Prostitute - this song is pure magic

ManetsBR

It's another one of those big ideas that went unrealized to its full potential. It's because of Axl's neurosis and procrastination, self-pitying, etc...

Sometimes I dig it. The strings and high guitar is nice.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prostitute is about the only track on CD to sound finished, and contains vibe as a result, that lacks so much in the other bolted-to-gether-tacked-on-intro-overlaid-over-produced nature of every other track.

Many get a 'negative' vibe from prostitute but even with those lyrics that intro with that drum loop and the outro just give me a positive, regain-your-breath type of vibe after getting Maddy and TIL, two very intense, sad/angry songs with a 'negative' kind of vibe.

One of the things that fucked CD were the 'mythical' song titles... Protitute, The General, Atlas, etc. i remember when it leaked, half the forums were like 'this is the greatest song ever' and the other half was like, 'its a good song, but a big let down if its the 'holy grail' [at the time] Prostitute...'

I love this song. I love the way it ends the cd too.

I wish Axl would sing it live. I think this song would be awesome to add to their set list. Take out some of the covers like The Seeker and put more GNR songs in the set.

Axl would have to work on it a lot, the last two times they tried performing it, it was a bit of a mess (and that was when his voice was really strong in late '09). The range jumps about quite a lot.