Must see concerts?

PITBOSS

My woman and I have been to quite a few concerts in the past 10 years. Anybody have some good must see bands that put on a great concert that we should catch if we get the chance? 2 that I haven't got a chance to see ACDC and Metallica they are on the must see list. Somebody mentioned the boss in another thread and said it was great so now i'm curious and he's on the list.

We've been to GNR, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motley Crue, Matchbox 20, Bob Segar, Slash, Alice Cooper, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, just the ones off the top of my head.

I was considering going well out of my way to see KISS this summer, but i'm not sure it would be worth it or not?

TygerStrike's sig reminded me that last night, I met a lady who has seen The Beatles live.

It's so difficult to pick the best concert I've been to, but in terms of fulfilling a 'must see' it was Aerosmith at Download. That entire afternoon was epic, actually.

The bands I've not seen yet, but would love to: Metallica, Crüe, the Stones, Pearl Jam, Sabbath (will see them in December), Foo Fighters and Rammstein.

Edited by Gracii Guns

I've missed RATM, Faith No More, Eminem, Lady Gaga and Carole King so far. So those would be my must sees to compensate.

seems pretty fun!
I suddenly want to quit metal. A Psy gig looks like the happiest place on earth.
You can't quit metal. It's in the bloody owners manual.

To me, it depends if you're into musicianship vs spectacle, some bands have both going on.

I think KISS would've been worth seeing during the reunion but I also think the guys they have now make the show sound better. I don't know how long they're going to keep going on for. Bruce is great live, I don't think the shows dragged out like people say.

How was Alice Cooper? Would love to see him....

I saw Alice back in 2005. He was a lot of fun, played a pretty good selection of tunes too.

I saw him about the same time with Deep Purple supporting but I fell asleep during their set and got sunstroke like a fucking idiot.

To me, it depends if you're into musicianship vs spectacle, some bands have both going on.

I think KISS would've been worth seeing during the reunion but I also think the guys they have now make the show sound better. I don't know how long they're going to keep going on for. Bruce is great live, I don't think the shows dragged out like people say.

Do you mean Tommy? Bruce isn't in the band anymore.

But I do agree. Musically speaking you're better off with Tommy and Eric. For that reason I'd take Ace back over Peter since Peter lost his chops years ago whereas Ace can still play. Tommy is definitely more consistent though, and Bruce owned them both.

Iron Maiden and Rush are essentials. 2 of the tightest live bands in the world.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are a ton of fun, and they put on a great show. They've got a huge work ethic and really vary their setlists, especially given that they only play about a dozen shows per year. Actually on our way to see them right now.

I know Led Zeppelin and original/ classic GN'R would be at the top of my list, but alas, I haven't had the chance to see them. From the bands and artists I have seen (in no particular order)

AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Paul McCartney, U2, Roger Water's "The Wall Live" (although I'm sure his DSOTM shows were amazing too), Rush, X Japan, The Scorpions, The Eagles, Aerosmith, The Foo Fighters, The Darkness, Slash and Myles, The Who, KISS

Ive seen tons of other shows too, and they have all been great. The only complaints with those I have seen are that Ozzy (Sorry, BS) and Dave with Van Halen were not as good as in their prime I still loved those gigs.

Anyways, I just feel those above really took it up a notch! Hoping to add The Rolling Stones and Metallica to that list in the next month or two too

Edited by ZoSoRose

My woman and I have been to quite a few concerts in the past 10 years. Anybody have some good must see bands that put on a great concert that we should catch if we get the chance? 2 that I haven't got a chance to see ACDC and Metallica they are on the must see list. Somebody mentioned the boss in another thread and said it was great so now i'm curious and he's on the list.

The Boss is definitely a must see. Simply amazing, full of energy and passion and willing to make people spend the best night in their lives. You won't regret.