Is it back to South America for New GNR or are they going to spread Chinese Democracy extensively in Africa and the Middle East?

Randy Lahey

Hmmm, this is a great topic. Since this tour is the only thing that happens with Guns n' Roses, we really should spend more time analyzing it.

I have to believe that South America is definitely in the cards. Whether they begin there or not though, is anybody's guess. I agree that the Middle East is a strong contender. Australia & New Zealand could possibly use another go. I think Japan is an undervalued prospect with a lot of upside. I'll go out on a limb and say 2013 marks the very first Guns show ever in Antarctica as well.

bringing back Madagascar is one move they could make. But they've sort of done everything else like Estranged and Civil War. I don't think bringing back Sorry or IRS would shake the world. Another cover isn't either. Unless they do Eye of the Tiger of course. So maybe tour less pressure zones is what they can do until they work out how to release a record.

Axl has always said he'd like to take the show to parts of Africa but I think it's a longshot. While they have played volatile areas including Beirut, ultimately there is less safeguards in place if they were to play in South Africa (which as I'm sure you're aware boasts huge levels of criminal activity).

I would be against GNR going back to more middle eastern parts of the globe on the basis that musically it's just irrelevant. Frankly most of those crowds are naïve to the point that in their minds, through a limited exposure to popular culture, they're going to see the GNR that toured the world on such an epic scale in the 90s.

If they are to go anywhere, and I would much prefer they gauage the creative juices at this point, it should be to Europe and maybe South America where they can retain credibility in the sense that not only are they playing for financial incentive, but they actually have a degree of credibility.

where they can retain credibility in the sense that not only are they playing for financial incentive

That shipped sailed long ago.

The only reason they are touring is for financial purposes.

Providing food, shelter, clothing, cars and all of life's necessities for a family of Brazilian leaches, Jarmo and Del James can get rather expensive.

Edited by Naupis

To make a sweeping statement like that, you have to justify it. What about touring to solidify the band's level of ability? Or to directly show Interscope that an enthusiasm exists for this particular GNR?

To make a sweeping statement like that, you have to justify it. What about touring to solidify the band's level of ability? Or to directly show Interscope that an enthusiasm exists for this particular GNR?

Axl needs money, that's why he's touring with Slash right now.

South America, for sure. It's about the last place in the world where fat Axl can trapse about the stage with his cane and offer no new songs and still get a rabid response from the crowds...

South America, for sure. It's about the last place in the world where fat Axl can trapse about the stage with his cane and offer no new songs and still get a rabid response from the crowds...

Do you even know where South America is? Do you know that for example Captain America only represents USA and maybe a small part of Canada?

Do you even know where South America is? Do you know that for example Captain America only represents USA and maybe a small part of Canada?

:shrugs: I'm not wrong.

Come to a rock concert in let's say, Argentina. And then you will understand why a band get a rabid response from a good rock show.

To make a sweeping statement like that, you have to justify it.

I thought I did.

Look at all the mouth's he has to feed, cloth and provide shelter for.

You think that shit is free and money grows on trees?

He has alot of beggars and hangers on in his life, and they all have their hand out expecting something.

He tours so he can provide a good life for them. They are like children in that respect, each and every last one of them.

Come to a rock concert in let's say, Argentina. And then you will understand why a band get a rabid response from a good rock show.

I'll give Argentinians this: you guys make a mean steak. If I go to Argentina it will be for that reason and the scenerey, not to watch a fat and breathless Axl destroy the songs I love, old & new.

I'll give Argentinians this: you guys make a mean steak. If I go to Argentina it will be for that reason and the scenerey, not to watch a fat and breathless Axl destroy the songs I love, old & new.

last time i've seen Axl here: