Guns N’ Roses’ Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal: ‘Our songs are much better live’

Amir

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al-nisr-portfolio/tabloid/guns-n-roses-ron-bumblefoot-thal-our-songs-are-much-better-live-1.1163175

"Perhaps, the next album output will be swifter.

“But you know life gets in the way of plans. We could actually make an album in two weeks but we need to clear our lives from everything … lock ourselves in a room. That I don’t guarantee. We have some strongest people in the band who have been through ups and downs personally, not just musically,” said Bumblefoot."

I don't know why everyone says Axl is one holding everything up. Why can't the rest of the band just go in an record a full album? DJ already demoed some shit. Apparently Axl doesn't write shit right away, remember Robin said he wasn't writing lyrics to their instrumentals which is why he left? For all we know it takes years for Axl to write the right lyrics for the songs. So they can just finish their parts and leave it at Axl's doorstep for Axl to finish when he feels ready.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

If he cant write lyrics, let others do that for him. Letting others sing for him wouldnt be a bad idea either. You know, musicians like to record and release music.

I''d love for an album written by the rest of the band with Ron and/or Tommy on vocals to be released as GNR, just for the public reaction.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

If he cant write lyrics, let others do that for him. Letting others sing for him wouldnt be a bad idea either. You know, musicians like to record and release music.

I think Brian johnson from AC/DC doesn't write lyrics....

He did so from Back in Black up until Razor's Edge, after that the Young brothers took over mostly.

Who pays for the studio time of an unsupported (by Axl) project? Who wants to waste time, money, and energy on something that just sits at Axl's doorstep? Not Robin....apparently he left because of that very situation. What makes Ron, or Tommy, of Fortus, or Ashba, or anybody else willing to go through that for an instrumental album not to be completed with lyrics. ...Let alone all the screwing around done with those instrumentals by Axl and company before release.

Does anyone think that if Axl could as much as garuantee each member that he's willing and able to work with and/or add lyrics to their music, that they'd turn him down??? I don't.

And forget about the band (minus Axl) recording an album worth of material and looking for another singer to complete it. The only reason they are in the band is because its name is Guns N' Roses. Without that name, these guys don't work together in my opinion.

Edited by Time to DIE!!!

I don't understand why they have to "joke" about it when asked the question. It's pretty straightforward. At the very least, they could've said something along the lines of "We're working on it." The way they joked about it makes me think there's nothing going on.

I don't understand why they have to "joke" about it when asked the question. It's pretty straightforward. At the very least, they could've said something along the lines of "We're working on it." The way they joked about it makes me think there's nothing going on.

"The way they joked about it makes me think there's nothing going on."

But there is nothing going on. That's why they joke about it. I personally loved that inteview. One of the funniest new GNR interviews. Great that they're so happy even though the situation is what it is.

I would LOVE to hear a GnR album that was written and created in two weeks.

I think that would be amazing.

I loved CD - one of my favorite albums of all time.

But an album that was more raw and full of energy than CD would be a huge positive thing for this band. A stripped down old fashion rock n roll album. 12 rockers, two ballads and none of the songs over produced and tinkered with to death.

That would bring the average rock fans back.

They´re happy, because they get paid a lot of money to play around the world. I don´t think they care about a new album.

Haven't you seen any other Bumblefoot interviews. That guy's been very frustrated cause they aren't writing new music as a band. So I do think it's safe to say that at least he cares about a new album. That's why it was so nice to see him happy here cause he's been so fucking frustrated.

I really liked that interview... reminded me of hanging out with the guys, the banter etc. I think because there's a big gulf between what goes on at the shows and the fanbase on here, people have no idea of how the band functions day to day and it's mainly like that, just funny.

I was hoping that there would be some sort of answer on the topic of writing. Last BBF interview he said that he doesn't bullshit you like other people. DJ has been the most outspoken saying that they write and work on material around the clock, while BBF says that nothing has been written and anything released would be from the CD sessions. I would have loved for them to address that in some way.

On a side note, didn't DJ quit smoking? He says here he smokes a lot before the show. Has he been smoking on stage?

They´re happy, because they get paid a lot of money to play around the world. I don´t think they care about a new album.

Haven't you seen any other Bumblefoot interviews. That guy's been very frustrated cause they aren't writing new music as a band. So I do think it's safe to say that at least he cares about a new album. That's why it was so nice to see him happy here cause he's been so fucking frustrated.

No, actually I haven't. I'm not much of a nu Gnr fan. I did like most of the songs on CD, but I'm a huge fan of the classic lineup. So... I don't usually read up on what the nu band is up to. So I just assumed they're happy with the way things are.

Well, if he's frustrated, I can totally understand why. Who wouldn't be? There are only so many times you can tour the world playing classic songs and the songs on CD before you start wondering when a new album will be recorded.

But I guess Axl is the one calling all the shots here and if he doesn't wanna release anything unless it's up to his standards, then that's just the way things are. Very frustrating indeed.