Anyone into Stephen King?

TombRaider

I'm a huge fan of his early stuff. The Stand, Cujo, Pet Sematary, The Dead Zone, The Shining, Salem's Lot are all great books, page-turners really.

For some reason, money and fame I guess, at some point in his career he started writing not so interesting books, like Tommyknockers or Bag of Bones.

And he's released a couple of boring turkeys, like Under the Dome and 11/22/63.

Anyway, his new book is gonna be released in September. It's called Dr. Sleep and it's the sequel to The Shining. I am really excited about it.

Any fans of his here?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree his early stuff was great. Salem's Lot is one of my favourites.

About the time Tommyknockers came out he seemed to drown in adjectives and has ever since. He also said in his book on writing that he was pretty stoned most of the time then, and didn't remember writing Tommyknockers.

I haven't read that one. What is it about? As for the Dark Tower, I've only read the first two. Pretty interesting stuff.

...and if you have never read a SK book and you only wanna read one, make sure it's Pet Sematary. His best novel, hands down. Stay away from movies based on his books, though.

Edited by TombRaider

I haven't read that one. What is it about? As for the Dark Tower, I've only read the first two. Pretty interesting stuff.

It's probably his shortest novel, about a girl who gets lost in the woods with just a radio.

You don't like "Christine"? I thought that was one of his better ones.

yeah stephen king is a pretty big hard rock fan. huge fan of ac/dc as well.

I met him at the Lenny Kravitz concert in Boston. :lol:

Love Steven King. Am a big fan of his newer stuff too, it's not even about the stories, there is something about the way he writes. I swear he could make the phone directory interesting. For anyone who writes themselves, his book, On Writing, is brilliant.

It's probably his shortest novel, about a girl who gets lost in the woods with just a radio.

You don't like "Christine"? I thought that was one of his better ones.

yeah stephen king is a pretty big hard rock fan. huge fan of ac/dc as well.

I met him at the Lenny Kravitz concert in Boston. :lol:

Yeah, Christine is a great book.

The last book I read of SK's was the Cell. I liked it.

I actually love IT the best, but the book was too long. SK has this habit of going back in time and staying there for too long. I loved The Shining and Carrie and his earlier books. Not so much in the last years or so.

I'm actually looking forward to the summer tv show, Under the Dome which is based on a story he wrote. It looks interesting. I hope it's good.

The last book I read of SK's was the Cell. I liked it.

I actually love IT the best, but the book was too long. SK has this habit of going back in time and staying there for too long. I loved The Shining and Carrie and his earlier books. Not so much in the last years or so.

I'm actually looking forward to the summer tv show, Under the Dome which is based on a story he wrote. It looks interesting. I hope it's good.

It's based on a 1,000 page book he wrote. Well... not sure about the thousand pages, but it is a very long book, with countless characters. I read it and didn't like it. It's a very obvious political satire, where the good guys are Democrats and the bad guys are Republicans... I guess.

I also recommend Needful Things.