The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

To be fair only one stat matters and that who is top after all the games have been played.

Oh definitely i just meant like, they were carrying games in hand for ages.

Oh true, up until a few weeks ago they still had three games in hand so the table didn't tell the whole story.

Richard Wright and Jack Rodwell putting kit on to get medals apparently. I guess they will be the new JT? Oh wait, no they won't.

They won't've made enough appearances for a medal mind?

They stopped that rule. Now the clubs get X amount of medals and can give them to whoever.

Also what the hell is going on in Spain? Real Madrid lost, Barca drew and Athletico drew. If Barca beat Athletico next week they are Champions.

Does nobody want to win La Liga?!

Half the Madrid team were reserves or the bench whatever you want to call it. Carlo and Madrid gave foolishly up on the league a month ago, if they didn't they'd probably be top right now if they'd won what should have been the easy games.

Wouldn't be surprised if Perez sacks him if they don't win the Champions League. Liverpool at least tried to win the league and failed, Madrid just gave up in the last 3rd.

Guest Len B'stard

What games are left, FA Cup, CL final...not been keeping up with La Liga so much this season.

FA Cup final and La Liga final next weekend, I believe they're on around the same time.

Championship Playoff Final is 24th May as is the Champion's League final.

Love the little montages and reviews like this at the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZW8FHC9jQ

Edited by Tater Totts

Guest Len B'stard

I meant the league man :lol: But yeah, you're right, they have organised a parade, despite it being an FA Cup and them not doing so the last time around. Guess after 9 years you get a bit starved for that shit, i know I am. Not a week of my life goes by where i don't have a gander back at some Arsenal title/silverware triumph, sort of a habit of mine. I know it sounds silly but you still feel a bit of that joy every time.

Edited by sugaraylen

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.z_sma=UP_TPL_20140512&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1388552400000&bicmet=1420088400000&_r=2

Interesting - not as a critique on teams, but does demonstrate where our English players are actively coming from/playing at.

Also, Mel and Garcia gone?! That was quick.

Ferdinand off too: could lose Evra, Vidic and Fer in one fell swoop.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.z_sma=UP_TPL_20140512&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1388552400000&bicmet=1420088400000&_r=2

Interesting - not as a critique on teams, but does demonstrate where our English players are actively coming from/playing at.

Also, Mel and Garcia gone?! That was quick.

Ferdinand off too: could lose Evra, Vidic and Fer in one fell swoop.

that is interesting, 102 goals scored (highest in the league) only 4 of which from English players :o