Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I got sway last June in Chicago. It was fantastic! Taylor nailed the solo

didn't know Taylor was playing that with them...i thought he was only doing midnight rambler...

i think keith has a hard time with sway live

It started with just Midnight Rambler. A few gigs in, they added him on Satisfaction. Then he played on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' whenever they played those.

• Like 1

So after 2 failed attempts where the site would not process my credit card I finally scored a ticket! I am in the back but at least I am in the building.. all the good seats were gone in minutes of them going on sale.......very pumped for my trip now!............ :awesomeface:

Congrats! If I remember, last year you weren't even sure if you were going to 50 and Counting. Glad you get to go to another gig, as well.

I got a ticket for the show. Not sure what they play but who cares!

You'll love it, Wasted. They kick so much ass live, right now!

I'm jealous of all of you catching the 14 on Fire tour! I'm glad I saw them last year, but would love to again someday

Edited by ZoSoRose

Guest Len B'stard

Watched footage of them in 2012 on youtube last night, left it a bit sad to be honest. The sharpness of the songs have gone, they're playing them so spaced out and gentle that they don't have that same punch. Also when you space em out too much you end up tinkering with the melody a little and the accents starts to feel like they're in the wrong place, a lot of what goes on in a Stones song is quite subtle so it don't take a lot to make a mess of them, not that they did it just didn't have that kick to it.

Day 10 rehearsals:

You Got Me Rocking

It's Only Rock N Roll

Shattered

Emotional Rescue

Wild Horses

Doom And Gloom

She's So Cold

Silver Train

Midnight Rambler

Miss You

Slipping Away

Before They Make Me Run

Paint It Black

Honky Tonk Women

Tumbling Dice

Sympathy For The Devil

Gimme Shelter

Brown Sugar

Jumping Jack Flash

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Satisfaction

Mick Taylor played on Silver Train, Midnight Rambler, Slipping Away

from Doom And Gloom thru Sympathy For The Devil, the band invited a small number of fans into the rehearsal

Edited by axl666axl666

Watched part of "Gimme Shelter" for the hundredth time on Blu-ray again last night...never get tired of the 1969 concert footage from MSG as it shows a lean mean hungry band, re-energized my a young Mick Taylor, happy to be touring again and tearing it up.........No fancy stage props back then just the Stones at the height of their power.............anyone who doubts Mick Jagger is the prototype rock front man needs to watch that film in its HiDef surround sound glory with the volume cranked up............

There are so many moments in that film..

That look that hell's angel, the one with the short hair, gives Mick when he is wiggling his arse. Pure Nazi venom.

The hells angel who is having acid trip being thrown by that same shorthaired hells angel into the crowd. It is like, ''he is no longer one of us. Discard him and throw him in with the hippies'' haha. It is like a Romero Zombie film: ''he has been infected. Remove swiftly''.

There's a great one of them on The Mike Douglas Show too, check it out:

If you like the early to mid 60's Stones with Brian Jones you really need to get yourself a copy of the recent Blu-ray of the old documentary film "Charlie is my Darling" which has finally been officially released by ABKCO.

http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Charlie-Darling-Ireland/dp/B009186JNO/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1392582946&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Rolling+Stones+Charlie+is+my+Darling

There is also a box set which has the Blu-ray, DVD, 2 Live CD's and vinyl which is outstanding if you don't mind the cost.

Really the best Brian Jones official release out there..............

Edited by classicrawker