Who do you consider to be the most overrated musical artist of all time?

Towelie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People believe that Led Zeppelin are overrated? No band that has written Kashmir can possibly be overrated.

I love Zeppelin, but Kashmir is one of my least favorite by them, along with Heartbreaker.

Both drag and lack groove, I think. I just don't feel them.

People believe that Led Zeppelin are overrated? No band that has written Kashmir can possibly be overrated.

I love Zeppelin, but Kashmir is one of my least favorite by them, along with Heartbreaker.

The eastern scales is what made Kashmir.

I get what you are saying with Kashmir (it's not a short song that you can just dip into) but the intro alone, just as a standalone, is immense.

I also dig Whole Lotta Love for the same reason.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Kanye West

Pearl Jam

Tupac

The Beatles

Oasis

The Police

The Smiths

Kings of Leon

The Strokes

U2

Dave Mathews Band

Phish

more recently; Mumford and Sons, Foster the People, Fun

Def disagree with alot of those. Also Arnold, could you imagine passing on gnr after listening to the greatest hits album. Listen to night at the opera from beginning to end.

Prophets song. I'm in love with my car. '39. Lazing on a Sunday afternoon. Death on two legs. Love of my life.

Some of my favorite songs of the 70s. How anyone can dismiss this band based on wat you hear on the radio makes me sick. Seriously. Give that album a spin.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna chime in... I think Queen are overrated. I've listened to a few of the albums since my friend is a huge Queen fan. They've never done anything for me. I know it's entirely subjective but it's just how I feel. I can appreciate Freddie's stage performance, and I admire it. I just for particularly like the music I've heard. But anyway...

I think the Artic Monkeys are overrated. Just my two cents...

xXx

I'm gonna chime in... I think Queen are overrated. I've listened to a few of the albums since my friend is a huge Queen fan. They've never done anything for me. I know it's entirely subjective but it's just how I feel. I can appreciate Freddie's stage performance, and I admire it. I just for particularly like the music I've heard. But anyway...

xXx

I've never thought of Queen as overrated, critics usually put the band and their fanbase down, they were kind of a cult band in the US that had some hits and did a couple of arena tours. It's like saying Star Trek's overrated.

I hate Mumford and Sons. It's so dreary and uninspiring.

Something we agree on.

Well, I don't hate them necessarily. I don't hate any bands. But their music is so dull to me. I can't even begin to get into it.

xXx

I agree. They have some great singles, Fat Bottom Girls is one of my favorite classic rock songs, but what album does every Queen fan suggest you check out? Their greatest hits compilations, because frankly their studio albums are pretty shit.

I don't think anybody gives a fuck about the Arctic Monkeys anymore, they were a flavor of the month band like 5 years ago