Anybody else like IRS?

dburcham

IMO it's right up there with Better and Shackler's as far as the 'rockers' on CD are concerned. Plus, he really seemed to deliver it with insane levels of intensity from '06-'10 when it was still regularly played. Here's Ax, sounding raspy as ever in The Golden Year:

Live versions like this one are much, much better than the overproduced shitty album version.

I like it, but I tend to like the songs noone else likes and hate the songs everyone likes.

Riad is one of my favorites, a lot of people hate that song.

I hate TIL and ITW though, and a lot of people like those.

It's #5 in my playlist after Riad and Shacklers.

Edit: It's the best Axl's cream at 3:30 to 3:44

Edited by axlrod

Lyrics are horrid

I had friends that thought Chinese Democracy was killer when it hit the radio until Axl says "chinese stew" that part just ruined it for everyone and the lyrics kept going downhill.

I had high hopes for Madagascar until I heard the finished version and he ruined it with the grandpa voice and layered vocals.

Edited by crashoride

I thought the chorus sucked when it came out so I didn't much care for it.

But it's a really powerful song and they used to kill it live. I wish they, or he rather could still pull it over cuz I always thought it was one of the cd songs that translated best live, at least back then it did..

I don't know, I think UYI had some pretty messy, word vomit lyrics through out both albums. I'm not sure anything on CD hits quite at that level of babbling, but I guess IRS is probably the closest. Riad is up there as well.

Its a great rocker. Certainly one of my favourites and "You know its trruuuuuuuuuuee" really is a highlight, up there with the TWAT solo. It is the more obvious evolution from Appitite and UYI and just an all round strong track. Admittedly I am a fan of the demo too, a half way house between that and the final version would have been spot on.