Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Well folks, tonight was the last show of the north american leg of the 50 and counting tour. So happy I caught them in Chicago and can only hope it wasn't the first and last time I see them. If it was though, I got to say, this tour has been such a blast and will certainly be one for the history books! Cant wait to see what they do in England now!

Not a huge Stones fan, but caved into hype and got a ticket for their Hyde Park gig next Saturday, figured I might as well see them before they kick it and I live opposite Hyde Park anyway, can walk to and from the gig. Will get there early to try and get a decent spot.

Not a huge Stones fan, but caved into hype and got a ticket for their Hyde Park gig next Saturday, figured I might as well see them before they kick it and I live opposite Hyde Park anyway, can walk to and from the gig. Will get there early to try and get a decent spot.

That probably makes you the third richest member of this forum, only behind Axl and Dibiase.

Still most I've ever spent on a ticket. Only tickets which have cost me over £100 have been this and my Rock In Rio ticket to see Maiden.

I've spent way too much on gigs this year, though. Kanye, Springsteen x2, Maiden x2, Leonard Cohen, these gigs were all £65-£100. I remember thinking £55 was a bit much to see GNR back in 2010 (now I'd happily pay double that for a 2010-calibre Axl performance with some new material). Can't really afford to go out much for the rest of the year, between these gigs and my trip to Rio in September, but fuck it, these are all acts I have to see and I'm happily employed (though if I get the sack I'm fucked :lol: ).

Only time I ever bought a ticket off a tout/scalper was back in '09 to see Metallica for the first time, and even that was only £75 for a standing ticket (don't think he was a proper scalper, just some guy on eBay who made about 30 extra quid on a ticket, fair does). I use Songkick to stay on top of gigs. Also don't buy off touts on principle, though there have been a few times I've been tempted (The xx, Soundgarden, maybe a couple others).

Dunno who else I'm dying to see. I had tickets to see AC/DC back in '09 and couldn't go, that's one act I'd like to see before they stop touring. Fleetwood Mac I'm missing since I'm in Rio when they're in London, but that's a show I'd probably feel a bit weird about going on my own, would prob go with my dad.

Edited by Amir

:lol:

Yeah no shit, how much was a secondhand Hyde Park ticket?

Actually I was referring to the part where he lives opposite Hyde Park, but it works with the ticket price as well (if it were actually second hand).

Now I'm thinking of getting a ticket for the second Stones date.

Glastonbury is going on now. Setlist is different right off the bat, wonder how much it'll change?

Glastonbury setlist (thus far):
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock N' Roll
3. Paint It Black
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Glastonbury Girl - NEW SONG!
6. Wild Horses
7. Doom & Gloom
8. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (w/ Mick Taylor)

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. You Got The Silver

11. Happy

12. Miss You

13. Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor)

14. 2000 Light Years From Home

15. Sympathy For The Devil

16. Start Me Up

So apparently, Glastonbury Girl is just Factory Girl with new lyrics.

The BBC were very generous with their live footage. The Stones were excellent (apart from Jagger not being able to sing Tumbling Dance anymore). I liked the little quip about Satanic Majesties before 2000 Light Years: ''don't worry, we are not going to play the whole album''. Ron Wood looks, really re-energised, since he quit the booze; he plays better these days than when I last saw the Stones. Mick Taylor (Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction) was great and there was lots of grins and jokes going on between Ron and Keith.

Still think the ticket pricing is a scam (so I will not be going) but the Stones are certainly still an incredible band.

PS

Is that Lisa Fischer, with the massive hair and the, ehh, massive belly? She used to be hot!!

Cant believe wyman though... he played Glastonburg for crying out loud. I know he was ticked he wasnt featured more earlier and said he was happy he played but that was it... but come on!

Don't think it was his decision, but he's peeved about how everything went down. Sounded like the band made him rehearse before they contracted anything, THEN said he'd only do the 2 gigs.

Cant believe wyman though... he played Glastonburg for crying out loud. I know he was ticked he wasnt featured more earlier and said he was happy he played but that was it... but come on!

Don't think it was his decision, but he's peeved about how everything went down. Sounded like the band made him rehearse before they contracted anything, THEN said he'd only do the 2 gigs.

Meh i guess. Would have been cool just cause he was there

Still looks like a legendary show though!

Still most I've ever spent on a ticket. Only tickets which have cost me over £100 have been this and my Rock In Rio ticket to see Maiden.

I've spent way too much on gigs this year, though. Kanye, Springsteen x2, Maiden x2, Leonard Cohen, these gigs were all £65-£100. I remember thinking £55 was a bit much to see GNR back in 2010 (now I'd happily pay double that for a 2010-calibre Axl performance with some new material). Can't really afford to go out much for the rest of the year, between these gigs and my trip to Rio in September, but fuck it, these are all acts I have to see and I'm happily employed (though if I get the sack I'm fucked :lol: ).

Only time I ever bought a ticket off a tout/scalper was back in '09 to see Metallica for the first time, and even that was only £75 for a standing ticket (don't think he was a proper scalper, just some guy on eBay who made about 30 extra quid on a ticket, fair does). I use Songkick to stay on top of gigs. Also don't buy off touts on principle, though there have been a few times I've been tempted (The xx, Soundgarden, maybe a couple others).

Dunno who else I'm dying to see. I had tickets to see AC/DC back in '09 and couldn't go, that's one act I'd like to see before they stop touring. Fleetwood Mac I'm missing since I'm in Rio when they're in London, but that's a show I'd probably feel a bit weird about going on my own, would prob go with my dad.

Fleetwood Mac were okay, I don't think you're missing much. Buckingham solo was a far better show. The only thing about FM in London would be Christine possibly making a guest appearance, and maybe Peter Green. I don't see it happening though.

I think AC/DC have one tour left in them.

Cohen gave me my money's worth - theater show, 3 plus hours.