Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Fleetwood Mac were okay, I don't think you're missing much. Buckingham solo was a far better show. The only thing about FM in London would be Christine possibly making a guest appearance, and maybe Peter Green. I don't see it happening though.

I think AC/DC have one tour left in them.

Cohen gave me my money's worth - theater show, 3 plus hours.

Not too fussed about Christine/Green, it's all about Buckingham/Nicks for me.

Thanks for the headsup about Cohen, was thinking of getting an 2330 bus back but will be pushing it if he's gonna do 3 plus hours, once I get out of the venue, etc.

Pretty excited about the Stones, as a casual fan I just hope we get a Glastonbury-style greatest hits setlist (sorry Powerage, ZoSoRose, Sabbath :P )

Fleetwood Mac were okay, I don't think you're missing much. Buckingham solo was a far better show. The only thing about FM in London would be Christine possibly making a guest appearance, and maybe Peter Green. I don't see it happening though.

I think AC/DC have one tour left in them.

Cohen gave me my money's worth - theater show, 3 plus hours.

Not too fussed about Christine/Green, it's all about Buckingham/Nicks for me.

Thanks for the headsup about Cohen, was thinking of getting an 2330 bus back but will be pushing it if he's gonna do 3 plus hours, once I get out of the venue, etc.

Pretty excited about the Stones, as a casual fan I just hope we get a Glastonbury-style greatest hits setlist (sorry Powerage, ZoSoRose, Sabbath :P )

Zint :max::lol:

Nah, it's cool. I'm not tired of hearing the classics live yet...getting a couple rarities each gig is more than okay with me :)

Fleetwood Mac were okay, I don't think you're missing much. Buckingham solo was a far better show. The only thing about FM in London would be Christine possibly making a guest appearance, and maybe Peter Green. I don't see it happening though. I think AC/DC have one tour left in them. Cohen gave me my money's worth - theater show, 3 plus hours.

Not too fussed about Christine/Green, it's all about Buckingham/Nicks for me.Thanks for the headsup about Cohen, was thinking of getting an 2330 bus back but will be pushing it if he's gonna do 3 plus hours, once I get out of the venue, etc.Pretty excited about the Stones, as a casual fan I just hope we get a Glastonbury-style greatest hits setlist (sorry Powerage, ZoSoRose, Sabbath :P )

Zint :max::lol: Nah, it's cool. I'm not tired of hearing the classics live yet...getting a couple rarities each gig is more than okay with me :)

Lol! Zint and rawker like those deep cuts too!

Seriously though, no matter what they play you'll have a blast! You'll get the hits too, i promise!

Fleetwood Mac were okay, I don't think you're missing much. Buckingham solo was a far better show. The only thing about FM in London would be Christine possibly making a guest appearance, and maybe Peter Green. I don't see it happening though. I think AC/DC have one tour left in them. Cohen gave me my money's worth - theater show, 3 plus hours.

Not too fussed about Christine/Green, it's all about Buckingham/Nicks for me.Thanks for the headsup about Cohen, was thinking of getting an 2330 bus back but will be pushing it if he's gonna do 3 plus hours, once I get out of the venue, etc.Pretty excited about the Stones, as a casual fan I just hope we get a Glastonbury-style greatest hits setlist (sorry Powerage, ZoSoRose, Sabbath :P )
Zint :max::lol: Nah, it's cool. I'm not tired of hearing the classics live yet...getting a couple rarities each gig is more than okay with me :)

Lol! Zint and rawker like those deep cuts too!

Seriously though, no matter what they play you'll have a blast! You'll get the hits too, i promise!

I like to hear some deep cuts from the Stones but love the hits too. Would go see them no matter what the set list is......

35 years ago today, at this moment, I was on the road travelling to my first Stones show in Buffalo at Rich Stadium.

To this day, my greatest concert experience ever.

Keef was freshly clean...and itchy...and fuckin on fire.

Ian Stewart on piano.

April Wine, Atlanta Rhythm Section and Journey opened.

Stones setlist:

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Lies
Miss You
Beast Of Burden
Shattered
Just My Imagination
Respectable
Far Away Eyes (Mick on piano)
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

35 years ago today, at this moment, I was on the road travelling to my first Stones show in Buffalo at Rich Stadium.

Ian Stewart on piano.

Stones setlist:

Let It Rock

All Down The Line

Honky Tonk Women

Star Star

When The Whip Comes Down

Lies

Miss You

Beast Of Burden

Shattered

Just My Imagination

Respectable

Love In Vain

Tumbling Dice

Happy

Sweet Little Sixteen

Brown Sugar

Jumpin' Jack Flash

78 was a great tour............ "Let it Rock" is such a great show opener....saw them in Passaic, New Jersey that tour.............I listen to the Texas show often.........was really happy they finally officially released the Texas video.........really nice video of the Stones still in their prime.....

Discovered today that there's a bootleg of the July 4th '78 show.

I'll have to search around for that.

Indeed there is...dboots website describes it as good to very good audience recording...says there that the Stones did not do an encore that day..........Mick had to ask the audience not to throw bottles at Keef while he sang Happy...do you remember any of that Zint?

http://dbboots.com/content.php?op=lstsetlist&cmd=listsetlist&showkey=353

Edited by classicrawker

Discovered today that there's a bootleg of the July 4th '78 show.

I'll have to search around for that.

Indeed there is...dboots website describes it as good to very good audience recording...says there that the Stones did not do an encore that day..........Mick had to ask the audience not to throw bottles at Keef while he sang Happy...do you remember any of that Zint?

http://dbboots.com/content.php?op=lstsetlist&cmd=listsetlist&showkey=353

Thanks for the info!

I do remember some of that.

I don't remember hearing Mick say anything about throwing bottles.

It was a fucking rowdy crowd though, I remember that..lol.

I've told this on here before I think, but we were on the floor about 3/4 back. There was some commotion and we looked around..a Hell's Angels chapter started plowing through the crowd to go up front. The crowd parted like nothing...think the Angels bikes going through the crowd at Altamonte.

We took advantage of it and fell in behind and rode the tide closer to the front. :lol:

Maybe it was the Angels chucking bottles. :tongue2:

Indeed there was no encore, and it didn't go down well.

Things turned ugly. People started tearing down the barricade at the front...for some reason I recall wire fencing, but could be mistaken.

Do you remember the lip that went in to the crowd (wooden walkway in the middle basically)..well the fans reached that and started tearing the boards off of it.

It was starting to have the markings of a full on riot to be honest. Fights were breaking out. When people started banging those boards they tore off against the stage, we got the fuck out of there. 80,000 pissed off people in a General Admission setting...not good.

I don't know how they calmed it down, but I seem to recall firehoses were involved.

Pretty weak choices overall for the first Hyde Park show: All Down the Line, Rocks Off, When the Whip Comes Down, You Got Me Rocking, Just My Imagination. I voted Rocks Off, which will probably end up winning anyway, since it's the most popular of the bunch as far as I know. I don't know how YGMR ever made it as a live staple and it was a single too, it's pretty bad. Another one I don't get is If You Can't Rock Me. That one's actually terrible.

Pretty weak choices overall for the first Hyde Park show: All Down the Line, Rocks Off, When the Whip Comes Down, You Got Me Rocking, Just My Imagination. I voted Rocks Off, which will probably end up winning anyway, since it's the most popular of the bunch as far as I know. I don't know how YGMR ever made it as a live staple and it was a single too, it's pretty bad. Another one I don't get is If You Can't Rock Me. That one's actually terrible.

If Rocks Off wins, maybe they won't absolutely destroy it like they did at the second Toronto show.

Guest Len B'stard

Ian Stewart on piano.

Stones setlist:

Let It Rock

All Down The Line

Honky Tonk Women

Star Star

When The Whip Comes Down

Lies

Miss You

Beast Of Burden

Shattered

Just My Imagination

Respectable

Love In Vain

Tumbling Dice

Happy

Sweet Little Sixteen

Brown Sugar

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Greatest concert expierience ever, are you sure?

I didn't say better than.

I said my greatest concert experience.

Stones were always up on the same pedestal as the Beatles for me.

These bands were my gods, these guys were my Sunday School sermons.

The day I first got to see the Stones was a very special event in my life, and it just happened to be during a shit hot tour.

It was simply...stunning to behold.