Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Yeah, there was this vibe. It was different from every show I've been to.and even thigh they were just paying an arena with a minimal stage production, it still felt huge.more so than other other arena gig I've been to like bands like aerosmith, van halen, gnr, ac/dc, even the who, etc. felt more like a stadium gig ive seen like paul mccartney and u2 in terms of hype and fanfare

Its hard to describe

That's why a lot of people are comparing this to the '78 tour. That somewhat minimalist aspect.

In regards to the Stones, I think it compliments them quite well.

In '78, when I first saw them. The stage was also just the lips and tongue. Far more crude.. the lips were the cloth cover over the giant stadium P.A. and the tongue was a wooden ramp that jutted out from the main stage.

That was it!

When they started, some balloons were released, but that was the extent of any bomabastic display!

In fact, it was a daylight concert. The light show was giant white spolights to enhance the stage.

So, it was down to the Stones to deliver. And boy did they fuckin deliver!

Keef fresh on smack, and clearly with his fingers jammed into a light socket, the guy was on fire!

Fresh back from drug hell, he was pissed off and ready to roll.

It was Mick, Keef, Charlie,Bill and Woody. Nicky Hopkins on keys and Ian Stewart on piano!

No back up singers, no giant inflatable thingys, none of that.

Just the Stones and the tunes they rammed down our throats.

Some Girls was a massive hit and there was this natural symbiotic connection with the crowd.

That's what I felt at the Saturday gig.

I would look around, and at the furthest seat in the furthest row in the furthest section people were up dancing and just really connecting.

It's the greatest Stones /crowd connection I've experienced since that '78 gig.

If this indeed is the last kick of the can, then as far as the actual shows go, it's all ending on quite the right note.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them again on Thursday, and in fact, if a Fall leg happens and a show comes near me, if I can , I'll go.

And I didn't think I'd be saying that before seeing this tour, but I've been really knocked out by the actual gig experience.

It's really a fuckin blast!

I think the best tour to see them would have been the Licks tour when you could catch a show of each type. And maybe see ACDC on the same night too.

Yeah that went way better than expected.

You're telling me! I was getting harassed, getting called a hooray for tolerance! and shit in the food lines earlier in the day just for wearing a GN'R shirt! I had another guy tell me I was fucked in the head for thinking GN'R would be on early (Let alone on time)...look who got the last laugh :takethat:

Yeah, there was this vibe. It was different from every show I've been to.and even thigh they were just paying an arena with a minimal stage production, it still felt huge.more so than other other arena gig I've been to like bands like aerosmith, van halen, gnr, ac/dc, even the who, etc. felt more like a stadium gig ive seen like paul mccartney and u2 in terms of hype and fanfare

Its hard to describe

That's why a lot of people are comparing this to the '78 tour. That somewhat minimalist aspect.

In regards to the Stones, I think it compliments them quite well.

In '78, when I first saw them. The stage was also just the lips and tongue. Far more crude.. the lips were the cloth cover over the giant stadium P.A. and the tongue was a wooden ramp that jutted out from the main stage.

That was it!

When they started, some balloons were released, but that was the extent of any bomabastic display!

In fact, it was a daylight concert. The light show was giant white spolights to enhance the stage.

So, it was down to the Stones to deliver. And boy did they fuckin deliver!

Keef fresh on smack, and clearly with his fingers jammed into a light socket, the guy was on fire!

Fresh back from drug hell, he was pissed off and ready to roll.

It was Mick, Keef, Charlie,Bill and Woody. Nicky Hopkins on keys and Ian Stewart on piano!

No back up singers, no giant inflatable thingys, none of that.

Just the Stones and the tunes they rammed down our throats.

Some Girls was a massive hit and there was this natural symbiotic connection with the crowd.

That's what I felt at the Saturday gig.

I would look around, and at the furthest seat in the furthest row in the furthest section people were up dancing and just really connecting.

It's the greatest Stones /crowd connection I've experienced since that '78 gig.

If this indeed is the last kick of the can, then as far as the actual shows go, it's all ending on quite the right note.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them again on Thursday, and in fact, if a Fall leg happens and a show comes near me, if I can , I'll go.

And I didn't think I'd be saying that before seeing this tour, but I've been really knocked out by the actual gig experience.

It's really a fuckin blast!

I think the best tour to see them would have been the Licks tour when you could catch a show of each type. And maybe see ACDC on the same night too.

Would love to see them in a theater but the tickets to the Boston Orpheum during the Licks tour were impossible to get plus if memory serves me they had a wrist band scheme to try to beat the scalpers. Was going to buy a ticket off a guy for $500 but he backed out last minute. It was the only Boston show I did not get to see that tour.

Arenas are not bad but have never been a fan of the Stones Stadium shows as the sound usually sucked and they had special setlists for stadiums which were heavy on the hits.

That being said one more day until the first Boston show...and then another on Friday...Hoping I get decent seats with the $85 mystery tickets for at least one night...

I'm at the Boston Garden show tonight. Scored tickets last week when TM opened a new block of seats next to the stage. About $160/tick but 4th row, right next to stage.

Can't wait to hear the "well you heard about the Bosssston!" during Midnight Rambler...

Was hoping for an appearance by Steven Tyler or Joe Perry...

I'm at the Boston Garden show tonight. Scored tickets last week when TM opened a new block of seats next to the stage. About $160/tick but 4th row, right next to stage.

Can't wait to hear the "well you heard about the Bosssston!" during Midnight Rambler...

Was hoping for an appearance by Steven Tyler or Joe Perry...

Don't think you will see Steven Tyler as he was in NYC today on the Howard Stern show...pretty good interview...I also beleive he said they are getting some songwtiers award tomorrow so don't see it happening tonight...but maybe Friday?

Great show in Boston tonight.....Sway and Rambler with Mick T....Keef sang You've Got the Silver and Before They Make Me Run and we ended up with Loge 3 row 4 seats as our $85 tickets so had a great floor level view of the stage........can't wait until Friday's show...

And ran into Peter Wolf, J. Geils Band, who said he might guest Friday

Edited by classicrawker

Great show (from what I remember.. lol..).

Unreal seats. The front row of Loge 15, directly next to the stage. Never been that close for a Stones gig. Not bad for $160 purchase last Friday. Everyone sitting around us were equally stunned. Guess they opened up the block of seats late last week.

Midnight Rambler was the highlight. As was that total fuck up at the beginning of It's Only RN'R (at least you know it's not pre-recorded lol..)

Sounds like last night was a good show. How was Gary Clark Jr.?

The song he performed on was really good from what I remember. It was a cover and I never heard the Stones do it before, I remember being pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty heavy rendition.

The weird thing is I didn't even notice Clark till like the end of the song because Mick and Keith are all over the arena due to their stage and you don't really pay attention to what's going on near Charlie. I think I just figured it was Daryl Jones in the corner of my eye or something, until I saw his sweet guitar.

Sounds like last night was a good show. How was Gary Clark Jr.?

The song he performed on was really good from what I remember. It was a cover and I never heard the Stones do it before, I remember being pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty heavy rendition.

The weird thing is I didn't even notice Clark till like the end of the song because Mick and Keith are all over the arena due to their stage and you don't really pay attention to what's going on near Charlie. I think I just figured it was Daryl Jones in the corner of my eye or something, until I saw his sweet guitar.

Yea, Going Down was the song. That's what he did with them in Brooklyn too. I think last night was the third time they've every played it, they do it really well.

Just got back from Boston #2 and all I have to say is WOW!.....even better than Wednesdays show...no special guest but the band was fucking energized tonight......ended up with lower bowl Section 107 Premium seats side stage left with a perfect view for my $85 tickets...man I hope they play more shows in New England...would love to catch a show in MSG, NYC before the tour ends....

Grab tickets if you can as the boys still deliver.....