Who are the 'idiots' Axl talks about on this interview?

maynard

It wasn't obvious that he was talking about fans. However there are many idiot "fans"just look the fans on here and facebook comments. He's always getting slagged of for something.

I'm sure he rants about them on the Chicago 92 bootleg about standing critisizing the show. He's always been outspoken. Axl probably thinks we're all a bunch of losers posting on here anyway.

Edited by Axl_morris

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he rants about them on the Chicago 92 bootleg about standing critisizing the show.

No.

He talked about the journalists at the show being there for free with no other intention than to go home and write their biased reviews about Guns.

In the world according to axl, everyone is biased against him - though the journalists didnt write get in the ring - and he's a naive dumbass if he didnt think there'd be some backlash against - especially after the reaction to one in a million

Yeah, slash does some head scratching shit @ times but so does everyone.....lol - he does though take care of his fans - he puts out albums regularly, when he says somethings gonna happen, it happens (cd, dvd, setlist changes, live sound board cd's available for alot of 2010 shows, etc.), keeps fans reasonably informed of his bands plans, puts on great live shows, plays shit from his entire catologue, etc. and the list goes on.....or the exact opposite of axl and fakeGnR

slash is fucking awesome, so is axl... and so are what you refer to as fakeGnR - come to think of it idk why in the fuck everyones so caught up on the axl vs. Slash beef? Thats between them... i aint pickin sides, i love them both - maybe the "idiots" axl was referring to are the people that pick sides in a feud they know nothing about?

That's actually a pretty good post.

Fans who get caught up in the entire slash-vs-axl feud ........just seems really weird to me.

I don't like most of Slash's music, but I sure wish Axl treated his fans the same way that Slash treats his fans. At least Slash puts out music and keeps his fans updated on his musical plans. Two things that Axl chooses not to do, for some reason.

Yeah, slash does some head scratching shit @ times but so does everyone.....lol - he does though take care of his fans - he puts out albums regularly, when he says somethings gonna happen, it happens (cd, dvd, setlist changes, live sound board cd's available for alot of 2010 shows, etc.), keeps fans reasonably informed of his bands plans, puts on great live shows, plays shit from his entire catologue, etc. and the list goes on.....or the exact opposite of axl and fakeGnR

slash is fucking awesome, so is axl... and so are what you refer to as fakeGnR - come to think of it idk why in the fuck everyones so caught up on the axl vs. Slash beef? Thats between them... i aint pickin sides, i love them both - maybe the "idiots" axl was referring to are the people that pick sides in a feud they know nothing about?

Fans who get caught up in the entire slash-vs-axl feud ........just seems really weird to me.

I don't like most of Slash's music, but I sure wish Axl treated his fans the same way that Slash treats his fans. At least Slash puts out music and keeps his fans updated on his musical plans. Two things that Axl chooses not to do, for some reason.

yeah idk why people feel obliged to pick a side... i guess its human nature to get caught up in that shit, but really just cuz you like axls work more, doesnt mean you should bash slash or vice versa... i think it mainly comes down to people being agry that theyre not making music together anymore, so they feel the need to blame someone... axl fans blame slash, slash fans blame axl, simple as that... as far as slash keeping fans updated well, id think that has alot to do with him having better management right now... about him putting out more music well... could be because he doesnt take it to heart as much as axl... i guess he figures people will buy wtv he puts his name on, and the same could be said for axl, but i personally think theres more to just selling records for axl... there probably isnt for slash... maybe another reason they split... slash sayin well put it out put it out, axl sayin nono it aint ready yet well... theres only so much of each other one can take

yeah idk why people feel obliged to pick a side... i guess its human nature to get caught up in that shit, but really just cuz you like axls work more, doesnt mean you should bash slash or vice versa... i think it mainly comes down to people being agry that theyre not making music together anymore, so they feel the need to blame someone... axl fans blame slash, slash fans blame axl, simple as that... as far as slash keeping fans updated well, id think that has alot to do with him having better management right now... about him putting out more music well... could be because he doesnt take it to heart as much as axl... i guess he figures people will buy wtv he puts his name on, and the same could be said for axl, but i personally think theres more to just selling records for axl... there probably isnt for slash... maybe another reason they split... slash sayin well put it out put it out, axl sayin nono it aint ready yet well... theres only so much of each other one can take

I wouldn't say i pick sides - i just prefer the way slash conducts his business and his music over the way axl conducts his business and his music - I think if Axl was a bit more professional and actually wrote some kick ass rock tunes the fans would be a lot more appreciative

I wouldn't say i pick sides - i just prefer the way slash conducts his business and his music over the way axl conducts his business and his music - I think if Axl was a bit more professional and actually wrote some kick ass rock tunes the fans would be a lot more appreciative
to me chinese democracy and better are 2 of the best songs put out in the last 5 years... i might even go so far as to say theyre 2 of the top 10 songs (not only rock) in the past 10 years... maybe not as good as most of afd and uyi but better than some of it... it all comes down to personal taste tho... i dont think there would be any hype over the next gnr album unless the last one was at least decent, which it was... like i said tho, pretty sure the delay has alot to do with the label and management... and obviously axl... as far as i know he calls all the shots now, but there was a time when he didnt, and that period of time is when we got alot of good music and fast... maybe he should go back to a manager he doesnt love and who doesnt love him... he probably knows all that friction contributed to his work but doesnt wanna go back there... maybe the reason he has hard feelings for some of the "fans" is cuz they would rather him be miserable and make better music, as opposed to being happy and doing what he wants... i am curious tho as to why he doesnt just start his own label tho instead of getting fucked time and time again by the ones hes worked with?

You guys make some good points.

I don't like Slash's music, but to hate him as a person or bash his every move......just because Axl doesn't like him? That is just idiotic.

I love Axl's music. But I sure wish he treated his career and fans like Slash does. Can you imagine how awesome it would be as fan of Axl if he had put out six albums since the split and if he gave his fans updates on his music plans?

He did give an update... the quote posted in the OP... its just not what we wanna hear, but hey at least hes honest ... and he obviously cares about the fans if he says he loves them at the end of almost every show... hes definitely gotta few lose screws but thats why most of us love him back

i don't think "definite maybe" can be considered as an update. a leader of a band can't be so clueless, he's gotta have some goal if he wants his band to move forward. but i do believe axl is clueless, TB tells him exactly what slash told him "shut up and sing" and they do the rest. i would say axl has no idea there's a gnr dvd in the works, not that this is gonna be released or anything but...

i don't think "definite maybe" can be considered as an update. a leader of a band can't be so clueless, he's gotta have some goal if he wants his band to move forward. but i do believe axl is clueless, TB tells him exactly what slash told him "shut up and sing" and they do the rest. i would say axl has no idea there's a gnr dvd in the works, not that this is gonna be released or anything but...

wasnt dj the one that gave the definite maybe? Maybe ron? Idk but i think the quote the op posted is the only time ive heard that question be asked to axl... and the plan or "direction" as you called it was to tour cd for quite awhile, which is more or less whats going on... there've been some bumps in the road and yeah axls FUCKED up... not sure if he does what TB says tho, i think its more the other way around and thats why they are where they are... as for the dvd, who cares if axl knows ? Im a huge fan and couldnt give two shits myself about a dvd... seems more or less like the ppl who really want it just want something to talk shit about

I like Slashs stuff but its not as long lasting as Axl stuff which isnt always as immeadiate. But Slash added that loose energy to GNR.

I cant think of any idiots demanding release dates other than forums. And it probably was us who wanted them to release something. Its turned out to be true. He forsaw what would happen. People will always want more.

I like Slashs stuff but its not as long lasting as Axl stuff which isnt always as immeadiate. But Slash added that loose energy to GNR.

I cant think of any idiots demanding release dates other than forums. And it probably was us who wanted them to release something. Its turned out to be true. He forsaw what would happen. People will always want more.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be as fan of Axl if he had put out six albums since the split and if he gave his fans updates on his music plans?

That would only be awesome if the quality of those 6 albums were great. Has it ever occurred to you that Axl might not be able to churn of great albums frequently?

Can you imagine how awesome it would be as fan of Axl if he had put out six albums since the split and if he gave his fans updates on his music plans?

That would only be awesome if the quality of those 6 albums were great. Has it ever occurred to you that Axl might not be able to churn of great albums frequently?

That thought has occured quite a lot over the last few years!

But the split happened about 18 years ago. Six albums would entail, one album every three years. That is probably a bit fast for Axl, especially as the first album can probably not arrive until 1998/99 earliest (because of the whole break-up period). Making allowances for Axl's more studio based, perfectionist, style of recording then, three-four albums since the split seems the more realistic figure. That could have potentially been fufilled if Axl had released his 'trilogy' by now (if Democracy, the first installment, was released in, say 2001 or 02); Axl discussed this trilogy a lot over those years and has songs that are apparently 'to go'. Presumably, completed songs Axl intended to release in the 00s are still worthy of album release in the 10s? They just lie there, in that damn vault of his!

Edited by DieselDaisy

But the split happened about 18 years again. Six albums would entail, one album every three years. That is probably a bit fast for Axl. Making allowances for Axl's more studio based, perfectionist style of recording, three-four albums since the split seems the more realistic figure. That could have potentially been fufilled if Axl had released his 'trilogy' by now (if Democracy, the first installment, was released in, say 2001 or 02); Axl discussed this trilogy a lot over those years and has songs that are apparently 'to go'. Presumably, songs Axl intended to release in the 00s are still worthy of album release in the 10s? They are just lying there, in that damn vault of his!

They are not finished and it will take Axl an indeterminate amount of time to finish them.

I disagree. About a year ago I went through the whole of Chinese Whispers to try and make some sense of these confusing statements (''Axl has 100 songs''). It took me about three days and the conclusion I arrived at was that, Axl has one complete album in the vaults, and a third album that is semi-complete.

I disagree. About a year ago I went through the whole of Chinese Whispers to try and make some sense of these confusing statements (''Axl has 100 songs''). It took me about three days and the conclusion I arrived at was that, Axl has one complete album in the vaults, and a third album that is semi-complete.

This is in disagreement with numerous statements from band members. We also have no contrary quotes (?). I see no reason why they would lie about this.

But the split happened about 18 years ago. Six albums would entail, one album every three years. That is probably a bit fast for Axl, especially as the first album can probably not arrive until 1998/99 earliest (because of the whole break-up period). Making allowances for Axl's more studio based, perfectionist, style of recording then, three-four albums since the split seems the more realistic figure. That could have potentially been fufilled if Axl had released his 'trilogy' by now (if Democracy, the first installment, was released in, say 2001 or 02); Axl discussed this trilogy a lot over those years and has songs that are apparently 'to go'. Presumably, completed songs Axl intended to release in the 00s are still worthy of album release in the 10s? They just lie there, in that damn vault of his!

I take issue with any statement that claims axl is a "perfectionist". No perfectionist would go out on tour, let alone live stream a concert, without proper rehearsal and getting into proper shape, etc. That whole "perfectionist" persona is myth / excuse used by axl apologists to explain all the delays, etc. He's just insecure and has no confidence in the direction he took the band and the musicians he has playing in it.