Must see concerts?

PITBOSS

Pitboss, do you live in the states? If you ever, ever get a chance to see a group called Super Geek League, DO NOT FUCKING PASS IT UP.

Also:

Foxy Shazam. Some people can get on any stage, anywhere, and own the fuck out of it. Axl Rose is one of those people, so is Eric Nally.

In Flames. As far as a straight up metal show goes, they're a blast. Trivium are one of the best live bands I've seen, too. I kick myself for not really bothering with them when I could've watched their set at Mayhem fest a few years back, but I saw them open for In Flames and they were awesome.

Alice Cooper, as others have said, is a cool show.

Also, as Powerage said, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones look like a cool gig. They played the annual Ska festival here a few years ago, which is held in the harbour, so they have this little area gated off but there's hills and stuff around so you can sit on the grass, not have to pay anything, and watch the bands. That's what I did, they were cool (not really a band I would've gone to see otherwise though), looked like it would've been pretty fun to have been in the "real" crowd.

I don't think that these sorta threads work. go see the bands that you're interrested in seeing. some suggestions are good/great but many are just fan boys/girls naming their favorite bands.

I've been to a couple of shows with some of the "essential" bands in this thread and some of them were utter crap to me. left early and won't ever see again.

I don't think that these sorta threads work. go see the bands that you're interrested in seeing. some suggestions are good/great but many are just fan boys/girls naming their favorite bands.

I've been to a couple of shows with some of the "essential" bands in this thread and some of them were utter crap to me. left early and won't ever see again.

I like these sort of threads.... Not every band someone likes is gonna tour near them, so if you hear "band X" is really good live, and they end up playing in your town, it might be a gig you wouldn't have seen otherwise. Actually, I found out Buckethead was playing (literally) 5 minutes from my house because of a TM thread asking who was touring and good to see :lol:

Don't know what your musical taste is or where you live but here are some bands touring the U.S. this summer I want to see again if we can swing a babysitter.

The Cult- are playing small clubs and playing the complete Electric album

Black Crowes- they put on a great how

Govt Mule- another band that puts on excellent shows

Black Sabbath- Saw them twice back in the 70's and they were amazing in the old days so would love to se them on the "13" tour

Joe Satriani- amazing guitar player

Also read Mott the Hoople are getting back together for another tour and really hope they come to the States this year

the cult playing electric in its entirety is awesome. i hope we get a dvd or something out of it.

They are playing Boston HoB and Hampton Beach NH so you should catch them if you can...Electric live should be amazing!

yeah, definitely. i will have to see how my schedule shakes up, but i would love to take my dad, since he is the one that got me into the band so many years ago :lol:

The only time I've seen The Cult is when they did Love in it's entirety, and that was pretty cool. Would love to see them do all of Electric, but no shows near enough.

that is my favorite cult album.

I swear... even if you're not that into them... EVERYONE should see KISS live. It's more than a rock concert. It's a spectacle.

I absolutely despise KISS, but I still want to see them once, just to say I have.

that's exactly how I feel about them. I hate most of their music and the way that Gene runs his "business" but it would be nice to go see their live show.

Unfortunately tickets are way too expensive since all Gene cares about is the money. They're actually coming to my neck of the woods this summer but tickets are $350!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?

I don't understand how bands can charge their fans that much money

I swear... even if you're not that into them... EVERYONE should see KISS live. It's more than a rock concert. It's a spectacle.

I absolutely despise KISS, but I still want to see them once, just to say I have.

Maybe go on this tour...apparantly they've ripped off Alice's giant spider. :tongue2:

Although, this one barfs fire or something.

that's exactly how I feel about them. I hate most of their music and the way that Gene runs his "business" but it would be nice to go see their live show.

Unfortunately tickets are way too expensive since all Gene cares about is the money. They're actually coming to my neck of the woods this summer but tickets are $350!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?

KISS is playing here pretty soon. The cheapest tickets are $66 and they're behind the stage. Motley Crue played here in late april, and I sat at the back (the arena here is pretty small), and my seat was $35 after fees and tax. The same seat for KISS, after fees and stuff, would be about $100. Fuck that.

KISS is playing here pretty soon. The cheapest tickets are $66 and they're behind the stage. Motley Crue played here in late april, and I sat at the back (the arena here is pretty small), and my seat was $35 after fees and tax. The same seat for KISS, after fees and stuff, would be about $100. Fuck that.

heh...I just went and saw The Crue here and all the tickets were $100 (5500 capacity arena). That was reasonable