his voice.

Edited by Gunns

I was at Sydney 2010 and Brisbane the other day. I would say Brisbane was better overall. To me its not just the voice. Its the energy. And axl and band was on fire more so than Sydney the whole band was having a heap of fun. I'm not a rasp yes or no fan. I can just say that he still does have a strong voice and that all that matters

Glad to hear everyone had a great time at the Brisbane show. :thumbsup:

All in all a great tour, the guys appeared to have a good time and my general impression was it was a positive experience for everyone. Hopefully this means they will be back on our shores again. :)

If anyone has any complaints they are basically really fucking hard to please. If they want to critique them for anything, particularly sound, maybe they would be better attending their local symphony orchestra recitals. I heard they get their sound pretty spot on. :rolleyes:

It's a rock concert FFS.

axlangry.jpgaxl2.jpgaxlangry2.jpgaxl3.jpgaxlr.jpgronbilly.jpgaxllald.jpgaxldj.jpgaxlbilly.jpgi have plenty more and loads of vids too

Fantastic photos, are you a photographer or just good at it?

Na not a photographer was just lucky to be close and and have a galaxy note 2. tried timing some of the photos right though. ill upload a video soon
I was wondering who the person with the note was...

still im pretty sure I saw someone with a tablet there as well...

alot of my pics are the same... except crappier quality haha damn s3

Edited by ADR

you really can't compare the sound of Axl's voice from youtube clips.

Yes, you really can.

Indeed. If Axl sounds good, he'll sound good in said YouTube clip. If he sounds not so good, then he'll sound not so good in YouTube clip.

It is amazing the difference when you are at the show though. At Hamilton 2011 I could tell when he was using "Mickey" but it still sounded strong and powerful blasting out the PA and within the mix. I thought the Jungle at the show was the best version I'd ever heard so I was surprised when watching the video that there was even some Mickey there.

My point is at the show it's always going to be a different vibe. It's loud, you're into the moment, and you're taking in the general atmosphere. Doesn't mean one can't objectively review his voice off a YouTube clip.

Yes, you really can.

Indeed. If Axl sounds good, he'll sound good in said YouTube clip. If he sounds not so good, then he'll sound not so good in YouTube clip.

It is amazing the difference when you are at the show though. At Hamilton 2011 I could tell when he was using "Mickey" but it still sounded strong and powerful blasting out the PA and within the mix. I thought the Jungle at the show was the best version I'd ever heard so I was surprised when watching the video that there was even some Mickey there.

My point is at the show it's always going to be a different vibe. It's loud, you're into the moment, and you're taking in the general atmosphere. Doesn't mean one can't objectively review his voice off a YouTube clip.

Exactly. If anything, it's better to use a YouTube clip.

Fact is that Axl sounded consistently brilliant in almost any '09-'10 youtube video, then all the sudden RIR '11 came along and Axl started sounding consistently bad (aka Mickey Mouse) on youtube videos. Explanation: youtube is 'out ta get' Axl.

I was talking to Jarmo about this in Melbourne, you really can't compare the sound of Axl's voice from youtube clips. I know the shoestring argument is 'well look at 2010 on youtube' yes his voice is different from 2010, but two things are worth noting. He CAN still do rasp when he wants to (just doesn't do it as much as 2010) and there is still a lot of strength to his voice.

Tell Jarmo that we have seen GNR Live in London O2 and I speak for me he sound as bad as i thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49BoD4QTxBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MwSUWiS7NY

Or at the fórum also proshot

So the ( absurd) theory of YouTube doesnt show axl voice is a BIG SHIT.

Axl is sounding like ass nowadays,dont know why,but its TRUE.

so lets say I have a camera, I use the camera to record a 2010 show, then I go to a 2012 show and record it with the same camera, WOW the sounds, the music/instruments sounds the same, but Axl's voice dont, something must be wrong with the mic, it cant record his voice well but others people voice and sounds are the same.

C'mon stop this, you think it sounds good because its too loud, the adrenaline, the loud instruments, youre jumping, etc.

I'm not bashing, trolling or something, im just saying that you CAN compare his voice in the videos with another eras/gigs/years.

I'm a 2010 nutswinger like anyone else, but he started off that leg sounding like shit, had some shitty shows here and there. Reading wasnt very good, from what I recall. Taiwan and most of Canada wasnt that great, ACCORDING TO MY PERCEPTION, BASED ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

Glad to see Axl sound somewhat good this leg. Still lots left to be desired, though.

Btw, that Nice Boys I thought was really good. Yes he's singing higher but he has command of his voice and isnt gasping for breath. Thank God.

Edited by Eu4ic

Yes, you really can.

Exactly. If anything, it's better to use a YouTube clip.
No, it really isn't. The recording quality is a huge variable.

Yeah. So no more of this "You weren't at the show, you don't know how his voice REALLY sounded" shit...

It isn't shit because by and large a few random songs from most non-streamed shows make it to YouTube. So, the people there are in a unique perspective to judge show in its totality more often than not.

Ali

Edited by Ali