Questions regarding the last show Argentina 1993

Birk

17th July 1993 (the second of two nights), Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina, was the last concert on the Use Your Illusion tour; it was broadcast live on Argentinean television and radio and would be the last time Slash and Duff (as well as Matt and Gilby) played a Guns N' Roses show.

The next Guns N' Roses gig would be, 1st January 2001, with a very different line-up.

There is nothing else much to say beyond, it was a fairly good gig, a standard Skin N' Bones setlist. After it the band all dribbled back to LA.

17th July 1993 (the second of two nights), Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina, was the last concert on the Use Your Illusion tour; it was broadcast live on Argentinean television and radio and would be the last time Slash and Duff (as well as Matt and Gilby) played a Guns N' Roses show.

The next Guns N' Roses gig would be, 1st January 2001, with a very different line-up.

There is nothing else much to say beyond, it was a fairly good gig, a standard Skin N' Bones setlist. After it the band all dribbled back to LA.

Yeah it seemed like a good gig.

That hug at the end looks real forced to me, and looks more aggressive (not manly hug aggressive, but shitty aggressive as if they hugged and were verbally giving each other crap behind the hug - lol).

Either or, there is a great pic that I think is after this show, that is backstage and has Slash leaning against a wall with a towel on his head and Axl passing him..both giving each other evil looks.

Quick google image search:

slashaxlfoto.jpg

This after the last concert and that hug?

I don't think the hug looks forced. And we all know how Axl could turn on a dime,for good or worse back then. Who knows what was said or done in the time between the hug on stage and the pic from after the show backstage?

I always thought it was funny that people think they look mad in that photo. It's just a quick snapshot of people having a conversation to me.

I don't think they look mad but Slash's body language is just weird in that picture but I seem to remember him saying he had drunk a bottle of vodka or something so who knows.

So was this the last show of the tour? Was the tour ended? What actually went down?

After watching this

its just weird that this was it...any info would be great

Wow.

That hug............the looks on their faces afterwards.............that was the GnR that I grew up loving and that was the soundtrack to about 10 years of my life.

I love Axl and I love CD. I think it is an amazing album, one of my favorites of all time.

But that hug/smiles show the difference between that group and the current band.

That group was creating magic every single time they stepped on stage. The songs were their LIFE. Straight from their heart and soul.

The current group? Not the same. These guys are more of a professional group of musicians making a living playing other people's songs.

Think of it like this.

Your little kid can paint a picture of you.........and you will cherish that picture for life.

A professional artist can paint a picture of you. It will look awesome, but it will never hold the same emotion and meaning that your 5-year-old's picture does.

Even tho the professional artist's picture is technically perfect - it just doesn't hold the same weight as your child's picture does.

• Like 2

So was this the last show of the tour? Was the tour ended? What actually went down?

After watching this

its just weird that this was it...any info would be great

Wow.

That hug............the looks on their faces afterwards.............that was the GnR that I grew up loving and that was the soundtrack to about 10 years of my life.

I love Axl and I love CD. I think it is an amazing album, one of my favorites of all time.

But that hug/smiles show the difference between that group and the current band.

That group was creating magic every single time they stepped on stage. The songs were their LIFE. Straight from their heart and soul.

The current group? Not the same. These guys are more of a professional group of musicians making a living playing other people's songs.

Think of it like this.

Your little kid can paint a picture of you.........and you will cherish that picture for life.

A professional artist can paint a picture of you. It will look awesome, but it will never hold the same emotion and meaning that your 5-year-old's picture does.

Even tho the professional artist's picture is technically perfect - it just doesn't hold the same weight as your child's picture does.

Well said Groghan!!!!!! Totally agree.

That video Ive watched now and then, brings bittersweet memories.