When you say you want a GNR reunion, you really mean...

Guest NGOG

The more elements of nostalgia you add, the staler the production becomes. They play a set which leans toward nostalgia currently, if they add inferior players to further that sense of nostalgia, you can say without question that Axl's aspiration is gone. At least there is the possibility of another record with the current GNR line-up. Would Axl ever want to get implicitly creative with Slash again?

Why opt for an inferior player even if he can cope with the parts? Is it just so some people can be endeared by his image for a few shows and then get tired of it and move onto the next request? Izzy gets to play rare songs with GNR not on the basis of ability, but clearly because Axl wants to. His presence obviously gives Axl a sense of energy.

And what, the production isn't already stale as week old shit? Axl's aspiration is gone. He's been going through the motions ever since Rio. No fire left in him at all. Why not go all out and make the band as profitable as possible? You could advertise Axl and Izzy reuniting as the two founding members of GNR. That'd be big for ticket sales. What, you think this is a bad idea because it'd be sacrificing Axl's artistic integrity or something? Newsflash, there's none left to give. Your new record is about as likely as getting hit by lightning and winning the lottery in the same day.

You opt for that "inferior player" because no one gives a fuck about Richard. He's a session musician who jumps around a lot and does justice to the songs. Good for him, but how many people in the crowd even know his name? I'd wager less than 15%. You bring in Izzy and you've got the co-founding member of GNR. You've got Axl's childhood friend from Indiana. You've got the guy who wrote most of the songs on AFD. You've got the guy who was half of the iconic guitar sound on what many consider to be the greatest rock album of all time. It's a big deal. Not as big a deal as Slash, but a big deal.

And yeah, they just happened to play 14 Years when Izzy was there because Axl was in the mood. Had nothing to do with the fact that Izzy sings the fucking song. :rofl-lol: I'm done here.

You're arguing with someone who clearly doesn't understand anything you're typing. You already treated the shit out of him with your Myles over Axl comparison when he said he'd rather have a superior live product. Then he comes back with an NFL analogy about not wanting a team that was good in the '90s yet in the same instance says Axl (who is horrible right now) is a key component. Some people are so goddamn delusional.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest is it just Axl & Slash? Not really. Izzy was very important in song writing. They could not even write one more album without him (a cover album doesn't really count).

Once Izzy left, GN'R was dead in the water. I do like Matt's drumming on UYI. Duff's bass fills were pretty original IMO. I think it takes at least 3/5 to be considered true GN'R.

I completely disagree with the OPs misguided accusation. I want all 5 of them back together. Not just Axl n Slash.

I do agree, however, that most teenagers like himself probably only really care about seeing Axl n Slash together. Twenty years ago, I knew plenty of people that cared when Steven and Izzy left. Just because some weren't born to witness it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Exactly. All this original/real GNR talk is a bunch of bs. If any of these people really believed in that they would have jumped ship when Steven was fired and/or definitely when Izzy left (especially since Izzy wrote more than anyone else aside from Axl and along with Axl was the only there when the band was actually named and formed). The magic formula for these people is:

1 bandana + 1 top hat = Real GNR

It's as simple as that.

I agree!!!

Is this Miser's Velvet Girl moment? :lol:

Don't think is Miser, but he clearly forgot to change accounts. :rofl-lol:

Yeah well whoever it is it's clearly somebody's .alt account. :lol:

LMFAO. Just caught that.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL what a real loser :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

No other founding member really matters...

Yeah fuck Tracii, Ole and Rob. :shades:

Dude, get over rob, ole, and tracii - they all quit once the idea of the seattle tour was hatched - and if they didnt bail, duff was going to. I know you hate to admit it, but if not for slash and steve, GnR would have been long dead back in 1985 cause duff was about to quit. If you dont believe me, pick up duff's book.

Fortus may be a "better live performer" than Izzy, but does that really matter when, despite all of this charisma he supposedly oozes, 98% of the people in the average GNR crowd would take boring ol' Izzy on stage over him in a heartbeat?

I think you're overestimating most people's insight into the role of Izzy in old GNR. As far as I'm concerned, given that new material with old GNR is out of the question on the basis of tour sustainability, it's a matter of who plays the material best. Does a noodling Izzy top Richard Fortus? No. Does Slash top Dj? Easily.

In that case, bring in Myles Kennedy to replace Axl.
Have you heard Myles do GNR? What I mean to say is, have you heard Myles try to do GNR? Obviously, of all people to do GNR, you have Axl and Slash as your first choices.

I've experienced it live and it was pretty fuckin' good. Not as good as Axl from 2006-2010, but definitely better than one of his average 2011-13 performances.

And to be honest, I'll go as far as to say that I've never heard Axl Rose sing SCOM live as well as Myles does on a day-to-day basis, even in his prime years.

Give this man a prize, because he hit it on the head. Myles right now sings the Gn'R tunes better than Axl, and Myles kills (in a good way) Sweet Child.

lol myles

Fortus may be a "better live performer" than Izzy, but does that really matter when, despite all of this charisma he supposedly oozes, 98% of the people in the average GNR crowd would take boring ol' Izzy on stage over him in a heartbeat?

I think you're overestimating most people's insight into the role of Izzy in old GNR. As far as I'm concerned, given that new material with old GNR is out of the question on the basis of tour sustainability, it's a matter of who plays the material best. Does a noodling Izzy top Richard Fortus? No. Does Slash top Dj? Easily.

Have you heard Myles do GNR? What I mean to say is, have you heard Myles try to do GNR? Obviously, of all people to do GNR, you have Axl and Slash as your first choices.

I've experienced it live and it was pretty fuckin' good. Not as good as Axl from 2006-2010, but definitely better than one of his average 2011-13 performances.

And to be honest, I'll go as far as to say that I've never heard Axl Rose sing SCOM live as well as Myles does on a day-to-day basis, even in his prime years.

Give this man a prize, because he hit it on the head. Myles right now sings the Gn'R tunes better than Axl, and Myles kills (in a good way) Sweet Child.

lol myles

lol myles

insert axl rose disaster vol 1 and 2 videos here.

lol myles

still beats myles in my opinion

lol myles

Still better than Myles "balls in pain vocals" Kennedy

As far as I am concerned, any member missing is less of a band and less of a reunion. So, Axl and Slash is good and probably enough to warrant the term 'Guns N' Roses' but it is still, 60% lacking. Axl, Slash and Izzy is, 40% incomplete and so on. Why didn't I get off the boat when Stradlin left in 1991? Well you have to remember that when Izzy left, the only thing the band did was finish off the Illusion tour and release a crap covers record. It is not as if there was a post-Izzy Axl/Slash/Duff record with which to compare to the prior records. I would have still supported a non-Izzy GN'R, although Izzy is the most important member, based on the principle that in Axl, Slash and Duff you still had 60% of the band there.

lol myles

Still better than Myles "balls in pain vocals" Kennedy

Balls in pain vocals :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yep i'll take those 2 disaster videos over any Myles performances of GNR songs.

If he even just dropped Bumble and Ashba, brought back Slash and Izzy, and for good measure, replaced Ferrer with just about any other drummer, it would be Gnr to me, and probably the masses again.

If Axl were merely to replace Dj with Slash it would be GNR to the masses again. That's the superficial mentality which drives most people's desire for a reunion.

Superficial? no whats superficial is those people who got suckerpunched into believing ANYBODY else but Slash on guitar was GNR ... showed how fickle the fan base really was or how stupid the younger generation really is...."oh i just love November Rain and Estranged and Dont Cry...These are the same people who debase Slash as a junkie while MR. Axl himself had his nose in the bag as well!