Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I've been hearing rumors about Rod Stewart, Ron and Jeff Beck doing a tour for a while. It might not be on the Rolling Stones level of excitement, but a Faces/Jeff Beck Group reunion tour would definitely generate a lot of interest. Rod said the problem's been coordinating with Ronnie because when one of them had free time, the other one was in the studio or touring, but Rod had said recently that he doesn't see the Stones doing this tour for much longer.

The Stones aren't going to announce a farewell show or a farewell tour, they're going to leave it open for future possibilities. I think Charlie and Keith are feeling like this is the last big go round, and Mick seems more into working with other musicians, but the Stones is an easy thing for him to do, for the ridiculous amount of money they get. I had thought they were going to do more theater-size tours and have Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor do more shows with them, than what has happened.

All the shows were recorded, so I'm sure we'll be getting a DVD before the year's out.

Disagree with you about Keef feeling this is the last big go around as every tour he is asked if it is the last and he always answers he will do this until he dies... He is the one who pushes the others to tour so I don't see him stopping unless his health fails him....in fact he told an interviewer recently he can see the Stones doing 60th anniversary tour if they are all still alive...........

Mick likes to work with other musicians but he also seems to do it when he gets pissed off at Keef as he did over Keefs comments in his autobiography so I think he will always be up for a tour as long as the rest can still play at a respectible level....Charlie is the one I can see wanting to stop as he has been quoted as hating the long tours but on the other hand he gets itchy to get out after a couple of years off the road........I am not convinced this is the last time....if they are all still healthy I can see another tour happening in the future.

Just got a copy of Rolling Stone Special Collectors Edition on the Rolling Stones and it has a section of "The Wisdom of Keith"

Here is what Keef had to say about Bruce Springsteen back in 1998

" He's a sweet guy, nice guy. Mind you I think the 4 hour shows are way over the top. To me a great rock and roll act does 20 minutes"

I don't happen to agree with him as the Springsteen shows I have been to have been excellent but I always get a laugh out of Keef's comments.

Great special edition btw. It has reprints of interviews with the Stones all the way back to the first with Mick in 1968. A must for every Stones fan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-ROLLING-STONE-MAGAZINE-COLLECTOR-ISSUE-ROLLING-STONES-BRAND-NEW-JAGGER-HOT-/121130057394

I got mine last week at Barns and Noble for 12.99 so it is not rare and impossible to find as the seller claims........

I've been hearing rumors about Rod Stewart, Ron and Jeff Beck doing a tour for a while. It might not be on the Rolling Stones level of excitement, but a Faces/Jeff Beck Group reunion tour would definitely generate a lot of interest. Rod said the problem's been coordinating with Ronnie because when one of them had free time, the other one was in the studio or touring, but Rod had said recently that he doesn't see the Stones doing this tour for much longer.

The Stones aren't going to announce a farewell show or a farewell tour, they're going to leave it open for future possibilities. I think Charlie and Keith are feeling like this is the last big go round, and Mick seems more into working with other musicians, but the Stones is an easy thing for him to do, for the ridiculous amount of money they get. I had thought they were going to do more theater-size tours and have Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor do more shows with them, than what has happened.

All the shows were recorded, so I'm sure we'll be getting a DVD before the year's out.

Disagree with you about Keef feeling this is the last big go around as every tour he is asked if it is the last and he always answers he will do this until he dies... He is the one who pushes the others to tour so I don't see him stopping unless his health fails him....in fact he told an interviewer recently he can see the Stones doing 60th anniversary tour if they are all still alive...........

Mick likes to work with other musicians but he also seems to do it when he gets pissed off at Keef as he did over Keefs comments in his autobiography so I think he will always be up for a tour as long as the rest can still play at a respectible level....Charlie is the one I can see wanting to stop as he has been quoted as hating the long tours but on the other hand he gets itchy to get out after a couple of years off the road........I am not convinced this is the last time....if they are all still healthy I can see another tour happening in the future.

The pacing of this tour is going good for them, so I don't see how the tour grind would really be an issue.

"Ron and Jeff Beck"

lol

Keep in mind Ronnie was the bassist in the Jeff Beck Group.

Rod's talked about touring with the both of them for a few years, but I don't know how it would pan out. It would be great to see Rod doing stuff from the late 60s-early 70s instead of the 1940s.

• 1 month later...

They should have released the Glastonbury concert as it was historic and one of the best of the tour. The band was really on that show and Mick T played 3 songs with them including CYHMK.

The whole concert is on youtube and I have a boot of the complete raw satellite feed on DVD coming this week.

Finished watching the Stones at Glastonbury complete show on boot DVD last night and have to say that show is amazing!

It is a 2-DVD set from the no name boot label and the picture is excellent on my 65" plasma and sounds great in 9.2 surround.

The crowd was really into the show which got the band pumped up. Best performance of the tour I have heard IMHO.

You can watch the whole show on youtube and have to say it is worth the time if you like the Stones.

So while I am pumped to get Hyde Park on blu-ray I wish they would release Glastonbury in Hi-Def.......legendary show

Finished watching the Stones at Glastonbury complete show on boot DVD last night and have to say that show is amazing!

It is a 2-DVD set from the no name boot label and the picture is excellent on my 65" plasma and sounds great in 9.2 surround.

The crowd was really into the show which got the band pumped up. Best performance of the tour I have heard IMHO.

You can watch the whole show on youtube and have to say it is worth the time if you like the Stones.

So while I am pumped to get Hyde Park on blu-ray I wish they would release Glastonbury in Hi-Def.......legendary show

I literally just finished watching that. Yes, pretty good.

I would be very surprised if all those guest appearances on the tour are not used to full advantage.

They might end up doing a box set with a few shows and a bonus disc with the guest appearances or something, like they've done with past tours.

I hope so anyway..

I would be very surprised if all those guest appearances on the tour are not used to full advantage.

They might end up doing a box set with a few shows and a bonus disc with the guest appearances or something, like they've done with past tours.

I hope so anyway..

I'd love that! Really enjoyed the Four Flicks and Biggest Bang releases. I'm hoping they'll do something similar.