Michael Jackson went 60 days without real sleep

Crash Diet

MJ never really stood a fair chance due to his celebrity. If the article is true, he really did need a lot of help but I guess everybody else is only interested in what they could get from him. I guess he wanted to prove to a lot of people that he still had it, but he probably wasn't quite ready for it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I gave the "Michael" album a good listen to form my own opinions and here are my thoughts. 3 of the tracks are from the 80's and those 3 MJ sounds the best on, which isn't suprising. As MJ aged he did sound different as most singers do, and when you add the fact that none of the vocals on that album are probably finished products. It does make scense why some songs he sounds different. I personally think that some songs were closer to being finished than others and maybe on a few of the songs they brought in the imposter to add more layers to it. But from what I heard I do think MJ sings on most of the album. Honestly the songs that sounded the most off to me were "breaking news" "song of joy" and "hollywood tonight" and only one of those is from the sessions in question. I honestly do feel MJ is singing on the song "monster" which imo is the best song on the album. He just sounds older. Axl sounds different on cd than he does on appetite, so its not unheard of fo people's voices to change. Elton John is another one that sounds completly different now than he did when he was young.

Having said that, I do feel they did try and pull a fast one on that album. I hope they learned from their mistakes, but I doubt it. As a whole i was quite suprised by the quality of some of the songs, I want to say I like this album better than Invinciable. But given all the controversey I have to give the edge to Invinciable, just because we know that album is all MJ. But I do like quality of music on Michael better, It would of been a pretty damn good comeback album if MJ would of finished it.

I thought it was better than the reviews.

'Behind the Mask' and 'Much Too Soon' are Thriller era. 'Behind the Mask' was literally 'in the can' (i.e. finished) and penciled in for Thriller but a royalty dispute with Yellow Magic Orchestra prevented its release. It is no coincidence that it is the best song on the album

(I Can't Make It) Another Day is an Invincible outake.

The rest of the album comes from, 2007-9 sessions for an, unreleased, album Michael was working on.

MJ never really stood a fair chance due to his celebrity. If the article is true, he really did need a lot of help but I guess everybody else is only interested in what they could get from him. I guess he wanted to prove to a lot of people that he still had it, but he probably wasn't quite ready for it.

Celebrity was a reason why he got illegal prescriptions, and he was the type to shut people out when they told him no.

I

So I gave the "Michael" album a good listen to form my own opinions and here are my thoughts. 3 of the tracks are from the 80's and those 3 MJ sounds the best on, which isn't suprising. As MJ aged he did sound different as most singers do, and when you add the fact that none of the vocals on that album are probably finished products. It does make scense why some songs he sounds different. I personally think that some songs were closer to being finished than others and maybe on a few of the songs they brought in the imposter to add more layers to it. But from what I heard I do think MJ sings on most of the album. Honestly the songs that sounded the most off to me were "breaking news" "song of joy" and "hollywood tonight" and only one of those is from the sessions in question. I honestly do feel MJ is singing on the song "monster" which imo is the best song on the album. He just sounds older. Axl sounds different on cd than he does on appetite, so its not unheard of fo people's voices to change. Elton John is another one that sounds completly different now than he did when he was young.

Having said that, I do feel they did try and pull a fast one on that album. I hope they learned from their mistakes, but I doubt it. As a whole i was quite suprised by the quality of some of the songs, I want to say I like this album better than Invinciable. But given all the controversey I have to give the edge to Invinciable, just because we know that album is all MJ. But I do like quality of music on Michael better, It would of been a pretty damn good comeback album if MJ would of finished it.

You're wrong about Monster. None of the Cascio tracks are really MJ. Breaking News, Monster and Keep Your Head Up don't feature any original MJ vocals, but the producers were clever and extracted the odd ad-lib, hiccup and vocal line into the mix to try and make it sound more genuine. The "hee-hee-hee" part at the end of Breaking News is slowed down and taken from In The Closet. The "ohh-ohh-ohh" part after the first chorus in Monster is taken from On The Line. Very sneaky, but it didn't pull the wool over many of the hardcore fans. It is a cut and paste job, slicing in real vocals from past recordings, mixed in with Jason Malachi vocals in an attempt to dupe the fans into thinking it's genuine MJ material.

Malachi even had his own Youtube channel as an MJ-soundalike, which was suspisciously taken down from Youtube three days before Breaking News premiered online. It sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Do your research and you will inevitably come to the same conclusion. It's not just the fans who accused this material of being fake, MJ's own children have said it isn't him, Randy Jackson said it wasn't him, Taj Jackson said the same. Rodney Jerkins tweeted at the time that it sounded fake to him.

As for the real stuff...

Hold My Hand was recorded in 2007.

Hollywood Tonight was initially worked on prior to Invincible, but was abandoned when MJ started working with Rodney Jerkins. It was later worked on in 2007, a demo has surfaced online, featuring MJ talking and giving instructions of how he wanted the song to sound. Funny how no such thing exists for the three Cascio tracks. No handwritten lyric sheets, no alternative takes, no demos.

Much Too Soon was actually from the Dangerous era, but the version that's on the album is a vocal-take from 1995.

Best Of Joy dates back to Dangerous and MJ continued working on it over the years.

Another Day is an Invincible outtake.

Behind The Mask is from Thriller-era.

Edited by Towelie

I will research the thing sometime when I have the time but I am still 50/50 on it. Thing is, I really like Breaking News and Monster. I actually want these to be MJ tracks because they are two of the best on the album - granted, Monster is a bit of a Thriller re-tread.

ik8

You're wrong about Monster. None of the Cascio tracks are really MJ. Breaking News, Monster and Keep Your Head Up don't feature any original MJ vocals, but the producers were clever and extracted the odd ad-lib, hiccup and vocal line into the mix to try and make it sound more genuine. The "hee-hee-hee" part at the end of Breaking News is slowed down and taken from In The Closet. The "ohh-ohh-ohh" part after the first chorus in Monster is taken from On The Line. Very sneaky, but it didn't pull the wool over many of the hardcore fans. It is a cut and paste job, slicing in real vocals from past recordings, mixed in with Jason Malachi vocals in an attempt to dupe the fans into thinking it's genuine MJ material.

Malachi even had his own Youtube channel as an MJ-soundalike, which was suspisciously taken down from Youtube three days before Breaking News premiered online. It sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Do your research and you will inevitably come to the same conclusion. It's not just the fans who accused this material of being fake, MJ's own children have said it isn't him, Randy Jackson said it wasn't him, Taj Jackson said the same. Rodney Jerkins tweeted at the time that it sounded fake to him.

As for the real stuff...

Hold My Hand was recorded in 2007.

Hollywood Tonight was initially worked on prior to Invincible, but was abandoned when MJ started working with Rodney Jerkins. It was later worked on in 2007, a demo has surfaced online, featuring MJ talking and giving instructions of how he wanted the song to sound. Funny how no such thing exists for the three Cascio tracks. No handwritten lyric sheets, no alternative takes, no demos.

Much Too Soon was actually from the Dangerous era, but the version that's on the album is a vocal-take from 1995.

Best Of Joy dates back to Dangerous and MJ continued working on it over the years.

Another Day is an Invincible outtake.

Behind The Mask is from Thriller-era.

I hear what you are saying but I need some sort of proof, Which we may never get. Unless the guy sining it comes foreward, and why isn't he then? How can he be convicted in a court of law when those against him are lying also? IDK about all that. Need more proof.