New album comments from all employees with no say in the decision.

izzydoezit

The only person that actually has say for a new album is not talking about it.

All others talk about it as if it is their call.

I think they are just trying to motivate Axl to release something.

Because they know their days are numbered and they cannot tour Chinese Democracy around the world yet again.

So it's either a new album or bye bye fat paycheck for them.

Then where did the definite maybe quote come from?

Definite Maybe = No comment- I won't reply, since you haven't understood it apparently. Your post sounded like a 'Dumb and Dumber' line.

Definite Maybe = No comment- I won't reply, since you haven't understood it apparently. Your post sounded like a 'Dumb and Dumber' line.

Erm.. no? I'm as skeptical as anyone about the legitimacy of what Axl and co. claim, but "definite maybe" does not equal "no comment". It implies a possibility, which is far from "no comment".

Because they know their days are numbered and they cannot tour Chinese Democracy around the world yet again.

Harsh, but probably true. As long as it doesn't come from Axl himself I'm not believing anything. And even then I remain skeptical.

But it is interesting that they're all taking their opinions public for a change. Could end up in a mess, but interesting (and good) nonetheless.

Harsh, but probably true. As long as it doesn't come from Axl himself I'm not believing anything. And even then I remain skeptical.

But it is interesting that they're all taking their opinions public for a change. Could end up in a mess, but interesting (and good) nonetheless.

Axl gets this question way more than reunion questions. He knows there's demand for new music. It might not mean 10 million albums, but he knows how many bought ChiDem, and now it's a digital download world, so things have changed since ChiDem. I think a lot of artists are disheartened at how things are now, and the motivation to put music out that is a tough sell isn't exactly fun.

Erm.. no? I'm as skeptical as anyone about the legitimacy of what Axl and co. claim, but "definite maybe" does not equal "no comment". It implies a possibility, which is far from "no comment".

Of course it's all based on individual interpretation, but I took the "definitely maybe" as "I'm not going to say yes or no, but I'll give you an answer to shut you up".

If Axl has no intention of ever releasing a new album, does anybody seriously think he'd actually come out and say so? :laugh:

"Definitely Maybe" means "LOL! Whatever u idiots, I'm not planning anything but keep guessing"

If Axl cared about his fans half as much as some people claim he'd give a straight answer for a change.

Edited by username

"Definitely Maybe" means "LOL! Whatever u idiots, I'm not planning anything but keep guessing"

Does it? Glad he never said that then...

Was this really necessary?

I'm closing this instead of even moving it to Attitude because it's really just a silly topic, imo. It's a given that Axl is at the helm of GN'R and of course it's up to him as to whether a new album is recorded; but in light of all the bandmembers' recent comments, this thread has no purpose other than to state the obvious and make people lose hope. I'm all for lowering expectations with this band when it comes to new music, trust me - but still...